Man suing company over his boss playing April Fools "You're fired" joke

\S/JcDc\S/

Superhero
Reaction score
-Washington Post

PH2005032604401.gif

By Jim Hoagland

"In a day of multiple pranks and scheming co-workers, one man has had enough. Michael Sanderson of Charter Communications says April Fools is one thing at home or with friends but it doesn't belong in the work place. Early in the morning at about 7:45 am of this very day Michael was on his computer doing some work and he was told to pick up a line on his phone from his boss. Well, he answers the call and due to being busy on his project, forgets the date on the calender. His boss says to him "I'm sorry but we've been evaluating your work over this past year and it's clear we are on a different page. I have no choice but to let you go."

His boss had the intention of calling him back in 5 minutes after letting him sweat it out and screaming the ole' "APRIL FOOLS!" but unfortunately Michael did not consider it a prank. He bit it hook, line, and sinker. An emotional outburst took place in front of all his co-workers, he had tears coming down his face, and he packed up and walked out.

When he got home he noticed a message on his answering machine. It was his boss informing him that it was all a prank. A little too late for Michael as he felt that he lost out on a day of work, received unjust stress in the workplace, and overall publicly humilated himself.

His next step was a very serious one in the face of a normally comedic day of the year, contacting his lawyer. He hopes to not only receive compensation for what happened, but also hopes new rules in the work place are put into motion that prohibit future April Fools jokes.

I guess some people can't take a joke. Or maybe, some people should know when it is the right time to make one."

What a *****.

Everyone knows that April 1st is April Fools Day. Every damn calendar has it listed as such.

Fight the MAN!! :cmad: :up:

What a crybaby, LITERALLY!

Hahahah, that's freakin' pathetic. At least if he sucked it up it would have been contained, but now that he's seeking money out of it his humiliation going global doesn't really matter.

Unless the report itself is an April Fools thing. Then cool.

Sounds like something a disgruntled internet message board poster would do. :o

Wait, what if JcDc made this up because it's April Fools...
...I stayed in my house today to NOT get made fun of
smily77vz3.gif

Holy God.
Can I keep my April 1 avatar?!!

i bet this man has never touched a woman in his life...

The boss was out of line. It would have made a big difference if he had immediately said 'april fools' just a few seconds after the prank, but letting him 'sweat it out' was a huge mistake.

Thank goodness it was only an emotional outburst, what if we were talking about someone who had violent tendencies, or decided to screw the company netwrk up with a virus, the repurcussions could have been so much worse then just some shouting.

That was a reckless thing to do by the boss, getting fired on the spur like that is what makes people go postal.

We find the court in favour of the Defendant.

APRIL FOOLS!!!

HA HA HA... Had at least a few victims on my April Fools story :up:

:D

Bathrat, Dorky, Terry, Master Chief, Zanos, Mee, Addendum, Agent Muños, Dark Carnage, etc..

Consider yourselves April Fool'ed

MWAH HA HA

Now don't sue me :(

;)

Yeah, knew this one was a fake. He was working in an office environment on a Sunday, had this April Fool's joke played on him, overreacted, got a lawyer engaged for a lawsuit and had the story out to the press in time for Sunday morning publication all in the same day? Not likely. I was at least nice enough to not come in here and point out the inconsistencies until AFTER you let people know it was a joke, though. :up:

jag

Sounds like something a disgruntled internet message board poster would do. :o

LOL Agreed. Although in today's world people are lawsuit-happy. But if this story were true I'd say this guy needs to man up and stop acting like a poo-say. :down

Honey Vibe said:
Holy God.
Can I keep my April 1 avatar?!!

You sure can babygirl. :hyper:

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
HA HA HA... Had at least a few victims on my April Fools story

MWAH HA HA

Now don't sue me

And you're gonna get an everlasting Hoffatar. :cmad:

HA HA HA... Had at least a few victims on my April Fools story :up:

:D

Bathrat, Dorky, Terry, Master Chief, Zanos, Mee, Addendum, Agent Muños, Dark Carnage, etc..

MWAH HA HA

Now don't sue me :(

;)
Oh wow. You really got me. I mean, damn. It's not like there aren't *****es like that in the world :dry:

that was kinda f'ed up by his boss though

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"