Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what could that also lead to???
Spider-Man is taking on
2820028-heralds.jpg

in his 2nd movie

Just got out of BATMAN RETURNS. Hot damn it was good to see one of my childhood favorites on the big screen for the first time in my 32 years of life. Just hearing that iconic march on big loud movie speakers made me feel young again.

Now, I gotta say, seeing this movie as an adult....theres a lot wrong with this movie from a plot/scripting/logic standpoint. I mean, a lot. This is basically a live action cartoon with cartoon logic and I think if this movie came out today it wouldve gotten eviscerated by critics and fans. But, in 1992, this was the best thing ever. And credit goes to Tim Burton who despite the juvenile plot manages to mask the movie’s imperfections with his wonderfully dark, gothic, noir aesthetic. I found myself just admiring the visuals, the framing and compositions, like watching moving artwork. The Burton batsuit and batmobile are still to this day my favorites in the Batman lore.

Michael Keaton IS Batman. I love his broody, quirky, aloof version of Bruce Wayne and Michelle Pfiefer is the embodiment of Catwoman. And Danny Devito chewed the scenery up and down like nobody’s business and I loved it.

I love this movie. I dont care that it makes no sense and that nostalgia is coloring my opinion. I love that Tim Burton was crazy enough to make this and Warner Bros was crazy enough to let him. This type of superhero movie will never be made again so im glad we got two ultra gothic stylistic versions of Batman to revisit.

While popular with audiences, the Burton Batman films actually weren't universally acclaimed by critics or anything like that. Certainly more-so than the Schumacher ones, but plenty of critics tore them apart even back then. Roger Ebert was never a fan, for example. And BR made significantly less than Batman '89 at the box office, so I guess it wasn't so beloved by audiences, either.

Glad you still enjoyed it though, @kguillou !

While popular with audiences, the Burton Batman films actually weren't universally acclaimed by critics or anything like that. Certainly more-so than the Schumacher ones, but plenty of critics tore them apart even back then. Roger Ebert was never a fan, for example. And BR made significantly less than Batman '89 at the box office, so I guess it wasn't so beloved by audiences, either.
While a definite step down from B89, its box office run was nothing to scoff at. In 2019 USD, its domestic tally was ~297 million. That beats about 90% of the blockbusters that come out today. It's just its predecessor was so gargantuan it looked small in comparison.

The Star Wars movies (OT, PT, and ST) have all ran into this "problem" too.

While a definite step down from B89, its box office run was nothing to scoff at. In 2019 USD, its domestic tally was ~297 million. That beats about 90% of the blockbusters that come out today. It's just its predecessor was so gargantuan it looked small in comparison.

The Star Wars movies (OT, PT, and ST) have all ran into this "problem" too.
It also got a "B" CinemaScore from audiences, which isn't good for a blockbuster at all. The reason for its significant drop goes beyond just "it's predecessor was too big." I'm not saying it was hated or anything, but far from universally embraced.

Is there a limit to how many threads can give me notifications or something? Why did this thread stop notifying me of updates?

It's good that DCEU has many "grounded movies too", after Aquaman and Endgame, I have found new appreciation / renewed interest for small budget grounded comic book movies. :funny:

Joker has a budget o $55 M, Birds of Prey budget has a budget of $ 63 M. Also Tax credits, (Margot Robbie's 'Birds of Prey' to Receive $12.6 Million in Tax Credits)

I feel like I need to see a few grounded movies before I think of watching Wonder Woman'84, Joaqker and Birds of Prey are perfect. :o

Lol, so it's all getting more and more pseudo-dramatic since the Endgame plotholes are now canon. Called it. :whatever:

This is going to be an endless telenovela. So basically I'll have to spend the rest of my life in the world where MCU is the main popcultural omnipresent s**t. :barf:

And they even defiled Prague, as I can see.

My only hope now is the great destroyer Larson herself crashes MCU by her SJW bull****, with no survivors. Love you, Brie! More power to you! :up: :atp:

It's not that big of a deal. When I see a mediocre superhero movie I just forget about it and move on with my life. The only thing I tend to regret is spending my money on it, but to go on the internet and try to let everyone else know how much I hate it isn't really a productive way to spend my time.

Actors using the platform they're provided with to promote their political opinions has been going on since the dawn of cinema. It actually seems way more tame now than it was before, since I'm not sure I can see Brie Larson do what Jane Fonda once did.

Ugh these Joker pics are so boring, they are all the same

I really hope this movie doesnt blow it, I wanna see more lower budget, weird and indie elseworlds like comic book movies like this. Im hoping this will show theres a market for this stuff.

I really hope this movie doesnt blow it, I wanna see more lower budget, weird and indie elseworlds like comic book movies like this. Im hoping this will show theres a market for this stuff.

I am 90% sure it will be mediocre at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back