Marv Wolfman will be NIGHTWING'S writer starting issue 125

TheCorpulent1 said:
No one except the crazy Dick/Kory fanatics would have.

There's a very simple solution to that: Mormon wedding. Everyone's happy. Especially Nightwing.

I'm sticking with Nightwing all the way through this arc. The book will improve once Wolfman starts a new arc.

Not blind ones. They don't know s*** on account of the not seeing.

Yeah, I forgot blindness cuts off all information input.

If I couldn't grasp the concept of color, you know, if I was blind from birth and I kept hearing about all these colors, these goddamn colors, and when I asked what blue was, and it's one of those things that, it's like, it's impossible to describe, and then expect me, blind from birth, to accept that there's not just blue, but also red and yellow and green, and that I have no effing clue what these things even are, because they're not like a chair, where I could feel it and say "that's a chair" as opposed to "that's a shoe", because they feel different, and then you tell me that there's these things you can see but can't really touch or describe, well, if I kept hearing about all that, I would probably kill myself.

There's a way how you can learn about colors....(I never tried it, but I guess it works)
I remember there was a movie, called "MASK" with Cher and this guy whose face was so.....um anyway....he was teaching his blind girlfriend about colors....
If she wanted to know green, he rubbed a patch of grass on her cheeck and hands; if she wanted to know red he let her hold a rock that was boiling in water...if she wanted to know blue....I think he made her hold Ice or put her hands in the frezer/refridgerater....etc, etc....

LIke I said, I never tried it so don't blame me if you burn your hand.

Mmm hmm, does the person in the movie grasp that everything hot isn't red, and that sometimes red isn't associated with fire, etc? Because that isn't teaching about color at all. IT's teaching touch, and some colors generally associated with touch, but you still really have no idea what color is.

They should take the first Nightwing OYL arc out of continuity so that Wolfman's will actually be issue 118. :)

Not Jake said:
Mmm hmm, does the person in the movie grasp that everything hot isn't red, and that sometimes red isn't associated with fire, etc? Because that isn't teaching about color at all. IT's teaching touch, and some colors generally associated with touch, but you still really have no idea what color is.
Plus, ice is never blue, as far as I've seen. It's clear or, if it's dense enough, white. The only way it's blue is if it's reflecting something else or it's made from blue liquid, and you can't really explain that to a blind person any better than explaining that the ice itself is blue. :o

Darthphere said:
Wolfman's run has been extended.

His run hasn't ever started yet and he's getting an extension.

I don't know what he'll have in store for us and Nightwing...but I think we all know for a fact that it's going to be 100 times better than what is going on in the book now. Sweet Jesus that's terrible.

This, Spider-Man fans, is BAD characterization. THIS is a BAD story arc. This is how you REALLY SCREW UP A CHARACTER. :mad:

Yea...Bruce Jone's arc was such a disgrace to the character(s) in it. :(

Well, its not like I made the movie....just thought I would share what I saw with you guys....besides I haven't watched it in almost 17 years....I'm not that corny enough to waste 30 bucks just to get the dvd.

I would have love to seen George Perez be the artist for Marv Wolfman's upcoming run on Nightwing.

Though I'm sure I will enjoy Wolfman's run no matter who the artist is. After all, Woflman did create Nightwing.

I believe # 125 comes out rather soon, I remember seeing that # 124 just recently came out.

It'll be safe to buy the book again. Yay! :batty:

Ok, so it'll be safe to read Nightwing in a months time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"