• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Maguire or Garfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Maguire fan, and I was impressed with Garfield in TASM2. He was excellent. I hope they can keep him around for a bit longer.

Actually I messed up

Peter Parker is a troubled guy, but he is also a very sweet guy at heart. He isn't angsty lol.

Elvis impersonator? :lmao:

I don't even get how but ok

Actually I messed up

Peter Parker is a troubled guy, but he is also a very sweet guy at heart. He isn't angsty lol.

Of course he does - Peter is always worrying about everything, Aunt May's health, money, etc, and he's overloaded with guilt about Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy, Gwen and everything else.

scan0011.jpg

Last edited:
Best Spidey: Andrew Garfield

Best Peter Parker: Tobey Maguire

I often hate it when fans make that kind of distinction, but they're both such night and day differences. In TASM2 Garfield nails the Spidey persona and all the humor and "blue collar" type crime fighting that entails (I was less keen on it in TASM1). But while neither is the perfect Peter, Maguire gets the dignity and sacrifice of the character much better.

Garfield, imo.

His Peter reminds me of me.

In fact, Peter's character all around (comics and movies) reminds me of me...

Anyway, I love Garfield's Peter and Spidey.

But Maguire will always be kept in a special part of my heart for nostalgia reasons.

I havnt seen the amazing spider man 2 yet has i am in america but form the first one i say garfield he was just made for this rule and probly my second favorite super hero actor ever behide only RDJ but i still like maguire but i like garfiled more.

Garfield for his acting and overall charm that he brings to Spider-Man.

A point that I've wanted to make for a while is that Maguire never convinced me that it was him or his Peter in the Spider-Man suit. Yes, we all know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man and that is something we just accept but thinking back to the Raimi trilogy, Peter & Spider-Man felt like two different people.
You can argue that that makes it harder for people to work out Spidey's actual identity but even TAS, a cartoon, had me believe that that was Peter in the suit.
I'm not sure why this has to be a big deal, for me anyway, but Peter & Spider-Man have to feel connected in this way. Maybe it was the fact that Spider-Man was kinda mute during the times he had on screen in the Raimi trilogy; I liked in TASM2 how Peter was more confident and "loose", as himself and Spider-Man, which made me believe that it was Peter embodying Spider-Man.

Garfield, overall, seems a lot more passionate about Spider-Man too from interviews I've seen; he seems to really enjoy playing the character and really get that so many people care about Spider-Man which is why he wants to do the character justice.
I get that Maguire gave us a more respectful and responsible Peter, which seems to have sit more comfortably with people from the Raimi trilogy than the more confident performance from Garfield in TASM1 & 2, but Garfield could give us that side to Peter, as well as what he's already brought, if the writers could just get that aspect right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"