Rebels Mandalorians in Rebels

What I wanna know is who recruited Rau to teach clone pilots for the Clone Army. It could have been Jango for all we know. Other Concord Dawn natives were brought in to teach the clones. And going by what Sabine said, CD might have been under Mando control for a while. Who knows.

I look forward to see more Rau in the future.

Concord Dawn is under Mando control.

Alright, and here's the new "Stormandos" from the trailer:
2potpcn.png
[/IMG]

Nice McQuarrie nod with the helmets on the white Mando's.

Great catch Hunter. His proto-Boba I believe.

I'm excited to see more Mandalorians, I just hope they're handled better than super gymnast Sabine (I know they've toned her down, but I will never get over her jumping off storm trooper helmets and doing back flips onto ships)

From the Season 3 thread:
Mandalorian Showdown - Imperial Supercommandos Preview | Star Wars Rebels:

[YT]RfzZJ_GZXhQ[/YT]
It seems the leader of the Supercommandos may be Gar Saxon from Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir.
latest

Which makes me think Sabine is the daughter of Rook Kast from that same comic.

Didn't Filoni say Sabine's mom was in the room when Vizsla died? Bo-Katan was there and I believe Starbuck said she'd be voicing the character again this season on Rebels. I still think it is Bo-Katan just for the fact that they are building up the character as a bit heroic, Sabine clearly distest Maul, and Bo-Katan is definitely a fan favorite that people wanted more off.

Yes, he did say that, but apparently Kast was there as well. Also, Pablo Hidalgo mentioned on Twitter that Rook Kast was one of the inspirations for Sabine's design.

Sabine_and_Rook_Kast.png

I won't rule out Bo Katan, but I'm leaning more on the notion it's Kast.

I do feel like the look matches up better with Kast. She looks like she could be her daughter. But they do love their Clone Wars connections, and Bo-Katan was on the actual show.

So when did Sabine realize it was Saxon? At first she said she didn't know him but as soon as he said I know you, she suddenly knew who he was too? Did I miss something?

Why did they pick this episode to wait an extra week. :dry:

So when did Sabine realize it was Saxon? At first she said she didn't know him but as soon as he said I know you, she suddenly knew who he was too? Did I miss something?

Saxon seems likely to be the highest ranking member of the Supercommandos, so Sabine probably recognized him on sight, and the "I don't know you" line was more of a warning that he shouldn't try to be familiar to her at all. It would make sense, especially if her mom is Kast and she does consider Saxon a traitor.

The interesting thing is that it seems that the Imperial Supercommandos are a direct continuation of Maul's Supercommandos and the original Death Watch, which is rather astounding when you consider that from what we know fo the Siege of Mandalore, Maul's Supercommandos were still fighting the Republic/nascent Empire even as Order 66 was given. So somehow, Saxon and his men managed to go from the target for the Republic to Palpatine's will on Mandalore under Imeprial Occupation.

No wonder Rau's Protectors immediately took even a hint of Death Watch affiliation as a sign of Sbaine being a traitor; Saxon and his boys will have twice conquered Mandalore through subterfuge and underhanded tactics while serving under different masters, making them the opposite of the Protectors, who seem to have been exiled by the New Mandalorians, and obeyed it while under one leader.

Yes, he did say that, but apparently Kast was there as well. Also, Pablo Hidalgo mentioned on Twitter that Rook Kast was one of the inspirations for Sabine's design.

Sabine_and_Rook_Kast.png

I won't rule out Bo Katan, but I'm leaning more on the notion it's Kast.

Ive always thought it'd be Bo Katan and if it is anybody else, then what's the point of bringing back Katee Sackhoff? I just don't see the trouble in bringing her back if it has nothing to do Sabine directly.

While it'd be "cool" to just say she had random Mandalorian parents, I think it'll give her more character to see how different she was/is from Pre Vizsla and Bo Katan. I guess we'll find out in one week.

Ive always thought it'd be Bo Katan and if it is anybody else, then what's the point of bringing back Katee Sackhoff? I just don't see the trouble in bringing her back if it has nothing to do Sabine directly.

While it'd be "cool" to just say she had random Mandalorian parents, I think it'll give her more character to see how different she was/is from Pre Vizsla and Bo Katan. I guess we'll find out in one week.

Well you could easily bring Bo Katan back and not have her be Sabine's mother. And it's worth noting that Rook Kast isn't some random Mando, she and Gar Saxon (from the clip) were both loyal to Darth Maul over Pre Vizsla, even after Darth Sidious basically destroyed Maul's army. They were his main henchmen during the Son of Dathomir comic.

In contrast, Bo Katan was against Maul from the beginning and when he killed Vizsla she chose to turn against Death Watch rather than accept it. They could easily bring in Bo Katan and have the drama be about these two remnants of Death Watch in conflict, with Sabine caught in the middle.

I'm not saying you're wrong but what exactly would the drama be that Sabine's caught in the middle of? Saxon looks like he's willingly with the empire, so wouldn't that mean Rook would be as well?

If Rook is with Saxon, then yes, they're both on the side of the Empire which would mean that Sabine would have to fight against her mother with Bo Katan. The drama is that she'd be in conflict with her mother, and that she's a protagonist who is the daughter of a Mandolorian villain.

If Rook is with Saxon, then yes, they're both on the side of the Empire which would mean that Sabine would have to fight against her mother with Bo Katan. The drama is that she'd be in conflict with her mother, and that she's a protagonist who is the daughter of a Mandolorian villain.

Ok, gotcha. In that clip, Sabine said her mom was with the Empire against her will which would mean we'd have to get an exposition as to who Rook is, was, and why she suddenly would have a change of heart. That's the only reason I don't see them going that route but this wouldn't be the first time I'd be wrong,lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"