Madden '08 Week 1 Sales (Via VGChartz)

imdaly

- Part 12
Reaction score
It's from VGChartz.com, so take it for what it's worth, but if this is accurate, we've got some VERY interesting sales data here:

"Madden '08" Sales: Week 1
XBOX 360 - 889,072
PS2 - 546,403
PS3 - 204,025
Wii - 57,247
XBOX - 56,841
PSP - 39,170
---------------
Total - 1,792,758

Market Share:
XBOX 360 - 49.59%
PS2 - 30.48%
PS3 - 11.38%
Wii - 3.19%
XBOX - 3.17%
PSP - 2.18%

Microsoft - 52.76%
Sony - 44.04%
Nintendo - 3.19%
Source

So what do we have here?

- "Madden '08" virtually sold the same amount of copies on the XBOX 360 alone as it did on every other version combined!

- "Madden '08" on the Wii sold an extremely disappointing 3.19% of sales.

- "Madden '08" on the PSP trailed with a very shameful 2.18% of sales.

- Perhaps most interestingly: "Madden '08" ONE THE ORIGINAL XBOX outsold the PSP version, and trailed the Wii version by about 400 copies!

Your thoughts?

Well, it was just trash on the Wii, therefor it had low sales. I picked the game up for the 360 because i enjoyed NCAA 08 for it, man i made a mistake. I mean its not awful, but it aint good.

This also shows why games that were once exclusive to the PS3 are jumping ship.

It also shows just how much money you can make off of a name. A mediocre, at best, game sells that many copies...just f'ing crazy.

this is the best madden in years so thats why it sold so well

so no one bought it for the Gamecube?

Its also out for the DS, but is not on that list. Granted, it probably sold about 12 copies, but still.

Jesus. This is why games are going down the toilet. People keep supporting these large scale carbon copy games.

It should sell well, not like there is competition :rolleyes:

Jesus. This is why games are going down the toilet. People keep supporting these large scale carbon copy games.
I never get teh big deal about Madden either. Its not like theres big fundamental changes beteween each year. Cant they patch it up with roster updates? Oh yeah, gotta make that money. Cant fault EA, bc people will go out and buy this each and every year

I never get teh big deal about Madden either. Its not like theres big fundamental changes beteween each year. Cant they patch it up with roster updates? Oh yeah, gotta make that money. Cant fault EA, bc people will go out and buy this each and every year

i take it you don't like sports, or at least football.

ea will only support their previous year's game until the release of the new one. once the new one is out, no patches are made, and gamers no longer play the previous model.

by your logic, players should put up with outdated rosters and no one to play against?

so by default, yes, gamers will have to buy it every year.

i take it you don't like sports, or at least football.

ea will only support their previous year's game until the release of the new one. once the new one is out, no patches are made, and gamers no longer play the previous model.

by your logic, players should put up with outdated rosters and no one to play against?

so by default, yes, gamers will have to buy it every year.
I like sport games, just not football. As far as outdated rosters, thats why I said, they could patch the game to update the roster. I know that would never happen and EA makes more money each year by selling a new version. I was just making an observation that would be better for the consumer. I didnt say thats what should be done

I'd rather go out and play football than play it on a video game console.:o

Id rather play Sega sports. Didnt EA sign a deal with the NFL?

EA sucks, if 2k had the license they would pwn EA in life.

Yea i know right, because the 2K series always outsold the Madden series:whatever:

All sarcasm aside tho, i really really want 2K to be able to make another NFL game(maybe the NFL wont extend the exclusive contract once its up at the end of 09). I think they would do a better job utilizing the next-gen hardware. This is my opinion but i think 2K made the best sports game ever in MLB 2K7, i love that game. In its 2nd yr on the next gen consoles its BY FAR better than ANY thing EA Sports has put out. With respect to EA tho, i feel NCAA 08 is one of the best football games iv ever played, i mean the gameplay really is smooth, Madden 08 falls short, its decent, but not nearly as good as it should be.

A simple download can get the updated rosters.

Instead, EA just churns out

Archer.jpg

Well, it was just trash on the Wii, therefor it had low sales. I picked the game up for the 360 because i enjoyed NCAA 08 for it, man i made a mistake. I mean its not awful, but it aint good.

That must be why many reviewers praised it as the superior version.:dry:

That must be why many reviewers praised it as the superior version.:dry:

Huh?

To name a few....

Game Pro gave it a 2.5, gave the 360 version a 4.75

Ign gave it an 8.5, gave the 360 version an 8.7

Gamespot gave it an 8.0, gave the 360 an 8.5

USA Today gave it an 8.5 gave the 360 version a 9

Maybe i exaggerated calling the title trash, altho with all the missing features its hard to call it anything else, the game is clearly better on the PS3/360, like pretty much all other 3rd party games that release for all 3 consoles.

People don't buy a PSP or a Wii to play Madden.

Exactly, even though Nintendo has better third party support this generation, people buy Nintendo consoles to primarily play Nintendo games and the occasional major third party game. Hell, the only time a third party game has been in the top 5 sellers list for a Nintendo console was Street Fighter II for the Super Nintendo.

And no Madden game has even passed the 1 million mark on a Nintendo console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"