Marvel should secure Megan Fox for a role

I understand people badmouthing her as an actress, but any of us pretending that she is not ridiculously hot is almost funny. But no, I can't find a place for her in a Marvel film off the top of my head. Black Cat was the first to pop into my head, solely for wanting to see her in the costume.

Megan Fox sucks. Yes, she is extremely hot, but she has little to no talent, and I think her whole "I don't care about the business" attitude is a defense mechanism because she knows she sucks.

Maybe as some **** Tony Stark bangs or Deadpool fantasizes about...

Other than that... nein, danke.

Why?

Yeah, she's hot, but I don't think she's played a role yet that isn't based on her looks. Pretty girls are a dime a dozen in Hollywood.

Agreed. And I won't even go so far as to call her hot. She's just...average to me. And a mediocre actress at best.

Guys don't be so harsh on the poor girl. . . she can be Girl In the Diner #4. No lines required.

I think even that is too much. I've never liked the idea of casting based on name, fame, looks, popularity, or ANY reason other than suitability for the role. Why should a studio look for a role to give someone who is nothing more than eye candy?

Well if it is a role that is nothing more than eye candy she could be suitable.

I understand people badmouthing her as an actress, but any of us pretending that she is not ridiculously hot is almost funny. But no, I can't find a place for her in a Marvel film off the top of my head. Black Cat was the first to pop into my head, solely for wanting to see her in the costume.
Noone's pretending anything. It's a matter of personal taste. And where you see ridiculously hot, I see ridiculously over-rated.

I'd love for Megan Fox to prove herself as an actress (and by extension proving me wrong about her), by going method and playing down her looks (think Charlize Theron in Monster), but I don't think it's very likely. She seems content with basically being a talking mannequin.

well to be fair those type roles may be the only ones she is offered

well to be fair those type roles may be the only ones she is offered
Yes, but she's famous enough now to be able to seek out more varied (better) roles.

I dont think so. Producers have pretty much the same opinion as we do. People generally dont have a good feeling on her acting ability. she could possible be a good actress but we will never see it because she keeps getting offered "hot girl" roles.
Put yourself in a casting director's place if you are casting a movie for Scoresee and you are looking for the lead female role and its between Megan Fox and Charlise Theron who are you going to pick????

I dont think so. Producers have pretty much the same opinion as we do. People generally dont have a good feeling on her acting ability. she could possible be a good actress but we will never see it because she keeps getting offered "hot girl" roles.
Put yourself in a casting director's place if you are casting a movie for Scoresee and you are looking for the lead female role and its between Megan Fox and Charlise Theron who are you going to pick????
It's hard to put myself in a casting director's shoes, since I know next to nothing about the process, but if Megan Fox heavily lobbied for the role and made it clear she was out to push/prove herself as an actress, I could see her landing a role like that.

I don't think it helps her credibility as an actress that she was replaced by an underwear model in Transformers 3.

Megan Fox sucks. Yes, she is extremely hot, but she has little to no talent, and I think her whole "I don't care about the business" attitude is a defense mechanism because she knows she sucks.
I always hate when someone famous has that mentality, I mean if you don't like the business so much then quit.

Marvel should secure a Javelin to throw at Megan Fox's head.

I was going to type some whitty comment when I first saw this but after reading the first two pages I can't beat what is already written. Nuff sed!

I see why Hollywood can't take fanboys seriously if we start suggesting crap actresses' like Fox for roles. Seriously what is wrong with people?

This is why they thought we'd go for "Catwoman", "Batman & Robin", and "The Spirit". This is why we keep getting movies based on video games. This is why we get horrible female leads time & time again. This is why Fox was replaced by an underwear model. Because they don't take us seriously & we don't give them a whole lot of reason to.

Because fans dont make or break a movie...the GA does. Look at JJ's Star Trek. I am a fan of Star Trek and I love this movie. However the serious spock-ears starfleet uniform wearing to work diehards hated the film. The film went on to make a lot of money. I dont think any of the movies did as much as JJ's flick. So that tells Hollywood that the real money isnt in the fans...but in a mass appeal movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"