Mark Millar bashes Amazon and Starbucks but FOX is Okay?

YoungPrime

Civilian
Reaction score
For the last few months Mark Millar has been rambling about encouraging people not to support Amazon or Starbucks due to the company not having to pay taxes in the UK.

He goes on the spout about them being unethical and how the "Evil corporations" bleed money out of the United Kingdom.

Unethical...
Really.....?

Really Mark????

This from the guy who sold out to the company (FOX) who ripped Marvel off during their time of need...? The company who smelled blood in the water and took advantage? Now he want's to talk about ethics????!

Ask mark how a 90/10 box office revenues split between FOX and Marvel equates to "ethical"? No then it's just business as usual right?

(Que turning the blind eye)

Sorry Mark but unlike FOX here, Amazon and Starbucks actually offer quality products I look for. Otherwise Amazon would have to hire you to lie for them any copy what Ebay is doing.

I'm not from the UK but I do have enough sense to know that if they do get smacked with back taxes they'll either go out of business, shut a lot of locations down or raise their prices to compensate.

And since it's clear that Mark doesn't utilize either company (It wouldn't surprise me if he hated coffee) who's going to suffer?

So is this the guy you want marketing FOX/Marvel films.

Please tell me why at this point?

Last edited:
Did Mark Millar run over your dog or something?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, is that right? Most people have jobs, and most of those jobs are with companies, and all companies exist to make money and this often results in unfair business practices. What Mr. Millar points out is better filed under 'Obvious' rather than 'Hypocritical'.

Last edited:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, is that right? Most people have jobs, and most of those jobs are with companies, and all companies exist to make money and this often results in unfair business practices. What Mr. Millar points out is better filed under 'Obvious' rather than 'Hypocritical'.

LMAO!! I know who he's talking to but at this point, continuing to point out that Mark Millar is full of, hmmm, Crap is commensurate to beating a dead horse.

The thought of Fox having the license to screw Marvel without the common courtesy of a reach around can make one lose their marbles at times to that horror.

I suggest a spa day for you Prime.. LOL!!!

This from the guy who sold out to the company (FOX) who ripped Marvel off during their time of need...? The company who smelled blood in the water and took advantage? Now he want's to talk about ethics????!

Ask mark how a 90/10 box office revenues split between FOX and Marvel equates to "ethical"? No then it's just business as usual right?

Marvel may have made some bad deals back in the day, but who exactly is the victim here? Marvel may have been "ripped off" back in the 90s, but these bad deals lead directly to the surge in big budget studio super-hero films. And the previous entanglements with Fox, Universal and Sony were built into the bargain price Disney paid for the company.

Personally, I have no problem with Fox maintaining the rights to the X-Men. They took an enormous risk by launching the franchise and have hit for a pretty decent average by putting out two very good films (X-Men, XMFC), one great one (X-2), and two disappointing but somewhat entertaining messes (X-3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine). And their upcoming films look very good. Continuity is a mess, but I can't be annoyed by timeline issues when films based on true stories often make even greater changes from the source material.

I would love to see the FF reboot take place at Marvel Studios, but that is as much on Disney as it is on Fox. At the time of Marvel's sale to Disney, Fox appeared to put out "feelers" that the FF rights could be in play, and Disney has the resources to at least make a co-financing arrangement happen. The FF would fit wonderfully in the cinematic world Feige and company has created, and I would be very disappointed in both studios if a deal isn't made.

I can understand some of your frustration over the rights issues, but save at least some of your anger for Disney.

Anyone who takes a paycheck from Rupert effing Murdoch should shut his mouth when it comes to corporate ethics. Millar is from the UK so he knows damn well that his employer has been involved in one of the worst scandals of recent times that has outraged the vast majority of Britons. Murdoch's newspapers hacked the phones of a number of people, from celebrities down to a young girl who was abducted and murdered, searching for private information. And they also bribed police officials for access and confidential info about their targets. A guy who works for any Murdoch company really has nothing worthwhile to say about ethics.

Lets say Millar did run over poor little "Ravage"...if it was and accident that could be forgiven.

But Millar's blatant attempt to vilify other companies while taking a check from the "UMBRELLA CORPORATION OF JOURNALISM" still makes for good entertainment.

So what you file under "obvious" I see as being obviously dismissive.

LMAO!! I know who he's talking to but at this point, continuing to point out that Mark Millar is full of, hmmm, Crap is commensurate to beating a dead horse.

The thought of Fox having the license to screw Marvel without the common courtesy of a reach around can make one lose their marbles at times to that horror.

I suggest a spa day for you Prime.. LOL!!!
You can't really pronounce a horse "dead" if it's telling you who's coffee you should drink.

The time you took to read this was all the time I spent to write it, so a "Spa day" really isn't necessary. Life is good. All I need is my Grande Mocha Frap while I sit back and type this on my Kindle HD.

Here's a thought though.... How quick would Millar be to denounce Amazon if his books became instant best sellers via Kindles E-reader?

Anyone who takes a paycheck from Rupert effing Murdoch should shut his mouth when it comes to corporate ethics. Millar is from the UK so he knows damn well that his employer has been involved in one of the worst scandals of recent times that has outraged the vast majority of Britons. Murdoch's newspapers hacked the phones of a number of people, from celebrities down to a young girl who was abducted and murdered, searching for private information. And they also bribed police officials for access and confidential info about their targets. A guy who works for any Murdoch company really has nothing worthwhile to say about ethics.
Lets not forget about FOXnews Who's motto is "Rich people paying other rich people to tell middle class people to blame poor people."

Yeah Millar will expose the misinformed that post against him via tweet. But when the real comments and questions arise.....all you hear are Crickets.

So here's to The Wolverine flopping, X-men: DOFP fumbling, FF reboot getting shelved and this man getting FIRED!!!

You can't really pronounce a horse "dead" if it's telling you who's coffee you should drink.

The time you took to read this was all the time I spent to write it, so a "Spa day" really isn't necessary. Life is good. All I need is my Grande Mocha Frap while I sit back and type this on my Kindle HD.

Here's a thought though.... How quick would Millar be to denounce Amazon if his books became instant best sellers via Kindles E-reader?

But it is a dead horse let me explain. Mark Millar has proven himself over and over to be a Pompous, self-indulged, hypercritical, greasy salesman on every tweet from him about anything. If it doesn't serve his interests then its whatever. He's a perfect match for Fox and their business values.

I don't even like to give him attention as I feel Mark Millar gets too much attention as it is.

Thats all I was saying.

And if you don't need a spa day, "shhee" I'll take the soothing massage whirlpool heat bath and a fruit smoothie.. You don't know what your missing LOL!!!! All Good My man

Whenever I hear a rich celebrity who collects big paychecks from corporations bad-mouthing corporations I find myself wondering:

"Does this person really think we common-people are so stupid we'll accept them as on of us if they pretend hard enough . . . or are they just so dumb they don't realize how foolish they look?"

It would be interesting to see how and where Millar pays his taxes. Anybody want to bet he has things structured and claims creative residency so he pays less than he would without a scheme?

Whenever I hear a rich celebrity who collects big paychecks from corporations bad-mouthing corporations I find myself wondering:

"Does this person really think we common-people are so stupid we'll accept them as on of us if they pretend hard enough . . . or are they just so dumb they don't realize how foolish they look?"

It would be interesting to see how and where Millar pays his taxes. Anybody want to bet he has things structured and claims creative residency so he pays less than he would without a scheme?

Exactly!

There's no one out here that would be cross to the idea of receiving an exceptional tax cut.

As if raising the price on coffee due to taxes is going to make the consumer happier.

Fact: Mark Millar has being griping about Amazon and Starbucks for months now but it wasn't until someone brought up him benefiting from Amazon 11 hours ago that he nobly decided to "Remove all the Amazon links from his webpage".

SMH....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"