Homecoming Madame Web

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
Referring back to the animated series, Madam Web was one of my favorite and one of the most surreal parts to Spiderman's world. She's been absent so far in all cinematic Spidey stuff, but now that we're getting rebooted again, I'd like to see them include her now.

If it fits a story, I'm fine with it, but I certainly don't see an overwhelming point.

Jessica Lange would be a good choice for the role.

I hate all that different dimensions, different spider-mans, clones, coming back from deaths etc. Unlike comics, there will be only couple of spider-man movies and they'll have only 2 hours time to tell the story.

Marvel should keep all that fancy stuff for Doctor Strange movies...or maybe stories with infinity stones.

I think those part of spiderman world is where good story telling ends and writers has to sell BS to keep going like Brazilian telenovelas.

Definitely don't want her in the new Spider-Man series. I don't think she would even fit into the MCU. It would make Spider-Man way too trippy.

No, absolutely not.
why not?
I hate all that different dimensions, different spider-mans, clones, coming back from deaths etc. Unlike comics, there will be only couple of spider-man movies and they'll have only 2 hours time to tell the story.

Marvel should keep all that fancy stuff for Doctor Strange movies...or maybe stories with infinity stones.

I think those part of spiderman world is where good story telling ends and writers has to sell BS to keep going like Brazilian telenovelas.
didn't madam webb exist in earth 616?
Definitely don't want her in the new Spider-Man series. I don't think she would even fit into the MCU. It would make Spider-Man way too trippy.
if aliens fit in the MCU, I don't see why she wouldn't. And, what's wrong with some trippy elements?

No. I don't want unnecessary people showing up. Maybe a nod to her. Nothing more.

I voted yes but I am kind of in the middle. I think we need a maybe option. It would maybe be kind of cool but considering like 90% of the stuff in asm2 that people thought was cheesy wasn't even close to being cheesy people might think that madame web would be to cheesy.

I had a thought of Madame web being a blind fortune teller on the street who would say cryptic things as he passes, may some allusion to infinity war? But I wouldn't want to take it farther than that, just a little something to add to the atmosphere.

I don't want a supremely powerful deus ex machina type being in the MCU. It'll just come off as lazy storytelling

I had a thought of Madame web being a blind fortune teller on the street who would say cryptic things as he passes, may some allusion to infinity war? But I wouldn't want to take it farther than that, just a little something to add to the atmosphere.

I like that. It would be nice and subtle and then they move on. But it would also keep the potential to return if they felt the need for some reason.

Madame Web changes the nature of Spider-Man. Instead of the street level stories we want to see, it becomes something immediately more cosmic and supernatural. I don't want that particular spin on Marvel's Spider-Man. I think audiences will think it's really jumped the shark and will come to view the Sony versions even more fondly for being more down to earth.

Well, the thing is, Spider-Man is presumably going cosmic very soon after. It goes Spider-Man, Thor: Ragnorok, Avengers: Infinity War pt. 1. A cryptic hint of what's to come doesn't hurt when it'll be presumably followed by a movie with massive hints at whats to come.

I wouldn't want a full blown Madame Web in any upcoming Marvel Spidey movie, but I definitely like your approach :up: it'd be just a subtle nod to her character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"