Marv Wolfman will be NIGHTWING'S writer starting issue 125

hmmmm... you could make it a show on the WB and get the writers from smallville... that would about do it...

After the second issue of Jones' run, I dropped the book. I hated Dick's portrayal. Before OYL began I thought he would settle down with Barbara. And how it wasn't even mentioned as to what happend between them. Though it seems DiDio confirmed to read future issues to find out. Wolfman will give him back the respect he deserves. Considering he and Pérez WERE the ones who created the Nightwing persona.

When Wolfman's arc begins, the book is going back in my pull list. Not to mention I'm looking forward to Jurgens' artwork. :up:

Damn. I guess I'm alone in my thoughts about Bruce Jones writing.

You guys know that thing at the end of every comic where Da.......... Ultra **** it I'll just post it(you may have to squint to read). READ IT:
scan0027zi0.jpg

This makes me feel like a little school girl again...................even though I'm a guy.........................................

Yeah.....he does, but still. It makes me all giddy that one of the Moniters will "pump up" Dick. Or something.

His problems with Dick are pretty stupid. "Never to be Batman, no longer Robin" and his name comes from Superman's past? So what? Did he forget all about that whole Teen Titans founder bit? I've always thought of Dick as kind of a nexus point for the entire DC universe. He's got connections to everyone. Raised by Batman, bears the name of a hero from Superman's planet, dated Wonder Woman's sidekick, greatest leader of the Titans, leader of the substitute JLA, etc. I don't see how it's so hard to realize that all DC has to do is get Dick out of this ******ed funk he's been in and just get him back to that central hero of the DCU in order to deliver solid stories with him again. I really think Graduation Day and Outsiders was one of the worst things to happen to him because of how it changed his character. It looked like they were just fixing that in his series during IC, but then OYL he somehow got even further away from what he's supposed to be about. :o

TheCorpulent1 said:
His problems with Dick are pretty stupid. "Never to be Batman, no longer Robin" and his name comes from Superman's past? So what? Did he forget all about that whole Teen Titans founder bit? I've always thought of Dick as kind of a nexus point for the entire DC universe. He's got connections to everyone. Raised by Batman, bears the name of a hero from Superman's planet, dated Wonder Woman's sidekick, greatest leader of the Titans, leader of the substitute JLA, etc. I don't see how it's so hard to realize that all DC has to do is get Dick out of this ******ed funk he's been in and just get him back to that central hero of the DCU in order to deliver solid stories with him again. I really think Graduation Day and Outsiders was one of the worst things to happen to him because of how it changed his character. It looked like they were just fixing that in his series during IC, but then OYL he somehow got even further away from what he's supposed to be about. :o

I really wouldnt have minded seeing Dick and Barbara married.

TheCorpulent1 said:
No one except the crazy Dick/Kory fanatics would have.

Though, I can see where being gone for a whole year would be a strain on that engagement.

Probably, but I could see other scenarios where it wouldn't be. Problem is, we don't know anything about the circumstances involved because someone decided covering what happened in the missing year wasn't important.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Probably, but I could see other scenarios where it wouldn't be. Problem is, we don't know anything about the circumstances involved because someone decided covering what happened in the missing year wasn't important.

Yeah.

TheCorpulent1 said:
No he didn't. The two Titans that fought over Donna's attention were Roy and Wally. Dick could have cared less, and poor Wally always got (pun intended) shafted by Roy, when it came to Wonder Babe ;)

Wolfman was one of the great ones who projected Dick as an individual outside of Batman....

Who surpassed him in leadership roles when it came to who should lead both the Titans and Outsiders.

In that instance, Dick had the experience and Batman just desired the role of leadership.

It was illustrated when Batman tried to coordinate a plan against the Fearsome Five and Robin took over, which was the greatest scene ever...since after that, Batman SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!

I think Nightwing's grown to be a better leader than Batman because of his ability to inspire people. Nobody but those who really know Batman well can get past the spooky exterior and be inspired by him. Nightwing, on the other hand, brings out the best in people by basically being the DC universe's golden child.

Until recently, anyway. :o

TheCorpulent1 said:
I think Nightwing's grown to be a better leader than Batman because of his ability to inspire people. Nobody but those who really know Batman well can get past the spooky exterior and be inspired by him. Nightwing, on the other hand, brings out the best in people by basically being the DC universe's golden child.

Until recently, anyway. :o

Yeah, I really think Nightwing leading the JLofA needs to happen in the next couple of years.

The full-fledged JLA, you mean? He's led the pinch-hitters already, and it worked out really well. I loved how Kelly gave him kind of a mix of Superman's inspiring qualities to keep the idealists like Faith and Firestorm motivated and Batman's fear-inducing gloom to keep the riff-raff like Major Disaster and Green Arrow in line. :up:

TheCorpulent1 said:
The full-fledged JLA, you mean? He's led the pinch-hitters already, and it worked out really well. I loved how Kelly gave him kind of a mix of Superman's inspiring qualities to keep the idealists like Faith and Firestorm motivated and Batman's fear-inducing gloom to keep the riff-raff like Major Disaster and Green Arrow in line. :up:

Yeah, full fledge JLofA. Its clear the big guns respect the hell out of him, and lately hes been ***** slapping Superman and Alan Scott in Outsiders (impossible, I know)

They should have gotten Gale Simone ...Chuck Dixon really know dick.....anyone but that crap writer Bruce Jones. I never saw a writer pull more **** out of his ass more than that writer. Every character in his Hulk run was written out of character or as if it were in another Universe.

I loved how Peter David used to make fun of Bruces writing in his Cap. Marvel series and in his returning Hulk run. That's one thing you gotta love about the dude...love or hate his writing....he's not afraid of stating his views in the comic he's writing. I mean...no other writer would be making fun of Marvel while writing a Marvel comic.

I thought David's Hulk arc was great. The ending was a total get-out-of-jail-free card for the Hulk's continuity after all the damage Jones did to it. :up:
Darthphere said:
Yeah, full fledge JLofA. Its clear the big guns respect the hell out of him, and lately hes been ***** slapping Superman and Alan Scott in Outsiders (impossible, I know)
I wouldn't say "b****-slapping." He vented at Superman for a while and Superman decided to back off. Then Alan Scott came and gave him and the Outsiders a good, stern talking to. He even noted how sloppy the Outsiders' new covert ops/dead-to-the-world idea has been going when he went into White King-mode. I don't know if anything else happened with Alan last issue, though. I dropped Outsiders like a bad habit.

I havent gotten #38 or this weeks #39, I think its a sign.

A sign that it sucks almost as much as Nightwing's own title. I think Winick should cut back his work load. I haven't enjoyed much of anything he's been writing lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"