Rebels Mandalorians in Rebels

Ok, gotcha. In that clip, Sabine said her mom was with the Empire against her will which would mean we'd have to get an exposition as to who Rook is, was, and why she suddenly would have a change of heart. That's the only reason I don't see them going that route but this wouldn't be the first time I'd be wrong,lol

Eh, I don't think you'd have to explain that much about Rook Kast. Just briefly make it clear that she had doubts about the empire and Saxon is strong-arming her to stay on his side. Her function in the show is far more defined by being Sabine's mom than by her history with Maul, just like how Saxon is going to be defined by being an Imperial Supercommando (and according to another clip, Imperial Viceroy of Mandalore).

The show seems to be doing a decent job of establishing that traditional Mandos don't like the Empire any more than the New Mandalorians would have. Fenn Rau may have been effectively blackmailed into joining the Rebellion, but he and his men clearly love their autonomy and traditions. His men honored Sabine's request for a challenge with Rau, even though she's an enemy combatant found sneaking around their base, at least in part because she challenged their allegiance to Mandalore over the Empire. And Rau meets a Jedi, easily still one of the most high priority targets for the Empire, but Rau respects his attempts at diplomacy and clearly considers his argument for joining the Rebellion. Add in Sabine's own fallout with the Empire, and its easy to see her mother having instilled enough old-school pride into her that the idea of being a collaborator bucking Mando traditions while also being a murderer like Saxon is would be unbearable.

Well, this is an episode that could've really benefited from being a 2-parter or something. What did we really get from the episode anyway? That Fenn Rau is going to help the Rebels exclusively now?

6 episodes into the season that's supposed to explore Sabine's past and judging from the leaked titles of the next few episodes, we're gonna have to wait some time before they continue with her story.

I think they're saving the bulk of Sabine's backstory for when we get to Mandalore proper and have a supporting cast bursting to the seams with established and un-established Mandalorians: we'll have Rau, Saxon, most likely Bo-Katan (she's been confirmed for the back half of this season), probably Rook Kast, and probably a hug number of background Mandalorians. And in a story where much of the focus will be pulled away from the usual cast, they'll want something to keep us tied to the familiar ensemble. Thus, we'll finally get an in-depth exploration of Sabine, her mother (probably Kast), her time at the Imperial Academy, and what made her join the Rebellion.

yeah, it doesn't seem like Rebels has those 3/4-part arcs that TCW had but a Sabine arc like that would definitely be welcomed.

Looks like your wish will be granted moving forward.

From Darth_Voider at Jedi Council Forums-

Trials of the Darksaber:
To help recruit her people to join the rebels, Sabine reluctantly agrees to learn to wield an ancient Mandalorian weapon but finds the challenge more difficult than expected.

Judging from the new trailer, this Sabine episode looks like it'll be very entertaining and it's what I'm most excited about.

It also looks like Sabine's mother has to be Rook Kast; she carries a helmet with the same wing-horns, and we know Sabine's mom was ex-Supercommando from Maul's Shadow Collective.

And I'm betting the reason her soldiers are wearing Imperial colors but using Mandalorian armor is because they're allied to Viceroy Saxon (presumably her old war partner) but not comfortable with actually yielding their autonomy (thus explaining why Sabine broke ranks and why her mother working for Saxon raises an objection on Sabine's part.)

Very excited for this week's episode. Looks like the first mention of an official Mandalorian Jedi.

A Mando Jedi comes off pretty fanficiton to me...but there had to be some Mandos that were force sensitive over the years. I just didn't' seem them being jedi....

Also Sabine's mom :D

Rebels does get a bit fan fiction-y at times but that's part of the fun. Let's be honest. Maul was never this cool in the Phantom Menace.

Fenn Rau's new armor, which does look an awful lot like an armored version of Satine's bodyguards from TCW.
sg3cja.jpg

I like the change but like I told my friend, why does every show need "indiglo" lighting on every design?lol

I think we're going to get a BIG Mando presence in Season 4

I am a huge mandalorian fan since Boba Fett's existence in ESB. I always wondered about the origins of the warrior race. I remember around the Prequel announcement that the Mandalorians were going to have a big role in the Clone Wars where they would be the enemy the Republic's military army of Clones would fight against along with the Jedi. Instead, it was just Jango Fett who supplied his dna to be copied as a genetic template to create an army based on him and his strength capabilities. The only thing I didn't like all that much was the insertion of Boba...I think he shouldn't have been a clone version of Jango rather than an actual son he fathered with some female mandalorian.

Anyway, I really enjoy the insertion of the Mandalorians in Rebels. I am also a big fan of the Old Republic era. Even more so since playing SWTOR. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"