Mark Millar's 'Starlight'

Gabe99

Sidekick
Reaction score
THR 12/13/2013:
Fox in Talks to Pick Up Mark Millar's 'Starlight'
Simon Kinberg of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" will produce the comic book adaptation.
Borys Kit said:
The comic, drawn by Goran Parlov and due to be published by Image in March, is described by Millar as Flash Gordon meets The Dark Knight Returns. It centers on a space hero who saved the universe 35 years ago but came back to Earth, where no one believed his fantastic stories. He settled down, got married, had kids and got old, but then is called back for one last adventure when his old rocket shows up.

'Star Wars' Stand-Alone Writer Gary Whitta to Pen 'Starlight' for Fox (Exclusive)
Rebecca Ford said:
Gary Whitta has already nabbed one of the hottest writing gigs out there, penning one of the Star Wars stand-alone films, and now he's signed on to work on another hot space hero project.

Whitta will write the script for Fox's Starlight, based on the comic from Wanted and Kick-Ass creator Mark Millar. The comic, drawn by Goran Parlov, centers on a space hero, Duke McQueen, who saved the universe four decades ago but came back to Earth, where no one believed his fantastic stories. But years later, after he's settled down and grown up, he's recruited for one last adventure.

The first issue from Image Comics came out in March and launched the much-anticipated Millarworld Universe. Starlight #5 hit shelves on Aug. 13. Fox picked up the project for adaptation in late 2013.

Simon Kinberg, who worked on X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past, will produce, reuniting him with Millar as he's also producing an adaptation of Millar’s Kindergarten Heroes. Steve Asbell is overseeing for Fox.

Whitta is writing the script for the first Star Wars spin-off film, which Godzilla helmer Gareth Edwards will direct. The Lucasfilm and Disney project has a release date set for Dec. 16, 2016, but is highly secretive, so there's still no official word on what character the story will center on.

Casting the Starlight Movie with Mark Millar
Mark Millar discusses sci-fi adventure Starlight and speculates as to who could play Duke McQueen in the forthcoming film.

Sam J Jones Interview: Flash Gordon, Ted 2, Flash Remake
Flash Gordon star Sam J Jones talks about the impact of the movie, and of a possible appearance in the sequel to the 2012 hit Ted...
Wil Jones said:
There were plans for sequels, right?

That was then, but up to date now Matthew Reilly, VP of production at Fox Studios, acquired the screenplay rights to Flash Gordon last year, and he hired [Predator/ Chronicle/ Man From U.N.C.L.E producer] John Davis and his staff to write the script. They’re looking to bring out a sequel actually. I met with Matt, we’re in talks about that. I’m very excited. A lot of people over the years, including Stephen Sommers and Neil H Moritz, have acquired the screenplay rights, but for whatever reason they did not do a follow up on the option. So I’m very excited about it.

So would you want to play an older Flash, or a mentor to younger star?

However they want to use me, I’m very excited. I told Matt, however he wants to use me, keep one thing in mind: whatever a younger, leading man can do, I cannot only match him, I can do more! If he does 20 pull-ups, I can do 30 pull-ups. If he can do 100 push-ups, I can do 150 push-ups. Just keep that in mind!

Last edited:
Starlight should cast Clooney or Keaton: the two Batmen.

Mark Millar on Word Balloon in Chicago
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
John Siuntres said:
Great catching up with Mark Millar who talks comics and film. We talk Chrononauts, Jupiter's Circle and Jupiter's Legacy, Kingsmen:The Secret Service, Mark's collaborations with Director Mathew Vaughn, his film consulting work at 21st Century Fox.We compare the Fox filmmakers to the Marvel filmmakers and get his thoughts on the coming Fantastic Four film, and director Josh Trank.

i recently picked this up and it was a great read i had so much fun with this comic it was fun oldschool pulp with fun and engaging characters i say they need to drop that Flash Gordon reboot and get this project moving it was a hell of a fun read and would make a damn fun movie

20th Century Fox Eyeing Sylvester Stallone For Lead In Starlight Comic To Film Adaptation
starlightheader.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"