lupe fiasco's The Cool ressurects hiphop

You can refer to it however you want to... but a its a term that's been embraced by Hip Hop. It doesn't need your acceptance to be accepted.
Does anybody in hip-hop even refer to themselves as an MC anymore?

Eminem can kick rocks.

Eminem has delivered some memorable TV performances though....I always liked 'White America'

Really, I used to be huge into Hip-Hop, but it's become nothing now, just like almost every other genre of music. It's become a huge series of the same uninspired, unoriginal, unbearable songs re-made over and over.

Lupe Fiasco is awesome, but I don't think he's hardly awesome enough to resurrect Hip-Hop.

We're in an age now where a few idiots with recording equipment can get incredible fame and fortune off of "Knuck If You Buck" and "Crank Dat Supaman." Hip-Hop is (sadly, in my opinion) dead, and doesn't have much hope for a major rebirth at the moment.

Does anybody in hip-hop even refer to themselves as an MC anymore?

If you browse any rap boards, it's becoming less and less "cool," or whatever, to use "MC."

The appropriate spelling is now emcee:o.

It makes me feel like :brucebat: just from saying it.

Not something I would listen to on a regular basis, but it is nice to hear an intelligent rap artist who isn't spewing the N word in every sentence.:up:

Not something I would listen to on a regular basis, but it is nice to hear an intelligent rap artist who isn't spewing the N word in every sentence.:up:
Uh... don't listen to "The Coolest."

Uh... don't listen to "The Coolest."

I just did which means I'll retract some of my respect for him now lol. But seriously, what is it with the black peoples casual use of that word? Kind of ironic if you ask me.

I kinda get it. The most simple way I can put it is this: have you ever said a word so many times, it lost all meaning? That's what some people do with the n-word. If you use the word with a non-disrespectful meaning, it might lose its sting.

Which I don't believe. I can't bring myself to saying it.

I kinda get it. The most simple way I can put it is this: have you ever said a word so many times, it lost all meaning? That's what some people do with the n-word. If you use the word with a non-disrespectful meaning, it might lose its sting.

Which I don't believe. I can't bring myself to saying it.

True. I forgot how external and meaningless society has become. It's just funny that whenever a white person says it (which they shouldn't), people go completely nuts about how racist they are towards blacks yet so many african americans casually say it (which they shouldn't either). Comical yet sad at the same time.

True. I forgot how external and meaningless society has become. It's just funny that whenever a white person says it (which they shouldn't), people go completely nuts about how racist they are towards blacks yet so many african americans casually say it (which they shouldn't either). Comical yet sad at the same time.

the point is to turn the tables on a word that has identified them for years, from a word used to degrade and abuse to a word used as a term of endearment. it is an attempt (and a successful one) to rise about a social prejudice that has plagued black people for centuries.

Hip Hop is not business.

**** Gay-Z.

uhhh... jay is top 10 sickest lyricist ever. period. say you want about how he went 'commercial', but no one can deny his gift with the mic and his unparalleled success in the rap game.

I just did which means I'll retract some of my respect for him now lol. But seriously, what is it with the black peoples casual use of that word? Kind of ironic if you ask me.

you know whats comical? white people *****ing on how they should be using that word since blacks can.:whatever:

the point is to turn the tables on a word that has identified them for years, from a word used to degrade and abuse to a word used as a term of endearment. it is an attempt (and a successful one) to rise about a social prejudice that has plagued black people for centuries.
See, I have a problem with that because of how I've noticed the other races reacting to it. I live in an area full of Asians, many of whom listen to hip-hop and rap. A majority of my Asian peers throughout my childhood were also either immigrants, or second generation-ers. Do you know what happens to a bunch Asians who are exposed to hip-hop culture at the same time they're refining their English skills? The n-word becomes a part of their vocabulary. And a good many of them don't seem to be aware of the negative connotations the word still carries. And yes, the word still carries negative connotations, or we'd allow white people to say it, and the difference between "er" and "a" at the end wouldn't be stressed.

as a black man i don't like the word and have never used it in an endearing or positive manner....nor will i ever....

When gay guys stop calling themselves queer and ***s and women stop calling each other biatches amongst themselves as terms of endearment or jokes, we'll stop using the n-word. It's all the same principle. I would never refer to a gay person or woman in that manner, and I would not like them to call me the n-word, regardless of how many times they hear me say it. Life is not fair, we are not all equal.

When gay guys stop calling themselves queer and ***s and women stop calling each other biatches amongst themselves as terms of endearment or jokes, we'll stop using the n-word. It's all the same principle. I would never refer to a gay person or woman in that manner, and I would not like them to call me the n-word, regardless of how many times they hear me say it. Life is not fair, we are not all equal.

I don't really understand that. I would think that the n-word is a word that reminds you of the years or prejudice, discrimination, and slavery that black people have suffered. It's widely regarded as the most derogatory word for a black person, yet black people use it all the time, which is an odd double standard.

My thoughts would be that if black people were to stop throwing the n-word around with each other and in hip hop/rap music, it might actually begin to fade away in most respects.

Lupe is definitely awesome! The coolest may be mt favorite song of 2007. I can listen to it all day :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"