• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Prepping Four Series and a Miniseries

I would assume that "hour long" means 40+ minutes, especially if they work it out to play then on TV after the fact.

I just feel like I need to fancast something today so I'm going to try my hand at the main characters of these netflix series.

Daredevil

Matt Murdock: I feel like the guy needs to be in his early thirties if not younger. With blonde or red hair (not dark). I don't think attractiveness is very important with Matt, as much as physical fitness (very lean and lithe). Unique eyes are a plus. Ended up here:

Eddie Redmayne. I'm not the most familiar with his work, but I hear he's really good and when I saw him in a couple things on Youtube, I think he could handle Matt Murdock
tumblr_inline_milnj5FCRo1qz4rgp.jpg

Stick: In my opinion he should be creepy and very odd/mysterious. Almost to the point where you don't trust him, but at the same time you trust him more than anyone else in the series. Came up with:

Crispin Glover. Very underrated actor chalk full of drama, mystique and a tad of humor. Perfect for the sensei.
Sundance-Film-Festival-Po-007.jpg

Elektra Natchios: Pretty important to the Daredevil mythos. Preferably some ethnicity to her. Should be pretty, but again doesn't need to be Maxim cover model. Scratch that, maybe she should. How about:

Olga Kurylenko. Assuming she doesn't end up taking Wonder Woman. Or hell, even if she does. Also very talented actress.
191020131336326673472.jpg

Luke Cage - Oh. Black I guess? lol. But lets see, I was thinking mid-late twenties but as long as he looks younger. Obviously he should be big. At least as big as Thor/Cap. He should also have a masculine confidence.

Isaiah Mustafa. I've always liked this guy. I feel like someone should take a chance and cast him in a lead role. He's 6'4" kinda lean, but I bet he could bulk up for the role.
Isaiah-Mustafa.jpg

Jessica Jones - Well... in my research I came across the following suggestion:

Michelle Monaghan. She's not too old is she? Cuz that would be an awesome choice. She's gorgeous. :D
Michelle-Monaghan-Hot-Pictures-0033.jpg

Danny Rand "Iron Fist" - I think we all know what this guy needs to look and act like. I heard someone somewhere mention the following actor and oddly enough, I agree:

Cam Gigandet. I don't particularly like anything he's been in. But he's not a bad actor and the martial arts skills could definitely and SHOULD definitely come in handy in an Iron Fist series.
Cam+Gigandet+CamGigandet.png

And a few others who I want just as a fan:
Wilson Fisk:
dean-norris.jpg

Frank Castle:
605_jane_640.jpg

Marc Spector:
df871b5732.jpg

Last edited:
I binge watched the **** outta House of Cards and Arrested Development. Finished them in like 4 days..lol

I hope they use this Defenders saga as a way to introduce many of the lesser known Marvel heroes and villains. Just like what Arrow does for DC; and what Agents of SHIELD so far, sadly, hasn't done. This is such an opportunity to let characters like The Punisher, Moon Knight, etc. shine.

That's an excellent cast proxytoxin. You obviously put a lot of thought into it

Before we get to casting we need showrunner suggestions!

They won't have the $170-$200+ million budgets to hide some of the medicore, lazy writing the MCU films have had. Agents of SHIELD, a show that feels like its from the 1980s, demonstrates that. They need better writers, would love to see Vince Gilligan and some Breaking Bad writers setup the Daredevil series.

Before we get to casting we need showrunner suggestions!

They won't have the $170-$200+ million budgets to hide some of the medicore, lazy writing the MCU films have had. Agents of SHIELD, a show that feels like its from the 1980s, demonstrates that. They need better writers, would love to see Vince Gilligan and some Breaking Bad writers setup the Daredevil series.

Is a Black showrunner necessary for Luke Cage?

Most great showrunners are writers or have little production credits before their big hit show, Vince being an example, it's very difficult to suggest a showrunner, the best we can do is pray it will be a good one.

Is a Black showrunner necessary for Luke Cage?

Necessary? No, but I don't think it would hurt for them to look for African-American writers to write one of their biggest AA characters.

Necessary? No, but I don't think it would hurt for them to look for African-American writers to write one of their biggest AA characters.

Hopefully, Marvel gives Black writers a chance.

I also want to see a Black writer and a black director for Black Panther.

Yeah, I think they'll need some guys with some actual reference for Luke Cage's neighborhood in the writer's room, but if David Simon could make the Wire (arguably the best show television has ever seen), I don't think a black showrunner is at all necessary. You just need someone who has a respect for the ghetto, and the people who live there. Anyone who buys into the myth of a bunch of lazy black people laying around sopping up the wealth of the country in the midst of equal opportunities probably shouldn't be the showrunner, but there are black people who think of the ghetto that way too, so...

The Defenders means that the chances are good at seeing our first black female superhero (Zoe Saldana is playing an alien, so Gamora does not count) in the MCU in Misty Knight....unless of course, the rumors about Wasp end up happening. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see Monica Rambeau in the MCU and if we do, it'll be long after the actors from Avengers (all of them) are long gone. By that time, she will probably be played by Keke Palmer (who is 20 now but could be in her 30's by the time Monica is in the MCU if it lasts that long).

Right now, Wasp is our only chance to have a black woman in the MCU unless Misty becomes a supporting player in Iron Fist. I have no doubt that we will have a black male as an Avenger (Black Panther, Rhodey, Falcon) and more women (Scarlet Witch, maybe Wasp and maybe Ms. Marvel) but I have my doubts about seeing a Black woman as either an Avenger or Defender.

Again, if Rashida Jones ends up being Janet Van Dyne, we will have are first black female in the MCU that is not playing an alien.

As an Asian American, I hope we see Shang Chi.

Having said that, I'll be stunned if Misty does not appear in Iron Fist.

Yeah, Misty is a bit of a lock if you're doing 13 episodes of Iron Fist. Collen Wing isn't too far behind, honestly. As for Monica, time will tell, but you're right, it might be 10 years out.

Most great showrunners are writers or have little production credits before their big hit show, Vince being an example, it's very difficult to suggest a showrunner, the best we can do is pray it will be a good one.

Well you could be extra nerdy and suggest a favourite TV writer that hasn't been a showrunner yet like Rescue Me/The Walking Dead's Evan Reilly.

Kurt Sutter and his writers will also be free after next year when Sons of Anarchy ends. Jack Kenny and Warehouse 13 writers will be looking for work.

Glen Mazzara is still a free agent and Charles H. Eglee has a great resume to run a Marvel series.

David Slade was going to direct Daredevil for Fox but things never worked out and then he went to direct the pilot for Hannibal and a couple more episodes. Would anyone want him for the pilot?

I hope they use this Defenders saga as a way to introduce many of the lesser known Marvel heroes and villains. Just like what Arrow does for DC; and what Agents of SHIELD so far, sadly, hasn't done. This is such an opportunity to let characters like The Punisher, Moon Knight, etc. shine.

I really hope to see a Moon Knight cameo. Hell, I'll settle for an easter egg.

Yeah, Misty is a bit of a lock if you're doing 13 episodes of Iron Fist. Collen Wing isn't too far behind, honestly. As for Monica, time will tell, but you're right, it might be 10 years out.

Misty could be one of the connecting links between the Defenders and the MCU, depending on if she has her bionic arm by the time she's introduced in Iron Fist. It would be very simple as she could say that her arm was made by Tony Stark and made of vibranium.

Of course, this is if they choose not to introduce Jennifer Walters in Daredevil (before She Hulk). They can easily do both though. It would be very simple and they would move on from it.

Of course, this is if they choose not to introduce Jennifer Walters in Daredevil (before She Hulk). They can easily do both though. It would be very simple and they would move on from it.

I would love for them to introduce Jennifer Walters in Daredevil and then have her in the next Hulk movie as She-Hulk.

Misty could be one of the connecting links between the Defenders and the MCU, depending on if she has her bionic arm by the time she's introduced in Iron Fist. It would be very simple as she could say that her arm was made by Tony Stark and made of vibranium.

I think it'd be cool if Misty was just a normal Cop at first, and then as part of Iron Fist's (or Daredevil's!) story she lost her arm, and then she gets one from Stark towards the end of IF's series.

I think it'd be cool if Misty was just a normal Cop at first, and then as part of Iron Fist's (or Daredevil's!) story she lost her arm, and then she gets one from Stark towards the end of IF's series.

:up:
I'd rather she got her arm from elsewhere though. Expand the Universe a bit more to show Tony isn't the only tech guy out there.

So who would you cast as Misty Knight? Originally my pick is Rosario Dawson, although I am not sure she wants to do TV.

So who would you cast as Misty Knight? Originally my pick is Rosario Dawson, although I am not sure she wants to do TV.

Eh. Her career isn't big enough for her to convincingly be above it, but I don't think she'd be a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"