Marvel June 2010 Solicitations

Hopefully Avengers will be classic-ish enough for me. I really want to like it. I really do.

Not much I'm interested in so far. Spidey and Wolverine on both Avenger books kinda annoys me, so that's a negative, despite the fact that I am curious about one of them also being beside Luke and Thing.

I'm taking Hulk and Incredible Hulk one issue at a time at the moment, but honestly, when they say "The origin of the Red Hulk!" it shouldn't invoke laughter or rolling of the eyes. This is... what... like the third time they've said something like this now with no payoff? I think I've heard something like that. Fortunately, I only read these books for Skaar, so I couldn't care less.

I hope he still totally tries to kill the Hulk, even after bonding for so long with Banner. :)

Avengers previews

Who's that between Spider-Woman and Thor? Hank Pym?

AVENGERS ACADEMY is the only one of those two I am getting. NEW AVENGERS and AVENGERS have some sweet artists on them, but I have read too many Bendis Avengers comics to be fooled for a third time. I don't expect him to improve 100% just because Marvel says this is the Heroic Age. I still expect him to focus on in-fighting, bickering, and on botching the execution to just about every idea he has (whether good or bad). AVENGERS ACADEMY, though, is a lock, and I am anticipating SECRET AVENGERS as well.

Anybody else notice that the Prince of Power #2 cover is an homage to Thor #126?

I thought that pose looked familiar. Pak & Van Lente really know their stuff, eh?

I wonder if Athena will give Cho her Aegis. I mean, the last guy she gave it to is still dead, and they hopefully took it from Typhon's corpse. That alongside Herc's mace and Cho could actually be quite capable as a fighter, even more so than he is now (according to previews for the next issue of THUNDERBOLTS, Cho can actually take on Mr. X, which isn't too shabby).

I'd prefer they keep Cho's intellect as his primary weapon. Even the adamantine mace should just be a back-up.

I believe the Aegis would have been destroyed when the universe collapsed; Typhon was still wearing it.

I'd prefer they keep Cho's intellect as his primary weapon. Even the adamantine mace should just be a back-up.

I know, but still, better to have GOOD back up. A mace by itself is really just like a really tough baseball bat.

Cho's been in battle with a lot of super-powerful-types already and come out okay. He's good at taking care of himself because of his big brain. The mace just gives him a quick, easy way to deal damage to the people trying to kill him, since he can't rely on Herc to do all the damage anymore.

Cho's been in battle with a lot of super-powerful-types already and come out okay. He's good at taking care of himself because of his big brain. The mace just gives him a quick, easy way to deal damage to the people trying to kill him, since he can't rely on Herc to do all the damage anymore.

At least not for the next 4 issues of PRINCE OF POWER. :word:

I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I keep thinking of Herc and Ares fighting their way out of Hades and it keeps sounding more and more awesome to me.

You never know. On the other hand, Hercules could be wherever the Continuum dimension was and for all we know the space books bring him back via the Fault. It isn't like the Mighty Avengers didn't pop into ROK: INHUMANS after all.

Having Herc and Ares escape the underworld is the simplest way to do it. Apparently, Pluto managed to escape being overrun by the undead, as he assembled with the rest of the Olympus group last issue (Athena, Apollo, Poseidon and Pluto I think).

Why would anyone want to change that design? He's a biker skeleton with his head on fire! ;)

Does he have a bike like that in 616 too? Still isn't it different that he's an enemy atleast? or well... Yeah good luck with me knowing anything about Ghost Rider lol, but hey atleast Millar's new Hulk is quite the pimp!

Does he have a bike like that in 616 too? Still isn't it different that he's an enemy atleast? or well... Yeah good luck with me knowing anything about Ghost Rider lol, but hey atleast Millar's new Hulk is quite the pimp!
The bike seems to be an amalgam of the movie bike, which is mutated through his powers, and the comic bike, which is just a chopper with flaming wheels.

A bit disappointed the didn't try to Ghostie up there and just go with the regular Dan Ketch style from the 90s. Although, seeing how Aaron wrote the last series of Ghost Rider, maybe going back to basics is what we need for the Ultimate Universe.

Who said it was street level?

Thing Class 100
Ms. Marvel Class 50
Luke Cage Class 35
Spider-Man Class 35

Hell, Ben has taken out Ultron by himself.

:thing: :thing: :thing:

But Ben can easily pass for street level. Spider-Man and Luke Cage are street level.

Ms. Marvel on the other hand, should be on the regular Avengers team.

well if you were going up against a big threat you know you'd want Captain America(Bucky no powers), a powerless archer Hawkeye, Wolverine, Spider-Man and Spiderwoman over Ms. Marvel....

NAMORA ONE-SHOT! :D

Heralds definitely looks good. I'm sure I can bear Emma Frost for the duration, given all the other great characters involved. I hear Kathryn Immonen's good, too.

Carlos Pacheco should totally draw every Atlas cover ever from now on.

I love how Captain America is now basically a Captain America and the Falcon series that's like 100 times better than that crappy Captain America and the Falcon series from before Avengers: Disassembled. Not relishing the character regression Brubaker's unabashedly promising for Baron Zemo, but I'm sure it'll at least be a good Cap story.

The Impossible Man in Fantastic Four? :awesome:

What's with the giant eyes on both Iron Man and War Machine's armor?

Oh no, Fraction's going to use the Mandarin again? Can't the Knaufs' "Haunted" be the last word on the Mandarin for a while longer? :csad:

This retcon-tastic SHIELD series keeps sounding worse and worse to me.

Haha, baby Thor! I was on the fence, but I'm totally getting Thor and the Warriors Four now.

Love the inverted life vs. death theme the cosmic books are doing with The Thanos Imperative. Thanos as the avatar of Death vs. a Lovecraftian bioverse where all life grows like a cancer? Sign me the f*** up.

Eh, I can't stand the b****, so it suits me fine. Now if only Spider-Woman had followed her...

They really should just get rid of the women altogther, their place is in the Avengers kitchen:up:

Tony Stark and Daredevil can guest star for the reality show allusions:o

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"