Marvel Heroes to start tomorrow and prices for heroes revealed

Too bad my laptop cannot play PC games, only flash games like MAA.

THIS is what Marvel animated shows should look like!

The prices are what's going to keep a lot of people out of this game. Thought I might switch from MAA, but finding out it's "pay to play" made me decide otherwise.

You can still play this completely for free and try to get lucky to get hero drops. I'm definitely not going to pay 20 bucks to get a playable character like Iron Man. But maybe, with luck, a boss will drop him. Until then, I'll keep playing with Hawkeye.

Last edited:
The game is fairly fun and I'm loving the motion comics! That was my favorite part about DCUO and will continue here I see.

The pricing is a bit odd and makes me question how this game will draw a profit in the long run... they got a good deal of cash from founders that bought those packs, but moving forward, since the game is literally 100% free from the looks of things, buying heroes and costumes are the only thing that will bring them revenue. And since these things are obtainable through gameplay, it seems to me that there is no good reason to spend any money unless if you can't live without playing as Deadpool..

Maybe they'll eventually have something like holiday sales. There's a special section in the shop that's currently empty. Right now, I'll probably spend 4 bucks a month, buying 5 Mystery cards. Hoping to unlock a couple of the 5 exclusive costumes.

The prices are what's going to keep a lot of people out of this game. Thought I might switch from MAA, but finding out it's "pay to play" made me decide otherwise.
you can play this free. as Nathan mentioned

you start off with one of 5 characters like Dare devil or storm for example and as you play you pick up tokens of heroes as a drop of a "golden statue" in the drops you find after defeating a boss like Venom or gorgon any boss will do as loot like Black panther and others which if you right click after picking that token or statue up and right clicking it in your inventory it adds as a character you can become and play as.

As for costumes you buy them with the in game money you earn or you know the usual micro transactions or doing the founders packs stuff if you can't wait.

Don't do the latter part since as I stated their having issues and are trying to fix stuff with those of us that did that. And alot of you may not like the price's. The ultimate pack is a shocker to alot of people. I went with the premium pack as i mentioned already.

here

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=321603&page=37

you can play this free. as Nathan mentioned

you start off with one of 5 characters like Dare devil or storm for example and as you play you pick up tokens of heroes as a drop of a "golden statue" in the drops you find after defeating a boss like Venom or gorgon any boss will do as loot like Black panther and others which if you right click after picking that token or statue up and right clicking it in your inventory it adds as a character you can become and play as.

As for costumes you buy them with the in game money you earn or you know the usual micro transactions or doing the founders packs stuff if you can't wait.

Don't do the latter part since as I stated their having issues and are trying to fix stuff with those of us that did that. And alot of you may not like the price's. The ultimate pack is a shocker to alot of people. I went with the premium pack as i mentioned already.

here

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=321603&page=37
Good to know. May check it out. I thought it was really pay for play due to the initial beta Founders and also seeing prices for heroes.

Good to know. May check it out. I thought it was really pay for play due to the initial beta Founders and also seeing prices for heroes.
yeah those price's ugh. I went with premium cause well I'd pick up 4 characters of my choosing with the costume and gear I wanted for them . How ever right now I'm busy with the customer service cause they freaking gave the "valentines day special pack " which i didn't purchase.

So just play for free for now and earn those characters til we see them fix that system and lower the prices being through special deals or other wise .

The only reason I think the prices are what they are is cause it was just Marvel that hired Gaz and this was prior to Disney buying up Marvel and the fact that though Disney owns marvel now they have let Marvel Entertainment as they are known these days have Autonomy over themselves like the anime division/department they own as well with Naruto.

As long as those two keep making money Disney will leave them be, to their own device's.

Last edited:
Playing Iron Man in Marvel Heroes? Get the Mark 17 'Heartbreaker' armor (from Marvel's Iron Man 3, shown here) for FREE from Alienware Arena - just register here:

http://bit.ly/13FN02T

r4qdTM2.jpg

Codes will be given away all week, but there are limited numbers, so hurry! (Remember, to use the armor you must have Iron Man unlocked in your roster.)

Source

Well, I might give up on this. I started with Wanda and have DD, currently in Hell's Kitchen, and not into the game yet. The couple boss battles were interesting, I'll try to stick it through, it does really make me want another Marvel game on consoles.

I almost went for the Ultimate Pack but in the end couldn't justify it.

Well, I might give up on this. I started with Wanda and have DD, currently in Hell's Kitchen, and not into the game yet. The couple boss battles were interesting, I'll try to stick it through, it does really make me want another Marvel game on consoles.

I almost went for the Ultimate Pack but in the end couldn't justify it.
man I didn't know you trying this out, look send me a pm I'll help you level up. don't give up on this just yet and don't buy the ultimate pack, the premium is a better chose, but I'd wait til they finally sort out their issues of the Mixed up of orders.

man I didn't know you trying this out, look send me a pm I'll help you level up. don't give up on this just yet and don't buy the ultimate pack, the premium is a better chose, but I'd wait til they finally sort out their issues of the Mixed up of orders.

Thanks for the info and I'll keep the leveling up in mind. :yay::up:

Anyone playing ?
So far I have leveled Hawkeye and The Thing to lvl 45/46 and I am working on Black Widow ( bought with the shards drop ).
I didn't spend a dime yet on the shop.

My ID is : MonsieurXavier.

I'm still playing I'll see if I can add you. also look to the multiplat part of the forum since this will be on mac and possibly other plateforms by the time next year roll around..

I'll send it to you here in pm, which has been sent now.

Last edited:
just added this to the multi area of the forum

Marvel Heroes: Sweet Christmas! It's Patch 1.3!

Looking Ahead
If you’re already playing Marvel Heroes, you probably already knew about all of the stuff we just went over. If you’ve managed to make it this far, we’ve got a bit of a reward for you with some exclusive new information Jeff shared with us during the call. Breakdown below!
Squirrel Girl

• Comes out in two weeks.
  • Up to 250 squirrels out on screen at one time.
  • Brawling tree.
  • Squirrel summoning powers.
  • Ultimate is called "Squirrelpocalypse" (something like 500 squirrels on screen).
  • Arm squirrels with timed explosives that then go out and set booby trap for enemy waves.
  • Launches with five unique items, including: Hazelnut Lipgloss, Iron Man Trading Cards (summons Iron Man to help her out), Great Lakes Avengers T-shirt (proc powers based on spirits of Great Lake Avengers).
  • Squirrel Girl synergy grants +damage vs. bosses in accordance with her theme of taking out massively power Marvel characters in the comics.
Asgard Story Content

• Asgard content video will be shown at New York Comic-Con.
  • Asgard will have tons of frost giants, dark elves, and even new enemies introduced by the upcoming Thor movie sequel.
  • New Asgard super hub.
  • Players will need to venture into Norway and overcome a currently unannounced encounter that will unlock passage through the Rainbow Bridge into Asgard.
  • Asgard content will be free.
  • Raids coming with Asgard content.
Upcoming Heroes and Costumes

• Silver Surfer on top 5 list of heroes to be worked on next.
  • Legendary Quest sharing coming soon.
  • Upcoming new item types include: Legendaries, Team-Ups, and StarkTech .
  • Additional "gender bender" skins coming. Kate Bishop Hawkeye is being worked on as we speak.
  • Additional 'Fear Itself' costumes coming. Full suite of 'Noir' costumes in the works as well (Punisher Noir, Spiderman Noir, Luke Cage Noir, etc).
  • Thor 'Beta Ray Bill' enhanced costume launches with Asgard. Asgard Storm in the works.
  • Gambit added 'way before' end of year. Needs voiceover and more visual FX work.
  • Psylocke confirmed!
If you have your own questions for ‘Doomsaw’, you’ll definitely want to stay tuned here at MMORPG.com! We’re currently working with Gazillion to put together one of our live forum Q&As (think reddit-style AMAs) with ‘Doomsaw’ that you won’t want to miss!
Michael Bitton / Michael began his career at the WarCry Network in 2005 as the site manager for several different WarCry fansite portals. In 2008, Michael worked for the startup magazine Massive Gamer as a columnist and online news editor. In June of 2009, Michael joined MMORPG.com as the site's Community Manager. Follow him on Twitter @eMikeB

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...hael-Bitton-Sweet-Christmas-Its-Patch-13.html

And lol A positive article from massively

A Mild-Mannered Reporter: A marvelous, titanic super-hero September

((X) ago)
Super-hero, Culture, MMO Industry, Opinion, Free-to-Play, Marvel Heroes, A Mild-Mannered Reporter

I'm breaking up my usual format a bit for this month. Part of that is just out of necessity; DC Universe Online launched a big DLC pack that I talked about in the last column, which obviously was the focus for most of the past month. Champions Online just had an invasion event going that I didn't actually take part in; I've had enough invasion-style events to last the remainder of my natural life, even if the rewards for this one do look pretty awesome. Call me cynical.

No, this month I'm focusing on two games, only one of which is actually out at the moment. One of these games has been firing on all cylinders and might force cynical old me to eat a bit of crow, which I'll happily do if it means that the game is better for everyone enjoying it. And the other... isn't. You can probably guess what I'm talking about, but you can also go ahead and jump past the cut to eliminate any possible doubt. I encourage it! Continue Reading

source: mmorpg.com & Massively

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=459431&page=5

Marvel Heroes announces Asgardian content, playable Loki

(1 hour ago)
Screenshots, Events (In-Game), Patches, Previews, Free-to-Play, Marvel Heroes, Crafting

Marvel Heroes is a game known for its ability to suck players in to the universe of Marvel superheroes. Its linear play is also augmented by the much more open area of downtown Manhattan, and there is no other MMO that allows you to control heroes from all of Marvel's timelines and universes, from the movie franchises to the classic comics. And now we've learned the game is gearing up for a very nice update in November.

So what's in store for this patch? Well, it just so happens that Marvel's latest movie, Thor: The Dark World, is coming out in a week or so. Gazillion Entertainment couldn't very well sit back and let the moment get away, could it? So it created an entire suite of content based around Asgard, Thor, and the new movie.

We asked Jeff Donais, Creative Director, some questions to find out all of the details. Warning: There might be spoilers below! Continue Reading

Pre-purchase Loki's Hero Pack and save 10% for a limited time!

October 29th, 2013
Pre-purchase the Loki Hero Pack Today! The Loki Hero Pack is now available for pre-purchase at 10% discount for a limited time!

CONTINUE READING »

source: Massively & MarvelHeroes.com

Last edited:
Announcing a new playable hero... Loki, God of Mischief

Ryolnir

GazillionLocationAsgardStaff

4:14PM
We're honored to announce a new playable hero, the Asgardian God of Mischief and brother of Thor, Loki!

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.
https://store.marvelheroes.com/wsstore_en_us/loki-hero-pack.html
Loki will be launching with our first Asgard patch and will be coming to Test Center VERY soon.
Here is a brief summary of Loki from @MichaelMayhem in the design team...
Loki is a versatile caster, specializing in debuffs and illusions to excel in combat. As a descendant of the Frost Giants of Jotunheim, Loki's attunement with ice magic is superb, channeling ice and frost to hinder enemies. His mastery of magic allows him to manipulate enemies, hindering their ability to fight, or even turning them against one another. Whether through ice or arcane magic, Loki's powers flow into each other, allowing him to take full advantage of the debuffs he weaves onto enemies.
In addition to magical arts, The God of Mischief is capable of creating identical illusions of himselfto trick foes.
Illusions can only be maintained for a short time - continuously creating them is the key to overcoming powerful enemies. These illusions are projections of Loki and will react to commands he performs, synchronizing their attacks to hide who the true Loki is. As with anyone serving Loki, illusions are expendable, and can be detonated with great force when the trickster no longer has need of them.

Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins
Community Manager, Does Other Stuff Too

Doomsaw

GazillionLocationA Tiny Hug Barrage for EveryoneStaff

4:15PM
G Cost: 900 (this is the deal of the year, btw)
Splinter Cost: 400
Test Center: Loki will be on test center this weekend and will be live approximately one week later.
Playstyle: Several build options available - a Giant's Blood brawler, Ice-Magic Sorcerer or Illusionist (or many combinations thereof).
Default Costume: Movie version. (Classic also ready at launch)
Yay:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...new-playable-hero-loki-god-of-mischief#latest

and

Some New Enemy Model Sneak Peeks126 new

Last edited:

Introducing Advance Packs!

December 16th, 2013

CONTINUE READING »

Introducing Advance Packs!

December 16th, 2013
AdvancePack-banner-at-size.png

DOCTOR STRANGE, Sorcerer Supreme ♦ JUGGERNAUT, the Unstoppable Force​
MAGNETO, Master of Magnetism ♦ MOON KNIGHT, the Fist of Khonshu​
NIGHT CRAWLER, Master Swordsman, Fuzzy Elf ♦ PSYLOCKE, the Psychic Ninja​
SILVER SURFER, Herald of Galactus ♦ SUE STORM, the Invisible Woman​
STAR LORD,Leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy ♦ VENOM, the Lethal Protector ..and MORE!

All of these heroes are included in the Marvel Heroes Advance Pack!
The Marvel Heroes Advance Pack is a combination of amazing access and spectacular savings for a limited time only.
As an extra bonus, the Advance Pack Deluxe Edition includes a complimentary Wolverine “Fear Itself” costume and Gambit’s “As Death” Enhanced costume, one month before they are officially released. The Deluxe Edition also includes a free alternate costume for each of 12 heroes, two retcon potions for each hero, and 24 copies of Fortune Card Mark IV, Mark V and Mark VI.
… And, as a limited-time holiday bonus thank you to Marvel Heroes players, order the Deluxe Edition by December 31st and receive a full Ghost Rider hero bundle, including both Ghost Rider costumes, his hero stash tab, and fortune cards. Some of the Advance Pack - Deluxe Edition content even begins shipping this month!

Advance Pack - Deluxe Edition

The Deluxe Edition contains 12 Heroes with their default costumes and their alternate launch costume (delivered on release), 72 new Fortune Cards (which which may contain additional costumes), a Wolverine “Fear Itself” costume, and a Gambit “As Death” costume.
Total estimated value of the limited-time Advance Pack Deluxe Edition is $425. Our holiday price is $129.99.
Contents of the Advance Pack - Deluxe Edition

(Heroes in alphabetical order with TWO costumes each):

• Dr. Strange
  • Juggernaut
  • Magneto
  • Moon Knight
  • Nightcrawler
  • Psylocke
  • Silver Surfer
  • Star Lord
  • Sue Storm
  • Venom
  • First Additional Hero to be Announced
  • Second Additional Hero to be Announced
  • 24 copies of Fortune Card Mark IV
  • 24 copies of Fortune Card Mark V
  • 24 Copies of Fortune Card Mark VI
  • 24 Retcon Potions
  • 12 Hero Stash Tabs (1 for each hero included in this pack)
  • Advance release of Gambit's "As Death" Enhanced costume, delivered one month before official sale date.
  • Advance release of Wolverine's "Fear Itself" costume, delivered one month before official sale date.

Your Price: $129.99 (estimated value approximately $425.00)
Advance Pack - Standard Edition

The Standard Edition contains 12 Heroes with their default costumes, 36 Fortune Cards (which may contain additional costumes), and more!
Total estimated value of the limited-time Advance Pack Standard Edition is $215. Our holiday price is $99.99.
Contents of the Advance Pack – Standard Edition

(Heroes in alphabetical order with one costumes each):

• Dr. Strange
  • Juggernaut
  • Magneto
  • Moon Knight
  • Nightcrawler
  • Psylocke
  • Silver Surfer
  • Star Lord
  • Sue Storm
  • Venom
  • First Additional Hero to be Announced
  • Second Additional Hero to be Announced
  • 12 copies of Fortune Card Mark IV
  • 12 copies of Fortune Card Mark V
  • 12 Copies of Fortune Card Mark VI
  • 12 Retcon Potions
  • 12 Hero Stash Tabs (1 for each hero included in this pack)

Your Price: $99.99 (estimated value approximately $215.00)

IMPORTANT DETAILS:

• The order the heroes listed here does not refer to the order they will be released in. All heroes and costumes included will be automatically delivered to you, in game, on their official sales date. You will also automatically receive each hero's Stash tab on the official sales date.
  • The Marvel Heroes Advance Packs will be for sale the next couple of months, but the Ghost Rider bonus bundle will only be available until the end of December 2013.
  • The quantity of Fortune Cards Mark 4, 5, and 6 included in your pack will be delivered as they are input into the game and currently do not have a set date.
  • The quantity of Retcon devices included in your pack will be delivered evenly among the release of each additional hero in your pack. This means you will be receiving either one or two Retcon devices every time a hero included in your pack arrives in game.
  • Release dates are on heroes and costumes included in this pack are to be determined, but are very likely to occur throughout 2014 and early 2015.
  • In the Deluxe Edition, Gambit's "As Death" costume and Wolverine's "Fear Itself" costume will be delivered to you one month before release in the store. However there is no official release date for either costume yet.
  • Nova is not included as one of the 12 heroes in these packs. He will be released in 2014, but is not included in this hero list so original Ultimate Founders pack owners get full value if they want to get the Advance Pack.
source: marvel Heroes.com

Details from the forum in here
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/50333/teaser-as-i-love-to-do/p1

and Ghost rider is on the Test center as of today

Ryolnir

GazillionLocationAsgardStaff

10:50PM
Hi all,
@Doomsaw and I will be having a live stream tomorrow and talking about/showing off Marvel Heroes 2.1. This will include Ghost Rider, the DPS Rework, and the new Asgard content! Other developers will likely be joining us!
You can find our Twitch.TV channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/marvelheroes
Feel free to subscribe so you get an email notification when we're going live!

Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins
Community Manager, Fist of Khonshu

source: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/52085/live-stream-tomorrow-2pm-pst#latest

The Live stream on twitch has started and the link is above this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"