Man has heart attack at Heart Attack Grill

Immortalfire

The Vectorman
Staff member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...tack-while-eating-heart-attack-185717972.html

Millions of Americans watch what they eat. But one Las Vegas man has painfully discovered that where you eat can have a big impact on your health as well. In a story almost too bizarre to be true, a man suffered a heart attack after eating a "triple bypass burger" at the Heart Attack Grill in downtown Las Vegas, local affiliate Fox5 reports.

As comically tragic as that may sound, no one can sue the restaurant for not issuing fair warning. Its website proudly proclaims the menu offers, "Taste Worth Dying For!" (Fortunately, the man in question survived his attack.)

Still, it was the first actual known cardiac incident at the Heart Attack Grill. "He was having the sweats and shaking," "Nurse" Bridgett, who was working at the restaurant at the time of the incident, told Fox5. (Employees at the restaurant are given fake medical titles, including the establishment's owner, "Doctor" Jon Basso.)

"I actually felt horrible for the gentleman because the tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt. Even with our own morbid sense of humor, we would never pull a stunt like that," Bosso told Fox5. "He was sweating, suffering. Anyone with an ounce of compassion would've felt for him."

Basso said the man's name is being kept private but that he is recovering from the heart attack.

Of course, you can't blame patrons for being caught up in the overwhelming sense of irony. Not only is the restaurant named the Heart Attack Grill, but its sign tells prospective diners that anyone "over 350 pounds eats free." There's even a tongue-in-cheek warning sign at the restaurant's door stating that the offered dining fare is a health risk.

Some of the menu items available for diners at the Heart Attack Grill include: The butterfat milkshake, non-filtered cigarettes, "flatliner" fries and four different burgers, each rated on an ascending scale of one bypass to the quadruple bypass burger.
I feel sick just reading this. :csad:

Hope the man feels better.

haha that's a publicity nightmare for the place. Thank goodness for all parties involved he didn't die! Although I would have taken a certain sick satisfaction in watching the media backlash that would have taken place against the restaurant.

I've always wanted to eat there, they have hot nurse waitresses. :o

haha that's a publicity nightmare for the place. Thank goodness for all parties involved he didn't die! Although I would have taken a certain sick satisfaction in watching the media backlash that would have taken place against the restaurant.

Are you kidding me? You can't buy publicity like that. That restaurant should milk this for all it's worth.

At least you can't blame the restaurant for false advertisement!

I repeat, every day news stories that sound like they should be gags on the Simpsons are coming true.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

At least they're absurd claims have some credibility now.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

At least they're absurd claims have some credibility now.
Honestly I was thinking the same thing. You'd think the kind of people that are attracted to these type of gimmick meals would be in bad shape to begin with.

Why....why would anyone want that? It's literally a heart attack in a bun! o_O

If only the same effect would occur when I shop at BJs...

The funny part is it's only been open here in Vegas for a short time. I haven't had a chance to eat there yet. Now it's going to be friggin' packed in there everyday. :wall:

Why....why would anyone want that? It's literally a heart attack in a bun! o_O

Actually, that's not possible.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

i use to pass by the joint all the time downtown( I live in vegas) you have to sign a release that you know you are about to do something stupid and if you weigh over 350 the meal is free. Anyplace where" there are "Flatline" fries i am staying outta of.. and headed to the strip clubinstead( Which now that i think about it might be just as dangerous as the "heart attack grill!":cwink:)and trust me those chicks aint all that in person! Hahahaha

The human body is not meant to be 350 pounds, EVER. That is why life expectancy goes down the more human size deviates from the norm.

Honestly it does not matter if it is muscle or fat or just because you are over 6’10", once you cross a certain line over the normal human size the human heart has to do a ton more work to push blood through the massive body.

This is why most 7ft humans don’t end up making it to retirement home age. The heart just had to do too much work for so long. If Shaq did not wake up tomorrow everyone would be really sad, but no cardiologist would be surprised.

When a 300 pound bodybuilder like Art Atwood died, nobody was freaking out because he was all muscle. They were sad, but no shock there.

So when a 350 pound morbidly obese man has a heart attack, what gets me is all the people who act like it is just this giant surprise. "Ohhh he was in suuuuuch good health despite his size" lets not be silly, if that were true he would not have had a heart attack. File this under "Duh".

Well, if somebody is obviously walking that line between life and death, we're supposed to feel grief as an unwritten rule even if they've been on the verge for like years.

The first time I'd heard of this place, I knew I wanted to eat there exactly once just to say I did. I imagine finishing an entire meal would be a challenge, though.

Well, if somebody is obviously walking that line between life and death, we're supposed to feel grief as an unwritten rule even if they've been on the verge for like years.

The recent deaths of two pop stars with drug habits come to mind.

Come on, how can you not read this and not chuckle a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"