• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS

I wonder what image he's even referring to there.

He was talking about the part where the crowd gathers around Superman after he saves that girl from a burning building. I'll admit, it's one of the better images in the film but... seriously?

On his show today, John Campea took credit for coming up with the nickname Shamhammer.

I still can't process the idea that
David dies by being forcibly drowned from the Doctor's soldiers. That's such a terrible way to go out. I mean they couldn't let the character die on his own terms or by having him sacrifice himself to beat Kevin? Feels like the film ends on a more somber note than Logan.
It doesn't read more somber to me. It reads a lot dumber.

I have one that comes to mind immediately that is close to 30%:

The Matrix Revolutions

36%
Average Rating: 5.3/10
Reviews Counted: 214
Fresh: 76
Rotten: 138

Critics Consensus: A disappointing conclusion to the Matrix trilogy as characters and ideas take a back seat to the special effects.

Yes. I like The Matrix sequels. A lot. Sue me :o
I am a fan of Reloaded, but Revolutions... The sequels always felt like one movie stretch out to a crazy length to make up for the cost of making them.

I am a fan of Reloaded, but Revolutions... The sequels always felt like one movie stretch out to a crazy length to make up for the cost of making them.

I would agree Reloaded is the superior of the 2 films. No argument. But Revolutions also has lots of stuff I love in it.

Thread derailed!

giphy.gif

Well, Unbreakable does at one point center around a train wreck...

I am excited as well.
I still think it will be pretty good.

Watched Unbreakable again last night. Such a good movie.

Given that some reviews have considered this movie polarizing, I'm even more excited to see this. The biggest criticisms I've read seem to focus on the lack of action and changes in setting with most of the film taking place in the asylum, but my response to that is who cares? If this is closer to Unbreakable than Split then that's exactly what I want.

Yeah I wouldn't consider either Unbreakable or Split an "action" movie so the criticism for lack of action isn't really valid. And for a $20M budget, you aren't getting a lot of different locations.

Neither Unbreakable or Split are action movies. I do think the trailers marketed this more as action movie, so maybe there is backlash for that. But I never expected a lot of action. I expect a lot of suspense building and interesting monologues/performances.

You guys think film critics are trashing this movie because it doesn't have enough action? Like film critics put a premium on action or something? The reasons given are that the film is very poorly constructed, has very little in the way of interesting character interaction or progression, has a lot of bad exposition, and has a bad ending.

Everyone should decide for themselves, of course--I disagree with the critics to some degree about a movie like Mortal Engines, for instance. But a lot of people were excited for this film--not because they were hoping for some sort of action-filled M Night spin on a Marvel movie or something, but because they were actually hoping for a conclusion that fulfilled the promise of bringing Unbreakable and Split together--and a lot of those people are coming away disappointed. They're not writing the movie off just to write it off.

Critics seem to complain more often about too much action.

Man.....i really wanted this movie to be good. Loved 6th sense, Unbreakable and even Signs. The reviews are killing my excitement for this movie. Will properly watch it on discount tuesdays or something.

When Shyamalan does action we get **** like The Happening, Last Airbender, etc.

I can never decide which Matrix sequel was the better one. And by that I mean, which one I hated less. Reloaded is HORRIBLY paced, has some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard in a film, and the Architect scene deserved to be parodied 5 million times like it was. On the other hand, it still focused on characters I cared about, had one of the best car chases ever filmed, and the end left me hopeful for the conclusion. Revolutions, in contrast, was paced much better. But it devoted way too much time to characters I couldn't care less about (who were those two A-holes in the Zion city? Mifune and 'the kid'? Why did you devote so much screen time to them?) and the end SUCKED and made me feel like I had wasted my time with the entire series. Neo keeps saving Trinity in each movie only to have her die off anyway, and then after the impressive final battle with Agent Smith, Neo kinda maybe sorta dies? And then, instead of defeating the machines, they come to a stupid compromise where people can "choose" live as batteries for machines because the real world sucks so much. I've never walked out of a theater so POed in my life. And I somehow suffered through seeing all of the Star Wars prequels and most of the Transformers films on the big screen.

I'm glad that the Wachowskis rebounded with the amazing Sense 8. But man, they had a really bad streak going with the Matrix sequels, Speed Racer and Cloud Atlas. I guess you could say they also did better with V for Vendetta, but they're not listed as the directors of that one so I'm not sure if it counts.

Yeah, I remember that but I still didn't give a crap about him.

You guys think film critics are trashing this movie because it doesn't have enough action? Like film critics put a premium on action or something? The reasons given are that the film is very poorly constructed, has very little in the way of interesting character interaction or progression, has a lot of bad exposition, and has a bad ending.

Everyone should decide for themselves, of course--I disagree with the critics to some degree about a movie like Mortal Engines, for instance. But a lot of people were excited for this film--not because they were hoping for some sort of action-filled M Night spin on a Marvel movie or something, but because they were actually hoping for a conclusion that fulfilled the promise of bringing Unbreakable and Split together--and a lot of those people are coming away disappointed. They're not writing the movie off just to write it off.
The best way to go into this movie is with no expectations.
I know that is hard, but it can be done.
Also be careful there are spoiler filled reviews are out there.
I am avoiding them, but they are out here.

I still want to see this but I think I'll go to a matinee. That way if it sucks, well, I only paid $10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"