Major Paradox

Well, when Future Hiro went back in time, he altered the past in such a way that the present-day Hiro (and everyone else) is now going down an alternate timeline. All relativistic physics aside, it's not an unheard of idea in Sci-Fi.

How about this paradox (or plot hole):

In the timeline of Future Hiro, they said Sylar survived the blast because he had Claire's power. But Claire was alive with her brain intact, indicating that he did not have her power at all.

So either Sylar was nowhere near that blast, or he had someone else's healing ability. Either way, that means Future Hiro's warning to Peter, telling him to save Claire, might not really be the answer to the problem.

I agree with this because looking at everything. Its seems that saving Claire is not the answer and that maybe they should have killed Ted.

Has it ever been established that Future Hiro's plan was to stop New York from blowing up? Perhaps he was, I dunno, trying to stop the totalitarian government from taking over?

Has it ever been established that Future Hiro's plan was to stop New York from blowing up? Perhaps he was, I dunno, trying to stop the totalitarian government from taking over?

Those objectives are essentially one in the same. As for his motive, It was mentioned, that Peter believes Hiro's trying to stop the explosion to save Ando.

It's definitely the explosion he's trying to stop.

Wrong. The bomb only creates the opportunity... Nathan (or Sylar as Nathan) has to follow through with it. Claire being alive prevents that in several different ways. Future Hiro's main concern is not the bomb... it's quite possible that the bomb CANNOT be stopped... the very fact that it's in Isaac's paintings suggests that it can't be stopped anyway.

Hiro would like to save Ando, I'm sure... but I don't think Hiro would risk a time rift for it.

Hiro went back in time to stop Sylar from getting Claire's powers, to stop him from being the bomb. Of course Hiro didn't know that this would alter time and have Peter then be the bomb. The whole point of Hiro's going back in time was to try and stop the events of the future from happening, thus trying to prevent the foretold future. Future Hiro's 'main concern' is stopping Sylar, whom he had no idea was the president of said government. So it was obviously the series of events, centering around Sylar being the bomb, that he was trying to stop.

How about this paradox (or plot hole):

In the timeline of Future Hiro, they said Sylar survived the blast because he had Claire's power. But Claire was alive with her brain intact, indicating that he did not have her power at all.

So either Sylar was nowhere near that blast, or he had someone else's healing ability. Either way, that means Future Hiro's warning to Peter, telling him to save Claire, might not really be the answer to the problem.

Not sure...maybe all Future Hiro really needed was Peter to come into contact with Claire so her healing power would save him once he explodes.

In the String Theory webcomic, FutureHiro says, "After five years of manipulating time, I began to understand it. Time was not a line or a fabric, but the product of lives interweaved."

Hiro went back in time to stop Sylar from getting Claire's powers, to stop him from being the bomb.

This is one of those obvious assumptions that we have NO evidence of whatsover, other than that it's a natural assumption. We know that Future Hiro wanted to save Claire to change everything. He knows how lives interact, so he knows how Claire's life interacts (the strings) not only with Sylar, but with Nathan as well.

Also, when was it established that Claire's power was needed to survive the bomb... is that just an internet assumption that we've made popular?

I think one of the reasons Heroes is so good is because it preys on the assumptions people make... it's misleading, but it never 'lies' per se. I find that interesting.

This is one of those obvious assumptions that we have NO evidence of whatsover, other than that it's a natural assumption. We know that Future Hiro wanted to save Claire to change everything. He knows how lives interact, so he knows how Claire's life interacts (the strings) not only with Sylar, but with Nathan as well.

Also, when was it established that Claire's power was needed to survive the bomb... is that just an internet assumption that we've made popular?

I think one of the reasons Heroes is so good is because it preys on the assumptions people make... it's misleading, but it never 'lies' per se. I find that interesting.
read the webcomic String Theory. that should answer your questions here. basically, FutureHiro says that he stabbed Sylar, (who was the bomb), but Sylar was able to regenerate because he had killed Claire. that's why he goes back in time to tell Peter to save the cheerleader.

Future Hiro should have came and killed Ted so none of this would happen.

Pretty much. The bomb has to go off. The only thing that is actually different than future hiro's time was sylar regenerating. Meaning he didn't kill claire. Basically the bomb has to go off. Theres no changing time in heroes

It would be rather amusing if at the last minute Peter teleported away. Just his will to not hurt so many people caused the power to kick in, and he ended up exploding in the middle of the Nevada desert. The season then ending ambiguous as to his survival of the blast and where he went(since the other characters wouldn't know where he disappeared to).

Pretty much. The bomb has to go off. The only thing that is actually different than future hiro's time was sylar regenerating. Meaning he didn't kill claire. Basically the bomb has to go off. Theres no changing time in heroes

i think ur exactly right! like the destruction of new york is inevitable. by going back in time, future hiro actually did change the future, but everything happened anyway; just in a different way. that's the one thing he can't prevent. all of isaac's paintings came true in some sense, so the bomb has to go off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"