Born Again Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again General Discussion Thread

Do we want Elodie Yung back as Elektra?

I'd rather have someone who looks Greek and is more accurate to the comics.
6xo9q2.jpg

6ww5le.gif
6ww43c.gif

6ww4qm.jpg

Thought she looked great and visually captured Miller's and Sienkiewicz's Elektra, especially the profile.
Also her French/Anglo accent conveyed a somewhat exotic well traveled, educated abroad etc., as per the character.
She worked great as Elektra for me.
Absolutely, she just needs a good on-going story (still plenty of source material), a bit of a costume update, and maybe the harsh bangs.

Last edited:

Sure at some point. But I think with Daredevil we have moved beyond Elektra at this point, so I would rather they not focus on Elektra and the Hand again. But have Elektra show up somewhere or even get a D+ series? Sure

i liked elodie as elektra.

but any recast will have ALOT of daredevil netflix fans going nuts that it's not canon.

who wouldn't want to see a few episodes dedicated to matt having to deal with elektra while jen/she-hulk is visiting for the week?

who wouldn't want to see a few episodes dedicated to matt having to deal with elektra while jen/she-hulk is visiting for the week?
Oh yes.

Elodie Yung looked fine as Elektra, the problem was everything else with the portrayal. Its impossible to say how much was her limits as an actress, and how much was badly conceived writing and directing ( I lean to "mostly writing/directing" ), but I would be entirely okay with a recast and reconceive.

Basically, Elektra needs two things to work properly:

1. She needs to be an *appealing* Toxic Ex-Girlfriend, someone who even as the audience recognizes they are a bad influence, still wants to also stick around.

2. She needs to have coherent motives and ideals separate from serving as a living macguffin.

Title is misleading, but I do think it's interesting that specifically Jessica Henwick's Colleen was mentioned, since she didn't interact much with Matt. Also of note is that Henwick has gained more prominence in movies like the Matrix and has specifically declined a role in Shang-Chi because that would mean giving up on a potential return as Colleen.

Charlie Cox Endorses Jessica Henwick as MCU's Iron Fist - Murphy's Multiverse

I'm sort of ambivalent about Elodie Yung returning. Like if there is a role for Elektra, I'd like her to return.

But I'm also just sour on how things were left with her in Defenders and Defenders in general. It just really left a bad taste in my mouth. It really feels like they had no idea what they were doing with Elektra, The Hand, Alexandra, Black Sky, The Chaste, Stick, everything.

I think the way they introduced her was close to perfect. And then they did all that nonsense with her being psychotic killing the hand ninja and then Stick turning on her and then her being the Black Sky.

None of that made any sense. I kind of want to move on from it. But if they can do it well and fix it, I'd be open to the idea.

Kind of makes me sad, since it's not completely Finn Jones' fault, but people just didn't really like or get attached to Danny.

I mean his show was basically sabotaged, unintentionally more than likely, by the powers that be at the time and Scott Buck. They really had no idea what they were doing with Iron Fist.

Granted, some were definitely biased against him from the get-go.

Title is misleading, but I do think it's interesting that specifically Jessica Henwick's Colleen was mentioned, since she didn't interact much with Matt. Also of note is that Henwick has gained more prominence in movies like the Matrix and has specifically declined a role in Shang-Chi because that would mean giving up on a potential return as Colleen.

She didn't, but she is the current Iron Fist if she is still around. And Danny left New York and left New York in her hands.

DD's costume looks rather cheap, especially in the daytime, and it looks bulky. I hope for his series that he gets a better looking costume. I think even the Affleck mask which was more moulded looked better, and certainly the more vibrant red colour. Give DD something that looks less padded and more form fitting. Just because they call it armour doesn't mean it has to look like armour. Black Panther's vibranium-laced 'armour' doesn't look padded at all.

I'd prefer something closer to the fittedness of Spider-Man or Black Panther's costume.

Kind of makes me sad, since it's not completely Finn Jones' fault, but people just didn't really like or get attached to Danny.

I mean his show was basically sabotaged, unintentionally more than likely, by the powers that be at the time and Scott Buck. They really had no idea what they were doing with Iron Fist.

Granted, some were definitely biased against him from the get-go.

It's partly Finn Jones's portrayal though that made people not like Danny. He wasn't the best actor, and his fighting skills looked poor. Plus having his beard and curly hair didn't help him.

And having Scott Buck on board is another nail in the coffin. If Buck had his way, he'd have Danny lose his powers within the first 15 minutes and only regain them in the 13th episode. In the Inhumans he had Medusa's hair chopped off within 15 minutes or Karnak injure his head so that they wouldn't have to show their powers. What a cheapskate.

Oh, didn’t realise she turned down Shang-Chi for that reason. Sounds like she’s dedicated to the character then. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"