November 2007 Console/Games Sales

You'd troll something into oblivion the moment I said something positive about a PS3 title though. I did check GRs la la land reaction to Killzone. :o

We also troll every 360 game thread Blas, Mentok or THWIP make. We don't discriminate by console. Just game quality.

imdaly, is The Kingdom HD Exclusive?

Damnit! :( DVD release for me then. I just wish someone would hurry up and win this format war.

You'd troll something into oblivion the moment I said something positive about a PS3 title though. I did check GRs la la land reaction to Killzone. :o

I could help you troll the 360 if it would make things better :o

There was a time PS3 couldn't hit 100,000 a month so I certainly am not disappointed

Um, sales have improved. Were you paying attention at all with the prior months?

PS3 software sales are scaling pretty well at this point. Nice to see PS3 hardware sales have improved and are no longer in the Red Alert Zone. Uncharted not making the top 10 is disappointing but it's probably like number 11-15 or something (+200k one would hope). There's nothing wrong with PS3 sales if they maintain their current level, because third party PS3 versions will be viable, which is the most important aspect of a console being viable. PS3 will probably end up third in NA, it's going to beat the 360 in Europe handedly by the time the generation is over, and will obviously have a decent presence in Japan.

Great first month sales for Galaxy! Mass Effect sold a little less than I thought it would.

Oh and Microsoft lying about outselling the PS3 2 to 1: Confirmed.

DS crushes the PSP, but the PSP has good sales, it will always be the stronger alternative to the DS, not the challenger. Sony definitely is suffering problems selling because of how the PS3 was presented early on, you can only make a first impression once, and it will take them a long time to live that down.

Isn't third last place though? Or did I miss another console coming out? How is that good? Sure Microsoft didn't outsell PS3 2 to 1, but selling an extra 250,000+ is a big number, especially since Sony went to great lengths to boost sales with price cuts and came out with their holiday heavy hitters.

Third is last place, but look at how much the PS2 dominated the Gamecube and Xbox and it wasn't the end of the world. Overall the PS3 WW install base will probably be close to the 360 WW install base at the end of the generation. I mean the PS3 sold close to 200k in Japan for the month of November, than Tally Europe, it's not out of the question to say that the PS3 probably outsold the 360 based on the 3 major territories. PS3 will probably end up third in North America, but have a strong long term showing over the 360 in Europe, and obviously crush it in Japan (while both are getting crushed by the wii in those 2 territories). Granted will its superior performance in Europe and Japan be enough to offset the sales gap in America, or even make reasonable headway for them? Who knows. But I'm betting the the PS3 and 360 WW figures won't be that far apart once all is said and done.

Damnit! :( DVD release for me then. I just wish someone would hurry up and win this format war.

Well look at it this way: It's a combo disc, so you could go ahead and buy it now anyway and enjoy the DVD side until a month or two when you get an HD DVD player. ;) :D

I promise. I have a massive axe to grind after that thing ate my $400 :cmad:

God I hate fanboys. It doesn't matter what the numbers say, idiot Sony fanboy will always spin it somehow, and idiot Microsoft fanboy will either instigate or try to or try to make Microsoft numbers sound better than they are. Buy the console you like, play the games you like and stop this idiotic nonsense that only makes gamers look like losers.

CANADIAN GAME HARDWARE SALES, NOVEMBER 2007
Nintendo DS -- 120,000
Nintendo Wii -- 82,000
Xbox 360 -- 59,000
PlayStation 3 -- 51,000
PlayStation Portable -- 33,000
PlayStation 2 -- 30,000

TOP 10 GAME SOFTWARE TITLES, NOVEMBER 2007
1) Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - Nintendo - 94,000
2) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock W/Guitar (PS2) - Activision - 82,000
3) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (X360) - Activision - 78,000
4) Assassin's Creed (X360) - Ubisoft - 60,000
5) Wii Play W/Remote (Wii) - Nintendo - 51,000
6) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock W/ Wireless Guitar (X360) - Activision - 32,000
7) Mass Effect (X360) - Microsoft - 30,000
8) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3) - Activision - 30,000
9) Assassin's Creed (PS3) - Ubisoft - 26,000
10) Halo 3 (X360) - Microsoft - 26,000

flag_canadian_maple_leaf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"