Lounge of Justice - Part 90

I remember when she reacted to the Dear White People trailer and she commented "Why are you so angry?" or something similar. lol

Venom was early 2000's B-level comic book movie that I actually enjoy because of the Eddie/Symbiote banter. Excited to see what Serkis has done with the sequel.

Re-watched Batman Returns this weekend after that Keaton suit reveal and many of the decisions Burton made are so frustrating. I love a lot of his work but he values the art of a scene over logic a tad too much in Returns.

i always enjoy batman returns as a good burton christmas film.
but it is not a good batman film. lol

it's visuals are great. burton's use of shadow are *chef's kiss*.

keaton looked awesome:

fhdwQCn.gif

but yea, the movie doesn't make sense sometimes. :huh:

fortnite-chapter-2-season-7-battle-pass-new-cropped-hed-1271412-1280x0.jpeg

Superman's coming to Fortnite. Crazy how this has basicaly become the closest thing we'll probably ever get to an official Marvel/DC crossover game.

Glad it sounds like things with Wan have smoothed out.

The studio’s 2022 theatrical film lineup features five DC movies: “The Batman” with Robert Pattinson, “Black Adam” starring Dwayne Johnson, “The Flash” with Ezra Miller, the animated feature “DC Super Pets” and James Wan’s “Aquaman 2.”

“This movie has to be played on the biggest screen around the world, and the studio gets that as well,” said Wan, who directed two “Conjuring” horror films with the studio.

Additionally, Warner Bros. has mid-budget DC movies on the way for streaming, “Batgirl” and “Blue Beetle.”
Theaters or HBO Max? Warner Bros. movie plans take shape as Discovery merger looms

Nothing against Super Pets...but that getting a theatrical release over Batgirl, is not cool.
But glad to see Aquaman 2 on the lineup, i hope so much that we get the pandemic even more under control this year so that we might have full theaters next year again.

Anybody here have xfinity cable boxes including the main sized one and the mini "piggy backing" one?

Wow I haven’t watched State of Origin for years and they are still playing The Dark Knight theme during Phil Gould’s monologue and the stadium was literally playing MOS’ Flight during the firework before the team enter into the capacity crowd in Townsville.

It feels like 2013

@Iceman

How will HBO Max and Warner Bros.'s DC strategy dovetail?

Emmerich: HBO Max presents a huge opportunity for DC. It allows us to make high-quality mid-budget superhero movies that reintroduce lesser-known DC titles, while also crossing over stand-out characters from our bigger films into original series.

Connecting the DC cinematic universe with Max gives our fans more ways to explore the DC multiverse and more chances to enjoy more great stories with these beloved characters.
Wide Shot: Inside Warner Bros.'s risky streaming movie strategy

Which is what many of us were hoping for when HBO Max became a thing. Of course now since they are doing it the "WB Sucks At Everything *garble* *garble*" crowd will rip them for doing exactly that.

Blue Beetle on HBO Max makes all the sense in the world and gives that film opportunities that it might not have at the cinema. Different expectations, different thresholds and easier engagement.

Which is what many of us were hoping for when HBO Max became a thing. Of course now since they are doing it the "WB Sucks At Everything *garble* *garble*" crowd will rip them for doing exactly that.

Probably, but doesnt really matter as long as we get the content.
Its what we hoped for and we get it, so thats all that matters.

Blue Beetle on HBO Max makes all the sense in the world and gives that film opportunities that it might not have at the cinema. Different expectations, different thresholds and easier engagement.

I think with the right marketing, even Blue Beetle could get hyped enough to be a valid Theater release.
But yeah, you put less pressure onto the people working on it when you have it be on the streaming platform.
Look at Shazam or Harley Quinn...both good movies that struggled during their Theatrical run despite being good.
Im sure that we already would have had more Birds of Prey etc stuff if the Harley Quinn movie wouldnt have been a theatrical release.
It takes pressure away a bit and you can climb the mountain on a bit safer path.
Because if you release movies on the streaming platform and they are a success, you can risk a Theatrical release for sequels...but if you put it in Theaters and it fails, its most likely the end.

Its why at first i was a bit sad when they said Batgirl wouldnt be a cinema experience, but now im actually rather glad for now because it has more room that way to be unique.

Nah, a company trying to brand itself as the king of diversity then dumps Batgirl and Blue Beetles on streaming :funny:Has HBO Max even gone worldwide yet?

That's like Disney releasing Black Widow, Black Panther & Shang Chi on streaming only, come up with a bunch of excuses and talk down their potentials.

Nah, a company trying to brand itself as the king of diversity then dumps Batgirl and Blue Beetles on streaming :funny:Has HBO Max even gone worldwide yet?

That's like Disney releasing Black Widow, Black Panther & Shang Chi on streaming only, come up with a bunch of excuses and talk down their potentials.

That is a rather weak oversimplification even for the internet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"