• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

"Make America Great Again!": The TRUMP Thread!!! - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Streep did was criticize Trump for mocking a handicapped man and advocate freedom of the press, so I don't really see an issue with what she said, except it was arguably not the appropriate time and place to bring it up.

I am saying nothing of the sort, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

I love escapist fiction and I spend hours on fun distractions, but I know they are not the most important thing in the world. I know when to be serious and when to be silly.

When you have who take silly stuff like it's deadly serious, you have problem. Look at Gamer Gate, people thought ethics in video game journalism was a cause for major concern. People treat celeb activism as a bigger problem then it actually is. They think it is a real problem rather then silly non sense. You as say the fact that Suicide Squad sucks is a major problem in the world. People are not good at telling the difference between fun distractions and important stuff.

:huh:

I love how Trump tries to defend himself against the mocking of a disabled man. Everyone heard and saw what he said. There's no defending that kind of behaviour. But, in typical Trump fashion, instead of just trying to defend himself, he had to add in that Streep is "overrated."

How easily people forgot about that instance as well. Trump supporters shouldn't sleep well at night.

What's there to be confused about? I am talking about when to take things seriously and when to enjoy a fun distraction.

You are complaining about liberal celebs when the US just elected an reality TV show star as President, which is the bigger problem?

I think a bigger problem then liberal celebs is US news organizations becoming infotainment groups rather then purely news organizations, that is a far more dangerous fusion of news and entertainment then anything at the Golden Globes.

Last edited:
Trump Just Dismissed the People in Charge of Maintaining Our Nuclear Arsenal

http://gizmodo.com/trump-just-dismissed-the-people-in-charge-of-maintainin-1790908093

What in the actual f*** is going with Trump? I wouldn't be surprised if the moment after he is sworn in he announces the disolvement of the USA and a new nation-state coop with Russia. This man is insane.

:facepalm:

Ya know...

This is an environmental disaster waiting to happen. Look at Japan during the big Tsunami a few years back. Just water leaking into the plant caused major problems that will leave their mark for a long time. Trump's plan? Build more nukes, then leave the group in charge of over seeing that they're properly contained, and safe in shambles, and leaderless. We're talking one accident leaving the land uninhabitable for hundreds to thousands of years.

Inbetween this, and Rick Perry in charge of the EPA...the environment may just end up taking a few for the team. This is past economic concerns. We already have plenty of Republicans who believe nothing we do to the Earth matters past a few smog issues. I'm also sure a few of Trump's business associates would like fewer regulations.

See, this kind of stuff is what flies under the radar, but is the most worrisome stuff.

Last edited:
That, and the way they've already been sending memos around to government agencies wanting lists of names of who's most involved in climate change research and environmental regulations.

"People who are actually qualified to work for the agency they're employed by?? Get those elitists outta here!"

with a reality TV star going into the white house... why are people flipping tables over a successful movie actress calmly stating her opinion?

No joke, lol. The first thought that came out after hearing Trump was running was, "A reality TV show star? We're running a reality TV show star in a race for the most powerful office in the land". I may not always like celebrities in politics, but it's so hilariously lopsided. Trump? Sure he can talk politics, hell, make him President. Meanwhile Dixiechicks, and Sean Penn are still pariah's in the US for bashing Bush.

I think it may just be a conservative thing though. Reagan, Trump, Schwarzenegger, all conservative celebrities given political offices. A celebrity speaks out against a conservative, or conservative ideal though, and they're a dirty liberal, and their careers tend to go down the toilet after. Note, not a bash on conservatives, I tend to like ideas from both camps.

streep talks about that f ckwad for making fun of a challenged individual and folks still coming to trumps defense? got damn y'all need to get your heads checked. embarrassing.

Where is anyone here defending Trump…?

"People who are actually qualified to work for the agency they're employed by?? Get those elitists outta here!"

Hell, pretty sure Rick Perry said he even forgot their was an EPA at one point.

"You want me to run the what? What's that? We have one of those? Sure, what tha hell, I'll be the guy in charge of it".

The 'Great' America or the dreams of a Trump fan:

Segregation will return and millions of immigrants will be deported; affirmative action programs will be repealed. There will be Muslim registry and concentration camps. Like Russia it will become a crime to show same sex intimacy out in public and to even acknowledge that LGBT people exist. Every news channel will be run by Fox News providing what Fox News wants us to know and think since it's absolutely accurate. We will become besties with Russia while starting a war with cruel China. Any politician we don't like, like Killary, will be jailed and sentenced to solitary confinement. All schools will be forced to teach the bible rather than science, the big bang never happened. Abortions will be illegal, the only way to get them will be through illegal inefficient black market means - which will be considered a crime. We will continue to pump dangerous fuels into the atmosphere and destroying forests since climate change is a liberal scam. Any dissenter will be done away with, they are our enemies, this is the law of the land.

/\ Terrifying thing is, for many of them this is probably more true than being satire.

Last edited:
The 'Great' America or the dreams of a Trump fan:

Segregation will return and millions of immigrants will be deported; affirmative action programs will be repealed. There will be Muslim registry and concentration camps. Like Russia it will become a crime to show same sex intimacy out in public and to even acknowledge that LGBT people exist. Every news channel will be run by Fox News providing what Fox News wants us to know and think since it's absolutely accurate. We will become besties with Russia while starting a war with cruel China. Any politician we don't like, like Killary, will be jailed and sentenced to solitary confinement. All schools will be forced to teach the bible rather than science, the big bang never happened. Abortions will be illegal, the only way to get them will be through illegal inefficient black market means - which will be considered a crime. We will continue to pump dangerous fuels into the atmosphere and destroying forests since climate change is a liberal scam. Any dissenter will be done away with, they are our enemies, this is the law of the land.

/\ Terrifying thing is, for many of them this is probably more true than being satire.

I think that is a dream of some, but no way near a general thought process.

I think it is a combination of those things for some, but not an all inclusive package that you have up there....for instance, I have family members that are Pro-Choice, they are fine with same sex marriage, they simply want the immigration laws already on the books to be followed, less regulations on business and industry, and a government that is more efficient and audited.... For the majority of my friends and family, what I just described above is what they want....they flat out DID NOT LIKE HILLARY CLINTON, plain and simple, they wanted a change. Holy ****, what a change, but that is what they wanted. :csad:

So if we can put aside whatever nonsense Kyle is rambling about today and try to have a bit of a high minded political discussion, that would be awesome.

I dunno about you guys, but I am getting very concerned with Trump's cabinet picks. James Mattis, Michael Flynn, and John Kelly are all fine men and worthy of cabinet consideration and congressional waiver to serve in a civilian leadership post individually. I do not feel good about three generals, all of whom have been out of the military for three years or less, serving in every major cabinet position related to defense (SecDef, National Security Advisor, and Homeland Security respectively). It undercuts the notion of a civilian run military. We are not North Korea or a banana republic dictatorship. Our government should not be run by a conglomerate of generals, political extremists who are ideologically in step with said generals (Bannon, Pence, and Sessions), and their puppet leader. Yet as I hear more and more as to who has the most influential voices in the new administration, that is the vibe I am starting to get from Trump's cabinet and it is terrifying.

Well, Hillary and Trump were our only choices. More of the same or an extreme dangerous unstable racist man . I dont care how much they hate Hillary (I dont like her much.) they should have sucked it up, and voted for more of the same for the next four years. Then in four years if someone that isnt a lunatic came forward promoting sensible change they could have voted for them instead of more of the same.

His son in law is now his senior advisor. Have you ever?

It boggles my mind that people are only now getting worried about Trump...

I actually have no problem with the son-in-law serving as senior advisor. Presidential staff serves at the pleasure of the President. There are no constitutional restrictions and I think, in terms of White House Executive Staff, the nepotism laws do not apply.

All Streep did was criticize Trump for mocking a handicapped man and advocate freedom of the press, so I don't really see an issue with what she said, except it was arguably not the appropriate time and place to bring it up.

I couldn't think of a more appropriate time/place

its Meryl f'ng Streep

I actually have no problem with the son-in-law serving as senior advisor. Presidential staff serves at the pleasure of the President. There are no constitutional restrictions and I think, in terms of White House Executive Staff, the nepotism laws do not apply.

So you're fine with Trump appointing his family over people who are potentially more qualified to do the role?

(I'm speaking in general rather than in the specific case of the SiL as I've no clue who the dude is or what he does apart from being Ivanka's husband)

Well, Hillary and Trump were our only choices. More of the same or an extreme dangerous unstable racist man . I dont care how much they hate Hillary (I dont like her much.) they should have sucked it up, and voted for more of the same for the next four years. Then in four years if someone that isnt a lunatic came forward promoting sensible change they could have voted for them instead of more of the same.

I would have been happy if they just didn't vote. They are Republicans, they aren't going to vote for a Democrat.

So you're fine with Trump appointing his family over people who are potentially more qualified to do the role?

(I'm speaking in general rather than in the specific case of the SiL as I've no clue who the dude is or what he does apart from being Ivanka's husband)

Yes, in an advisory role, absolutely. Clinton would've brought in staffers who are less qualified than some professional, long time DC staffers. Every president does. They bring in a few advisors whom the POTUS can unequivocally trust, who has the relationship to tell them tough truths they don't want to hear (where others may not be able to speak so candidly to POTUS) etc. The reason Trump doesn't have political staffer said like that, a Podesta, if you will, is because he is not a politician. So he is tapping his son in law who has been a trusted business advisor for him to serve in that role. But every president does it, has that person they trust above all else and appoint over better potential appointees.

Fair point... but the fact that Trump is hiring family will haunt him...

So if we can put aside whatever nonsense Kyle is rambling about today and try to have a bit of a high minded political discussion, that would be awesome.

I dunno about you guys, but I am getting very concerned with Trump's cabinet picks. James Mattis, Michael Flynn, and John Kelly are all fine men and worthy of cabinet consideration and congressional waiver to serve in a civilian leadership post individually. I do not feel good about three generals, all of whom have been out of the military for three years or less, serving in every major cabinet position related to defense (SecDef, National Security Advisor, and Homeland Security respectively). It undercuts the notion of a civilian run military. We are not North Korea or a banana republic dictatorship. Our government should not be run by a conglomerate of generals, political extremists who are ideologically in step with said generals (Bannon, Pence, and Sessions), and their puppet leader. Yet as I hear more and more as to who has the most influential voices in the new administration, that is the vibe I am starting to get from Trump's cabinet and it is terrifying.

At least Mattis is fighting the transition team on just loading up on donors in the military picks.

Though firing all the ambassadors and not even allowing them the traditional grace period to allow kids to finish school is just being an *******. Perfect Trump.

You do understand SATIRE right? But I highly doubt it. :sly:

See. It's meant to be absurd and even states, for those with reading comprehension, that it's meant to be seen as such. As for "many" note not "all" or even "most". 5% if that (hopefully lol - since phrasing is meant to be absurdist).

Let's ignore that lapse of error in posting on Matt's part (an egotistical narcissist - like always, kinda like the Unpresidented in that manner) before reading though and move on... :sly:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back