Mark Millar now snubbing Marvel Disney...?

YoungPrime

Civilian
Reaction score
http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?/topic/102222-best-comics-and-movies-of-2012/

Avengers was a very fun popcorn movie with a lot of good jokes, but in terms of actual scale and depth I think Dark Knight rises to the top for Summer 2012 for me.
Hearing Avengers being referred to as a "popcorn movie" coming from this guy sounds sort of demeaning. Micheal Bay's Transformer films are glorified popcorn flick but most of Whedon's work deserves a little more credit. And for the record, I'm quite certain that Escargot wont be served in most theaters during Kickass 2.

Every one's entitled to their opinion but in this case it just doesn't sound genuine.
Chronicle was a good film for what it was but better than both DK and Avengers? Sure that assessment doesn't have anything to do with a certain reboot that's about to be re-ruined?

Looking forward to: In 2013? Kick-Ass 2. There can be only one. Also buzzed about Superman and - the big surprise, I think - The Wolverine. The script is amazing and Mangold is such a brilliant director. Seen the first 10 mins and it looks like David Lean doing a superhero movie. This the one that's going to surprise people. This and First Class were Year Zero for the Fox Marvel movies as far as I'm concerned.
Wow one minute you're begging Marvel/Disney on the behalf of your employer for their Marvel prisoners to be part of the shared Marvel/Disney Universe and then next your slighting Marvel all together?

I can name 10 movies in 2013 that most people are more excited about than The Wolverine. Kick Ass 2 is one of them so I wonder where Millars loyalty would lie if FOX changed Wolverine's date to June 28th?

Basically Millar sounds like his opinion is influenced by obligation. On his Twitter account he mainly speaks of his own creations and in an earlier interview Millar compared Wolverine to Ironman and Mickey Mouse. Now he dares not speak Marvel characters name?

2013 will indeed be a very interesting year. So I'll definitely be eating popcorn while Millar continues to flip flop and misinform his followers and FOX fans alike.

What do you think?

Mark Millar talking out of his ass, that's surprising.

my opinion is that it's his opinion and i dont see it as a snub for him to call it a popcorn movie.

Mark Millar calling anything a "popcorn flick" in a disparaging manner is funny as all hell.

Avengers is a popcorn flick so he's not wrong. I still liked it more than TDKR, though.

Avengers is a popcorn flick. I am not sure why people consider that an insult. Even Whedon said he isn't trying to make a great movie, but at a great time at the movies. He succeeded, but let's not pretend it was revolutionary beyond being the first team-up movie.

As for the rest of it? He is now a studio spokesman. Of course, he will have to be loyal to his brand, but the idea of that studio competing with Feige's empire? That just seems silly.

Yeah, I also have no problems to it being referred as a popcorn movie. especially being I ate popcorn ALL THREE TIMES I SAW IT in theaters. And thats the point isn't it. Believe me, Fox would trade to a popcorn movie everyday, all day. Then maybe they would stop hemorrhaging lost BO money every time they release a Marvel movie. Look we all know he's farting from his mouth. Thats what he's paid to do

The term always felt really condescending to me.

I watched The Avengers for the 10th time today. I've seen TDKR once. Pass the popcorn.

Yeah, I also have no problems to it being referred as a popcorn movie. especially being I ate popcorn ALL THREE TIMES I SAW IT in theaters. And thats the point isn't it. Believe me, Fox would trade to a popcorn movie everyday, all day. Then maybe they would stop hemorrhaging lost BO money every time they release a Marvel movie. Look we all know he's farting from his mouth. Thats what he's paid to do

LOL then it settled: Mark Millar = Used car salesmen.

I like popcorn, and so does Millar judging from his comments, so I don't see whats the big deal. It's like something is trying to be made in this thread that just isn't there. Keep trying, though.

Someone stating their opinion on a film while using a term that isn't particularly inaccurate? THAT MOTHER****ER'S TRYING TO START A FLAME WAR!!!

:whatever:

I'm as easily annoyed by Millar as everyone else, but you're really looking for a conflict where I don't think there is one.

Yeah, I don't get why people feel insulted that Mark called The Avengers a popcorn flick. Then again, I could care less of the term. He basically is saying he likes TDKR a bit more than Avengers. TDKR obviously being the end of the trilogy, I could see why he would feel that way.

Strange, maybe I am remembering wrong but I thought Mark Millar didn't really care about Nolan's Bat movies and thought they were overrated?

He says TDKR is his favorite. That he realizes it's flawled, but admires how huge the scope is.

Great Millar, now put your money where your mouth is and try making a Marvel flick that has a little bit more depth than your average popcorn flick. Your new employer seems to have had a bit of trouble doing that...

Great Millar, now put your money where your mouth is and try making a Marvel flick that has a little bit more depth than your average popcorn flick. Your new employer seems to have had a bit of trouble doing that...
Not at all recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"