MAD Magazine to shut down after 67 years

Cracked was another one that I had a few issues of but even as a kid I knew that it was a blatant ripoff of MAD. They seem to have done better as a website though.
Even Cracked's website suffered though. They started off well then traded hands a few times and ended up going bankrupt, firing/laying off nearly all of their veteran staff and hired a bunch of new people with little experience and often click bait-y articles that weren't nearly as good as their old stuff.

I gave up on them a few years ago.

MAD has their own site but it was/is an inferior one to Cracked's. I have a few MAD and Cracked magazines in a box somewhere, mostly from the early '00's but a few from the 80's and 90's too. I don't know where they all ended up.

MAD can live on through the internet like some other print companies have done but it won't be the same.

iu

Even Cracked's website suffered though. They started off well then traded hands a few times and ended up going bankrupt, firing/laying off nearly all of their veteran staff and hired a bunch of new people with little experience and often click bait-y articles that weren't nearly as good as their old stuff.
That's a shame. I haven't really been on their site in the past couple of years either but a lot of their articles from within their first five years of launching were hysterical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"