• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Make America Great Again!": The TRUMP Thread!!! - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always best to remember that Poe's Law is in effect whenever people talk about Trump.

That guy just needs to ****. He's letting the world know he has such thin skin and can be provoked so easily. Seriously, Trump voters, you thought this guy was the best option? Wtf.

Conservatives are mad when a beloved actress calls Trump out on mocking disabled people? Color me shocked.

Things that are overrated:

Hamilton Musical
Meryl Streep
The New York Times
Humility

Although I did laugh when Streep said, without foreigners, all we'd be watching is NFL and MMA.

I won't be watching any of the award shows this year, simply because I have a really hard time listening to people that think we should listen to them because of who they are.

I will probably agree with the vast majority of them, but the hyperbole is just annoying... ;)

You Meryl Streep supporters are supporting anarchy and decay. #Trump4Life

Meryl Streep gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation in the early 2000s at an award ceremony, let's not give her the role of supreme moral arbiter just yet just because she's rightly criticizing Trump.

The trendy Hollywood left are likely just critiquing Trump because it makes their sycophantic fans happy rather than much else.

I don't really care what Meryl Streep said. I just think Trump as usual is showing how thin skinned he is. He's less than 2 weeks away from the most powerful office in the world and he chooses this to respond to. Granted he's probably doing it to distract from all the other bad stuff he's doing, so shame on the media as well for falling for it.

I won't be watching any of the award shows this year, simply because I have a really hard time listening to people that think we should listen to them because of who they are.

I will probably agree with the vast majority of them, but the hyperbole is just annoying... ;)

You're right, the hyperbole in Streep's speech was quite annoying. I agree with a lot of what she said out of principle though, but not in regard to Trump exclusively.

I particularly laughed when she said "We need principled press to hold power to account" :lmao: I'm pretty sure principled press has been dead since before I was born, and then she had some line about "safeguarding the truth" - like the press has been in that business recently either.

People were going crazy about celebrities talking about politics, and some as far as political movies period, going all the way back to Chaplin's days.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………
ADDING:

Trump strikes me as someone who would become best friends with Hoover (who was also a monster).

Last edited:
That we need principled press.

Listening to her speech I heard "We need the principled press…etc" - like it already existed? I may have heard wrong, but that's how I took it, I'll listen again. If she said "We need a principled press…" then what I said is obviously voided.

I agreed with her till the football crack. I like football as well as artsy fartsy film thank you very much.

I agreed with her till the football crack. I like football as well as artsy fartsy film thank you very much.

I didn't get that or the MMA mention, foreigners are involved in everything entertainment wise...

I think she meant foreigners bring a lot of entertainment, art, and different cultures to this country. Football is an American invention.

I think she meant foreigners bring a lot of entertainment, art, and different cultures to this country. Football is an American invention.

Ah, that would make sense then.

To be fair, I think for at least some of them, it's more about the platform that they know they have rather than "who they are" that motivates that kind of stuff.

As I said in the Golden Globes thread, normally I've tended to not care for too much politics at these awards shows (I remember being so annoyed with Michael Moore's "fictitious president" comment at the tim), but honestly with Trump I think it's different. The funny thing is even if Streep made no mention at all of Trump in her speech, it would still be crystal clear what her intent was and she'd still be getting torn apart for it by the right. So basically we're in a place now where a basic message of tolerance is going to constitute anti-Trump speech in the minds of people on both sides. Which is all the more reason it should be done at this point, IMO. Also, I've learned to take some sick delight in watching him resume his default crybaby position time after time again every time he catches a whiff of criticism.

Can't wait for the "very overrated and out of touch, very sad" Oscars 2017. :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"