Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend is FAKE FAKE FAKE!

There were Ray Lewis comparisons? What?!

"The Peyton Manning of LBs."

Dafuq??? ESPN knows how to hype up a favorite. Wow. And now they're making an excuse for Manti's performance at the National Championship.

:facepalm:

When they say she 'did not exist,' that doesn't mean there wasn't really a person he was in contact with, but that who he knew her as was not real. I just find it interesting how cynical our society is that we immediately jump down his throat for being in on the hoax, when there have definitely been celebrity hunters in the past. I still say innocent until proven guilty (although the odds are still leaning towards him being in on it). Especially with another NFL player coming forward as having met this lady under that name. I wouldn't be surprised if she was just using Teo because it made her feel powerful, got sick of it, so 'killed herself off.' Either way, one of the most bizarre stories i've heard in awhile.

dHjJe.png

Kissing Suzy Kolber did a write-up of a fictional meeting between Manti and Jeff Ireland. I highly recommend it. :lmao:

Serious question: Is Mario Lopez too old to play Manti in the TV movie?

That Usual Suspects one is brilliant :funny:

This is one of the weirdest, most convoluted things I've ever read.

I can't bring myself to believe he wasn't in on it. He'd have to be like the most incredibly gullible, naive person on the face of the Earth.

And yea, I definitely felt like the article was kind of passive aggressively insinuating the secret homosexual relationship angle.

The dad seemingly being in on it makes it look even more suspicious. Like he was protecting his son from the "scandal".

Last edited:
They were saying on the radio this morning that Troy Polamalu was somehow implicated in this whole thing. Anyone know anything about that?

How many football players does it take to make up a fake girlfriend?

Manti and that Cardinals fullback.

Somebody should call Nev already. He'll get to the bottom of this!

Last edited:
I kind of felt there was an undercurrent in the deadspin story that Te'o and Ronaiah Tuiasosopo may have been in a relationship. That Tuiasosopo was in fact Kekua. That's reading between lines, but no one's sure how these two guys know each other, Tuiasosopo was the mastermind behind creating Lennay Kekua, and Te'o was plugging his music on Twitter and they definitely did spend some nights together in California.

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is the son of a preacher, so he too has reason to cover up his relationship with Te'o.

Again, that's speculation on my part, that's the way I read the story, but we'll probably know soon enough when more genuine reporting comes out. But I have one question if Manti Te'o is homosexual:

How does that hurt his draft status? To my knowledge, there's never been an active, openly gay player on the NFL. Plus, executives have an excuse to let him plummet because of the hoax.

And about Notre Dame, they are disgraceful. But this still isn't nearly as bad as Prince Shembo.
I think this is the most sensible thing I've read/heard about this entire situation. I know its just speculation, but it makes way more sense than anything that is being publicly stated by Manti or Norte Dame.

I initially thought this "relationship" was brief but meaningful, but with reports of Manti and his family saying things like she came to visits and talking on the phone, and now backtracking and saying it was only an online thing, is just pure garbage. I love Stephen A's rant about how there had to have been some kind of physical interaction in the three years that she is claimed to have existed, and I think even he was close to making the same speculation that Manti was not trying to gain something, but rather hide something.

Manti Te'o is on a never-ending quest to save his girlfriend.

Certainly seems like this was a ploy for sympathy, but also a cover up of his homosexuality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"