MacBeth (Fassbender, Cotillard)

I'd check it out. Out of all the Shakespeare I studied in school, Macbeth was always my favorite.

Fassbender being in Macbeth will make me actually want to watch Shakespeare.

I'll watch this one :up:

I played Macbeth in one of my school's theater productions, so I'll definitely check this out.

After his fallout with 'Jane Got a Gun', Portman really wants to work the Fass-Man.

I' am glad that they're finally adapting Shakespeare's work.

Sounds good, but it won't be anywhere near as awesome as Scotland, PA. ;)

That's actually an inspired choice for Macbeth. I did enjoy Polanski's version, even if it is too somber.

Come on, people you're going to destroy us all. You need to call it "The Scottish Film" or we will all be crushed from above!

Hahaha. I've been in a lot of stage plays in my life and I always made it a point to say "MacBeth" as much as possible backstage just to freak out my fellow cast members.

wonder when they will finally adapt romeo and juliet

watch-gnomeo-and-juliet-online_zpsab16c934.jpg

I think the real question we should be asking is, will Fassbender be a better MacBeth than Sam Worthington?

Those are some big shoes to fill.

I know Natalie has got the acting chops to act alongside Fassbender (she rightfully won that Oscar for Black Swan), but I don't know if she can do Shakespeare. Especially filling the shoes of Lady Macbeth.

The Other Boleyn Girl was a silly movie, but Natalie can pull of period-crazy like the best of them. I assume that they will be using the Queen's English as per Shakespearian tradition, rather than attempting Scottish accents.

I know Natalie has got the acting chops to act alongside Fassbender (she rightfully won that Oscar for Black Swan), but I don't know if she can do Shakespeare. Especially filling the shoes of Lady Macbeth.
Agreed. I LOVE the idea of Fassbender as Macbeth, but if Portman actually manages to pull off Lady Macbeth, I'll be far more impressed with her than I've ever been. Because right now, I'm having a really hard time seeing that. Still, definitely looking forward to this.

I can see Fassbender as Macbeth easier than Portman as Lady Macbeth.

The Other Boleyn Girl was a silly movie, but Natalie can pull of period-crazy like the best of them. I assume that they will be using the Queen's English as per Shakespearian tradition, rather than attempting Scottish accents.

If they do, I wonder how weird Fassbender will sound with it. It'd probably remind me of Kelly MacDonald (a Scot) playing an Irish character in Boardwalk Empire.

Now that I think of it, I would love to see Kelly MacDonald play Lady Macbeth alongside Fassbender.

Cotillard is much more suited than Portman for this role as long as she can pull off the accent. Someone like Chastain would've been perfect. Or even Winslet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"