• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Man Of Steel vs Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Can't believe this is even close. Sometimes I feel like I am watching completely different movies from practically everybody else.

MOS IMO completely missed the boat and the point. Batman comics were my gateway drug into Superman and I liked him because he was the exact opposite of Bruce. Because of this, I loved the reluctant friendship between them. I really can't understand the direction they went with Clark in MOS. don't get me started on the absolute destruction of the character of Pa Kent. When people talk about getting characters wrong in CBMs, Pa Kent never comes up but should.

AOU was an absolute blast of a ride which stayed true to most of the characters. I am having fun with these Avengers films (Even though I was never really into Avengers comics that much. I read certain story lines but never followed them like I did Batman, the X Men, and even Superman) and fun is why I go see CBMs.

LOL. Glad I'm not the only one stunned by this.

These are both movies that are easy to pick apart, so it basically boils down to personal preference.

Wow I can't even believe this poll is this close. The Avengers rendered true to life in living color vs. the character assassination of Superman. I would think the winner would be obvious.

I know. I am starting to lose faith in humanity. Either that or we are being Punk'd.

giphy.gif

Oo, it's starting.

Age of Ultron. Totally.

Man of steel for sure. It hit all the right notes for me.

I had low expectations for AOU given its mixed reception, but I honestly loved it. Very enjoyable.

Man of Steel. It is far more realistic and has far more emotional drama moments than Age of Ultron. The gravity of the situation was more terrifying than it was in Age of Ultron.

Having said that, I absolutely loved Age of Ultron and had very few problems with it unlike the general population. I actually liked it more than the first Avengers.

Funny how when people say they prefer Man of Steel the Marvel fans come out in force either to jeer or claim they are being punk'd. Classy.

I much prefer Man of Steel over Avengers: Age of Ultron. That being said, why is this versus thread in the Marvel Films forum? Shouldn't it be in the next one down?

Laugh all you want. I thought MOS' message about the value and dignity of humanity had more heart. Whereas AOU was a loud, poorly paced film about the Avengers cleaning up behind a mess that Tony Stark created.

I liked AOU, it was entertaining, but among Marvel films it was actually quite sub-par.

I agree with you, ThePhantasm. Man of Steel clearly had a lot more heart (i.e. internal conflict, confusion, beautiful mom/son dynamic) than Age of Ultron.

Remember the scene where Clark comes back to his family house after the fight in smallville. He stands at the door loudly calling out his mom like a little boy? No matter how powerful he is, he is still his mom's little boy. Beautiful scene.

If people don't agree, they probably forgot those scenes in the movie.

Last edited:
Avengers vs MOS would be a closer match i think... I voted for MOS

I am actually surprised to see MOS beating AoU.

C'mon guys, we need a bigger sample population. ;) Cuz I assumed AoU was going to win it even though I like MoS better.

Let's keep knocking it down. Man of Steel is the clear victor for me.

Marvel hasn't won a poll in awhile.

This thread should be in the misc comics films forum.

Of course the poll is close, superhero hype has a higher concentration of DC fans than elsewhere. Look at how active the BvS forum is, probably fifty users as i write this.

It is disgusting people feel the need to take jabs or undermine people for their opinion on a film you don't share.

Now on to my opinion. Both movies have their flaws, and positive, but I ultimately went with MOS, as it had consistent plot point, Superman growing and understanding his purpose. AOU to me felt like a jumbled mess with some good character banters, but a jumbled plot and pacing. Both suffer from one thing the other delivers, but ultimately I feel MOs wins for it's more streamline plot, and focused perspective. The soundtrack and final battle was also better.

Funny how when people say they prefer Man of Steel the Marvel fans come out in force either to jeer or claim they are being punk'd. Classy.

Marvel fan, really? I believe I mentioned that both Batman and Superman are two of my top 3 favorites, last I looked they are published by DC. However, it is because I love those properties that I will not blindly call a poorly done representation of one of these characters gold. I believe I deserve better, that is all. DC and WB decided to go in a direction I don't agree with and when I call it out, that does not make me a Marvel fan. My favorite parts of MOS are when he IS alone with Ma Kent and talking with the priest. Those are the moments that we actually got to see Clark. IMO the rest of the film destroyed any good will those scenes created for me. Trust me, I wanted to love the film and have fun with it, that didn't happen and it's a shame for me. I just don't truly understand why so many people do love it. ( and I hope it is not just blind love).

I strongly feel that AOU is a much better movie. I think it is obvious and that is why I used the Punk'd reference. Maybe everyone who is voting for MOS are big Avengers fans that feel betrayed by the studio. Somehow I doubt that but I have been wrong before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"