World Update! Maguire or Garfield?

Of course he wins those polls. He's the hot, new thing.

I remember when everyone thought Roger Moore was the best Bond ever. And when everyone thought Timothy Dalton was the best Bond ever. And when everyone thought Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond ever. And now everyone thinks Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever.

Remember this in two years when Ben Affleck wins every Best Batman poll.

The only guy who never gets affected by this is Christopher Reeve.

Things are starting to change because:

1) The novelty is starting to gradually wear off. Garfield isn't as new and shiny as he was two years ago.

2) TASM2 wasn't as well received as TASM1 was.

As someone who didn't like TASM1 either, I definitely notice more people agreeing with my position now than I did two years ago.

:up: Very well said, Kahran.

2) TASM2 wasn't as well received as TASM1 was.

As someone who didn't like TASM1 either, I definitely notice more people agreeing with my position now than I did two years ago.

I can't stand fair weather fans anyway.

Good riddance to them I say.

Maguire - I feel like out of the two, he's more relatable, his portrayal has more heart and he just feels more heroic to me.

The other one, is only better in physical appearance.

Last edited:
Of course he wins those polls. He's the hot, new thing.

I remember when everyone thought Roger Moore was the best Bond ever. And when everyone thought Timothy Dalton was the best Bond ever. And when everyone thought Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond ever. And now everyone thinks Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever.

Remember this in two years when Ben Affleck wins every Best Batman poll.

The only guy who never gets affected by this is Christopher Reeve.

Good points. I said the same. He is just the flavour of the month.

"CROTCH!"

"You've been a baaaaad lizard"

Yeah, I don't think so.

Agreed. I also hated his whole silly delivery of the "Yo yo it's the boys in blue" monologue when the Police showed up. It was cringey.

Good points. I said the same. He is just the flavour of the month.

Agreed. I also hated his whole silly delivery of the "Yo yo it's the boys in blue" monologue when the Police showed up. It was cringey.

That entire sequence was cringe-worthy. Not sure why it's often cited as an example of Spidey's sharp wit.

Spider-Man: Garfield hands down. Tobey's Spidey doesn't even come close.

Peter Parker: They're too different to compare, for me. It's a tie.

Garfield for both.

That's not to say I don't like tobey though.

Better than Maguire's near deadpan delivery.

"That's a cute outfit, did your husband make it for you?"

"Let Mom and Dad talk for a minute, will ya?"

"Here's your change!"

You're still wrong.

That entire sequence was cringe-worthy. Not sure why it's often cited as an example of Spidey's sharp wit.

Indeed. The first two quips were funny

"If you're going to steal a car, you shouldn't dress up like a car thief."

"You seriously think I'm a cop? Cop in a skin-tight red and blue suit?" (Although this line was funnier in Batman Begins)

But everything after that sucks. Even the "small knives" joke that was funny in the trailers but was terrible in the movie.

Speaking for myself and only for myself I prefer Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He feels more natural and alive in the role, and his chemistry with Emma Stone shines and sparkles in ways that Tobey Maguire and Kirstin Dunst never did. Nothing personal against Tobey but I always thought he was kind of bland in the role, though how much of that was him and how much of that was the writing is debatable.

I liked Andrew Garfield better, I just think he did a better job with the role.

Tobey Maguire. One of my favourite comic book performances.

Garfield is a very worthy successor.

Nothing beats Maguire.

spideytobey2_zps3e76e0cd.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"