The Winter Soldier Love Interest for Captain America II

Status
Not open for further replies.
if alison brie were cast...I don't even know how I'd begin to handle that...much...hottness...I can't, I just can't ::cries::

but in all seriousness, please cast alison brie.

It's clearly Sharon, from the fact that everybody other than Brie is British (and Brie just did a role in The Five-Year Engagement) with what was supposedly a pretty good accent).

What's funny about Brie is that when the Russos took charge I thought that Gillian Jacobs is actually a pretty good match for the comics version of Sharon, but since the movie Carters are brunettes, that's not the case here.

Alison:hrt: Really surprised she's on the list.

I've gotta say I find Emilia Clarke to be the most interesting option just because I've never seen her play anyone but Daenerys on GoT, so I really wouldn't know what to expect from her. I feel like I've seen enough of these other candidates to have some kind of idea of what they'd be like.

Wait... Australia isn't in England!??!? Then how do you explain the accents being the same?

Wait... Australia isn't in England!??!? Then how do you explain the accents being the same?
They're similar but different at the same time. Most Americans won't be able to tell the difference. When you get overseas into those countries, that's who will be able to tell.

They're all a fine age. You have to remember, Evans was playing a character 5-10 years younger than he actually is in CA: TFA. His love interest should be about 25.
Evans was 29 at the time, playing a character whos father died in WWI, so he was about 3 years younger than he.

That is par for the course, actors playing someone they're older than, so with a bunch of actresses who are 25 or younger (Alison Brie is 29, but she plays a much younger college student, while her co-star, similarly aged, plays someone in their late-20s) the character might very well be younger than event that, like 21 or 22.

They don't sound at all similar to me. Australian accents are rougher and sort of more scrunched up.

I hope Jessica Findlay doesn't get it because I was hoping she would play Wanda Maximoff! She's wonderful!

There are a few good choices on that list though

I wonder if Brie was cast if she would do an accent like in The 5 Year Engagement.

Since Peggy was, it's just logical if they want to draw comparisons between them.

Not necessary, imo, but i guess they may go that route

The smart yanks will. All three of them. :oldrazz: :woot:

eff you, mate! Go wrestle a crocodile or something..
:cwink:

ps. why do you brits and aussies use mate? Mating is doin it, so a mate would be someone you have sex with, no?

Evans was 29 at the time, playing a character whos father died in WWI, so he was about 3 years younger than he.

That is par for the course, actors playing someone they're older than, so with a bunch of actresses who are 25 or younger (Alison Brie is 29, but she plays a much younger college student, while her co-star, similarly aged, plays someone in their late-20s) the character might very well be younger than event that, like 21 or 22.

I don't know about the movies, but in the comics Captain America was born in 1917, later retconned to 1922.

I like Alison Brie, but I'm not sure she's the right fit for this role considering her biggest role to date is a comedy TV series and this is a big commitment and not the same as doing a comedy series.

I don't see how it being a "big commitment" is an issue. It's one actors make all the time, with far less experience than Brie has.

I like Alison Brie, but I'm not sure she's the right fit for this role considering her biggest role to date is a comedy TV series and this is a big commitment and not the same as doing a comedy series.

It is called acting for a reason.

I'm always a little confused when posters think the only people who can play a role are actors who have played near identical roles in the past.

I know it's called acting and obviously there are actors that have plays comedy and drama and action before.

But I still dont get the support behind Brie besides the fact that she's hot

I know it's called acting and obviously there are actors that have plays comedy and drama and action before.

But I still dont get the support behind Brie besides the fact that she's hot

That's what female fan-casting comes down to, unless it's an obvious non-actress like Megan Fox.

I've honestly seen very little of Brie's work, I just hate it when people say "No! they only have done comedy!" or "This actor/actress played a character exactly like that once! They should do it!" It's just a really closed minded way of dealing with things.

So many inspired casting choices (Ledger, Downey) wouldn't have ever happened if left in the hands of fan boys. People used to want Oded ****ing Fehr for Iron Man.

Last edited:
I'm not totally sold on Brie as an action hero (she's a strong dramatic actress, we know from Mad Men), but I just like her and would enjoy her getting the part.

Some weren't sold on Hemsworth 3 years ago when he was cast, because he looked more like an Underwear model than a rugged warrior. The weight room and training does wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"