Marijuana may stave off Alzheimer's

jaguarr said:
Moonshine is still considered illegal in MANY states, I believe, and it's hardly easy to make.

jag

well, good weed is hardly easy to grow too.

PLAS said:
really? how?

It blocks histamine pain receptors. Or you could just offer some to the dude with the gun at your head and he'll probably change his mind.

Parker said:
It blocks histamine pain receptors. Or you could just offer some to the dude with the gun at your head and he'll probably change his mind.
blocking pain is not dodging bullets, Avi

how many times I've ended the dreaded gun pointed to my head scenario with a joint?

enough times

PLAS said:
well, if legalized, you'd have tobacco companies jumping on the bandwagon and selling Marlboro Greens, Acapulco Golden Camels, Winston Afghani, Moore Baker's Delight, etc

besides, there would be companies selling homegrowing products, which would make a bundle

and besides, anyone with a stove and the right ingridients can make a hamburger at home, still a lot of people go to Burger King

All I'm saying is that because of the ease with which people COULD grow their own, the government will probably never legalize it because they wouldn't be able to tax and control that. They'd only be able to tax and control it in a commercial sense, but they're way too paranoid that too many people would just grow their own and fly under the radar outside of their control and ability to tax.

DarthRekal (WTF is a REKAL said:
how do they enforce the moonshine law????:huh:

If they find a still they destroy it and prosecute. It's not something they put as much time and energy into as they used to but it's not as prominent as it used to be. The trouble with marijuana, from the government's perspective, is that they probably think nearly everyone who wanted it would just grow it themselves if it were legalized, and they'd be cut out of the control and money loop, which is what is really the prime motivator for the government to legalize it at all. If they had to heavily enforce the regulatory laws around legal pot, it could turn into a rather expensive nightmare for them. I'm not saying the approach is right, I'm just viewing it from the point of the bureaucrats.

sinewave said:
well, good weed is hardly easy to grow too.

True, but how many people would settle for bad or mediocre weed if they could just plant some seeds, water it every now and again and harvest?

jag

jaguarr said:
All I'm saying is that because of the ease with which people COULD grow their own, the government will probably never legalize it because they wouldn't be able to tax and control that. They'd only be able to tax and control it in a commercial sense, but they're way too paranoid that too many people would just grow their own and fly under the radar outside of their control and ability to tax.

If they find a still they destroy it and prosecute. It's not something they put as much time and energy into as they used to but it's not as prominent as it used to be. The trouble with marijuana, from the government's perspective, is that they probably think nearly everyone who wanted it would just grow it themselves if it were legalized, and they'd be cut out of the control and money loop, which is what is really the prime motivator for the government to legalize it at all. If they had to heavily enforce the regulatory laws around legal pot, it could turn into a rather expensive nightmare for them. I'm not saying the approach is right, I'm just viewing it from the point of the bureaucrats.

True, but how many people would settle for bad or mediocre weed if they could just plant some seeds, water it every now and again and harvest?

jag
but much more people would find it easier to buy an already cleaned, rolled and packaged packet of joints

I loathe rolling, so I know I would

also, they could sell you the bags just like they sell tea bags

PLAS said:
but much more people would find it easier to buy an already cleaned, rolled and packaged packet of joints

I loathe rolling, so I know I would

also, they could sell you the bags just like they sell tea bags

I don't disagree. I'm just citing why I think the government will never go for it; they're way too paranoid that they won't exact total control and taxation due to homegrowers.

jag

jaguarr said:
I don't disagree. I'm just citing why I think the government will never go for it; they're way too paranoid that they won't exact total control and taxation due to homegrowers.

jag
by making it legal it can be easily taxed, and the taxes could be used for medicinal marihuana research

and most homegrowers would find it as a positive thing, I know I would

PLAS said:
by making it legal it can be easily taxed, and the taxes could be used for medicinal marihuana research

and most homegrowers would find it as a positive thing, I know I would

I don't disagree. But the government doesn't see it that way and never has, and that's why it will never be legalized. That's all I'm saying. I'm actually in favor of legalization, personally. I think we waste TONS of money on the "War On Drugs" every year with no real good reason, the lion's share being spent on illegal pot. Hard drugs like coke and heroin deserve that kind of attention, but pot's much more benign than alcohol in every way I can think of. The government could probably subsidize their "war" on harder drugs from the taxation proceeds garnered through legalized marijuana sales, actually.

jag

Yeah cause you make any type of money with out a government hand in your pocket

Antonello Blueberry said:
Do you know that Wild Turkey is probably more harmful than Ganja?
Oh, I'm fully aware. I don't drink alcohol at all, period, much to the dismay of my guys. I've smoked weed a couple times over the years, but not hardcore.

newmexneon said:
Marijuana can actually help prevent people from getting cancer, because THC kills old or aging cells that could become cancerous.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12943013/
it also accelerates your metabolism, making your digestion go faster, thus allowing for a faster elimination of saturated fat in your organism

LOL!! I love that when a new marijuana thread is established, all the resident Hype pot-heads suddenly become expert medical consultants :D

DV8 said:
LOL!! I love that when a new marijuana thread is established, all the resident Hype pot-heads suddenly become expert medical consultants :D
Same thing is done when liquor related threads are invoked. Suddenly everyone is an expert.

So I should smoke pot before working out?

Boom said:
if you want to

what I do sometimes is take a hit before I'm going to take a long walk, for example, walking from my apartment to my mom's house, which is a 50 minute walk, by the time I get here, the effects have worn off and you enjoy the walk much more

DV8 said:
They Call Me Dr Pot

Boom said:

Having your equilibrium FUBAR while doing heavy weight-training is highly ill-advised.

jag

Boom said:

Depends on your tolerance. If smoking makes you loopy and giggly like a stereotypical stoner, then no, probably not a good idea. I always smoke a little before working out. It helps me relax (it's usually right after work) and makes the workout go a little faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"