Marijuana may stave off Alzheimer's

Well you being a pothead definitely explains your politics.

Lurk said:
Depends on your tolerance. If smoking makes you loopy and giggly like a stereotypical stoner, then no, probably not a good idea. I always smoke a little before working out. It helps me relax (it's usually right after work) and makes the workout go a little faster.

Do you do heavy weight training? IMHO, anyone doing heavy weight training of all things needs to have ALL of their faculties about them and being relaxed and not having full control of your muscle twitch functions present serious risk for injury. You couldn't pay me enough to load up the squat bar and do some serious ass-to-grass squats with a buzz on. Any kind of exercise probably falls in that category in all honesty, but if you're just getting on a stair stepper for 30 minutes then you could probably get away with it. Seems very counterproductive to be smoking pot and then working out, at any rate. Especially if you're trying to build muscle, which I know Boom is, where micronutrients (what you ingest) and timing (when you ingest it) are crucial.

jag

yeah . . . when I smoked squares I wasn't able to get high and workout (cuz I'd always smoke a cig afterwards) . . . . but now that pot is the only thing I really smoke, I'm much more likely to take a couple tokes and enjoy my workout routine . . . . I don't by any means get baked out of my gore, but just a little sets me str8 . . . .

btw, I didn't know that pot increased your metabolism, but I knew that cigs did . . . . that's really helpful to know . . .

yesterday while I was working.. I met some girl named Kelly... she bought a 20 bag and shared it with me in the back of the bar.... i really needed it.

yay me.

jaguarr said:
Do you do heavy weight training? blah blah blah

jag

I know zilch about any real exercise-training-whatever-routine. My workouts are very casual. They're only intended to keep me generally fit and to avoid the easily-developed habit of not working out at all.

Legalization NOW!!!

marihuana.jpg

Lurk said:
I know zilch about any real exercise-training-whatever-routine. My workouts are very casual.

Thanks for your candid answer, Link. :)

jag

No problem, I'm not trying to pretend to be anything I'm not. Except Link, of course.

My only point was that tolerance varies A LOT. I'd need to smoke quite a large amount to have my equilibirum affected. It's intersting how many non-smokers (not directed at you, jag) assume that you automatically become a blithering idiot who can't walk or think straight by taking a hit. I have better focus (during poker for instance) and better hand-eye coordination (driving range) when I'm a little high. Most people don't even realize when I am high.

I have a feeling that marijuana could cure cancer and AIDS and it would STILL remain illegal.

Lurk said:
Depends on your tolerance. If smoking makes you loopy and giggly like a stereotypical stoner, then no, probably not a good idea. I always smoke a little before working out. It helps me relax (it's usually right after work) and makes the workout go a little faster.

yeah, i smoke a little before i jump on my eliptical machine. between that and having the tv on, it makes working out way more enjoyable.

Lurk said:
No problem, I'm not trying to pretend to be anything I'm not. Except Link, of course.

My only point was that tolerance varies A LOT. I'd need to smoke quite a large amount to have my equilibirum affected. It's intersting how many non-smokers (not directed at you, jag) assume that you automatically become a blithering idiot who can't walk or think straight by taking a hit. I have better focus (during poker for instance) and better hand-eye coordination (driving range) when I'm a little high. Most people don't even realize when I am high.

I understand the difference in tolerances. I was in college once, you know. ;) However, serious exercise while inebriated to ANY extent has to be one of the dumber things anyone could do. A short stint on the elliptical is one thing, but serious, physically demanding exercise demands full use of your mental and physical faculties and concentration.

jag

my boy jonny and I went to our friend John's apartment for a smoke... his weed was soo good that I felt like I was floating to the movie theater afterwards.

cass said:
Well you being a pothead definitely explains your politics.

i assume this was directed at me.

so, what's your excuse for your hillarious view on politics, troll?

It's funny, I grew up in a hippie town and never smoked, though everyone I knew did. I went to college away from home and didn't smoke nearly till I graduated. I never really started to enjoy it till I was a "responsible adult." Go figure.

If I had Alzheimer's I would take LSD on a weekly basis.

blind_fury said:
If I had Alzheimer's I would take LSD on a weekly basis.

Only if someone was there to remind you to take it.

If Superman could get high, where would be the first place he'd fly to? And would he still save people or just laugh hysterically at them?

DV8 said:
yeah . . . when I smoked squares I wasn't able to get high and workout (cuz I'd always smoke a cig afterwards) . . . . but now that pot is the only thing I really smoke, I'm much more likely to take a couple tokes and enjoy my workout routine . . . . I don't by any means get baked out of my gore, but just a little sets me str8 . . . .

btw, I didn't know that pot increased your metabolism, but I knew that cigs did . . . . that's really helpful to know . . .
and without all the stuff they cram into regular cigs

sinewave said:
yeah that's what i thought, too. this part cracked me up: "Those afflicted with Alzheimer's suffer from memory loss, impaired decision-making, and diminished language and movement skills." those are the same side effects that pot causes.

Except, with pot, it's only temporary. And as long as you don't smoke so much as to completely frie your brain, the chemicals do stimulate your brain cells to the point where, when coming down from the high, you actually have a somewhat sharper mind.

There needs to be ALOT more information on this. One study does not the truth make. Knowing all the psychoactive chemicals in pot, it would have to be carefully regulated as a controlled substance even if this is validated over time.
One way or the other, it's still not a reason to legalize it for recreational use. Find a hobby other than drugs, boys & girls. I got 3 letters for ya:

S X E.

49erVenom said:
There needs to be ALOT more information on this. One study does not the truth make. Knowing all the psychoactive chemicals in pot, it would have to be carefully regulated as a controlled substance even if this is validated over time.
One way or the other, it's still not a reason to legalize it for recreational use. Find a hobby other than drugs, boys & girls. I got 3 letters for ya:

S X E.

S X E

on weed is da best :woot:.

49erVenom said:

S X E.

I just looooove straight edgers, I really do

PLAS said:
I just looooove straight edgers, I really do

Throwin' some love right back at ya.

One way to be: poison free. Boo-Ya!

The Question said:
Except, with pot, it's only temporary. And as long as you don't smoke so much as to completely frie your brain, the chemicals do stimulate your brain cells to the point where, when coming down from the high, you actually have a somewhat sharper mind.

that's what i meant, short term side effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"