Will Venom look cool or not cool, or fake, but cool?

Jason Martell

Civilian
Reaction score
So how cool will Venom look? In the first Spider-Man often times Spider-Man looked fake, like something out of a video game. So here's the million dollar question. How cool will Venom look? They might not get it perfect. Or they might make him satsifying, but not mindblowing. His face might not show facial expressions. He might always have the exact same look on his face. So what do you guys think?

The effects in Spiderman and even Spiderman 2 look dated now, but at the time I didn't mind. I don't even know what Venom is going to look like, let alone how real it will be.
So I voted not sure.

Dated? Look again at Spider-Man 2. It's only 1 year old. What kind of effects have come out since #2 came out, that make #2 look dated? In my opinion Matrx 2 and 3 are the only movies that effects better than those shown in part 2. Look at the train scene of Spider-Man 2.

Jason Martell said:
Dated? Look again at Spider-Man 2. It's only 1 year old. What kind of effects have come out since #2 came out, that make #2 look dated? In my opinion Matrx 2 and 3 are the only movies that effects better than those shown in part 2. Look at the train scene of Spider-Man 2.

I kind of agrre. I was wathing Matrix Reloaded again and the scene where Neo fights the clones looked really dated:down . The SM2 train scene still looks fresh. That's why it won an academy award;)

How realistic will Venom look? I'm not really sure either. I wouldn't go for a complete CGI look like they did with the Hulk, it would be too expensive. I would go for a combonation of a prosthetic suit and CGI effect. Much like what they did with The Thing in FF, but better.

One of the most cool fights is Spidey vs. Octopus.
There was much action and CGI effects.

And I hope that Venom in SM3 will look dark and cool.

Why are you polling us on this? How the hell would any of us know?

If there is a god,and Sony have an ounce of sense,Venom will not be in SM-3.

If the unthinkable happens and Venom is in SM-3,well as Eddie Brock he'll look like a joke because Topher Grace is supposed to be this:

venomeddie8mm.jpg

You might want to get yourself prepared to see something more like this:

EddieBrockJr.JPG

Ultimate34.JPG

I don't want Topher Grace as Venom, but I want Venom in SM3.
Because if Venom doesn't be in SM3, it will be some part boring.

Threshold said:

EddieBrockJr.JPG

Ultimate34.JPG

Well I would but you see there's just one problem: These movies ain't based on the Ultimate comics :D

Threshold said:

EddieBrockJr.JPG

Ultimate34.JPG

If Grace plays this version of Eddie Brock, I will agree with this.

Doc Ock said:
Well I would but you see there's just one problem: These movies ain't based on the Ultimate comics :D

the movies are based on Spider-Man comics. period. Raimi doesn't seem to be making the statement "we're only using 616 continuity," or "just the stuff from Amazing." he's creating his own universe, that's why you have no Gwen, no mechanic webshooters, blah blah blah.

what would be so horrible about an Ultimized villain? at this point, Ultimate Venom seems like a far superior choice over 616 Venom.

i hope they do it like spawn(esp the mask) but extra fluid

BruceWayne05 said:
i hope they do it like spawn(esp the mask) but extra fluid

I hope too.
They will make all Venom's body in new techology of CGI-effects. But Venom will be darker and real than Hulk.

I like Topher as Venom. I think its great for Raimi to fiddle with duality issues between Spidey and Venom.

Perhaps have Brock be the new suitor to Mary Jane to make Peter's life more miserable.

I think it would be far more interesting to make Venom a polar opposite of Spidey than have him be muscle-bound Eddie Brock going nutso and saying, "I want Spider-Brains!".
I believe audiences, people who aren't totally aware of everything in the Spidey mythos, would accept Venom as more realistic and dangerous coming from somebody like Grace.

Leave the muscle work to Sandman and Flint Marko.

Doc Ock said:
If there is a god,and Sony have an ounce of sense,Venom will not be in SM-3.

If the unthinkable happens and Venom is in SM-3,well as Eddie Brock he'll look like a joke because Topher Grace is supposed to be this:

venomeddie8mm.jpg

You know in reality, they probably need somebody small because they have to fit that mask with that mouth over their head. It would be real difficult to fit a Venom mask over somebody with a large head like say, somebody real tall. That picture of Venom's face wouldn't even fit on that picture of Brock's head. Remember you can see inside venom's mouth. We don't want to look inside and see the guys face taking up all the room where his teeth and tounge should be. I personally want longer teeth. You know in real life, Grace is older than he looks on the show. In real life he has a rougher look to him. And unless they show him without his shirt on, they can easily make him look buff. Wearing padded muscles under his clothes, and of course the muscle enhanced Venom suit. I originally didn't like the idea of Grace playing Venom but, I'm warming up to it. I actually think Venom will look good, and then they will improve on him for part 4, and Carnage will just look perfect. The important thing, is that Venom's skin need to look like liquid. And his face needs to show expression. His smile and his eyes can change shape to show expression like in the comic book. And when he gets punched he should look soft, except for his teeth.

Genosha said:
I like Topher as Venom. I think its great for Raimi to fiddle with duality issues between Spidey and Venom.

Perhaps have Brock be the new suitor to Mary Jane to make Peter's life more miserable.

I think it would be far more interesting to make Venom a polar opposite of Spidey than have him be muscle-bound Eddie Brock going nutso and saying, "I want Spider-Brains!".
I believe audiences, people who aren't totally aware of everything in the Spidey mythos, would accept Venom as more realistic and dangerous coming from somebody like Grace.

You are absolutely, 100% right on. This is a wonderful response, and very close to what we'll see in the movie, IMO. I hope, for everyone's sake, that this is right. Even the Venom supporters must see that this is the only way it will translate to the big screen.

Genosha said:

I agree with you, and like the idea to make Brock a polar opposite of Spidey. But I hope that Venom will be powerful and have muscle.

I think he should be black with a bluish tint, maybe the purple is only for at night.

StreetFighter said:
Note not a single mention of the now confirmed Sandman?

go to the main freeze dried page and search for spider-man articles.
they scooped sandman ages and are sure venom is the main bad guy.

ScottishFogg said:
the movies are based on Spider-Man comics. period. Raimi doesn't seem to be making the statement "we're only using 616 continuity," or "just the stuff from Amazing." he's creating his own universe, that's why you have no Gwen, no mechanic webshooters, blah blah blah.

what would be so horrible about an Ultimized villain? at this point, Ultimate Venom seems like a far superior choice over 616 Venom.

Well one thing is for certain Raimi is not using the Ultimate universe to build his movies as they are completly diffrent, they are based more on the classic universe so that argument is not correct.

gotta feeling Venom going be lame, in the comics he looks cool but on screen?? Time will tell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"