Born Again Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again General Discussion Thread

Season 3's writers should have carried over.

But I'll take any Charlie as Matt I can get.

I'm just concerned we are going to get a major shift in tone. I don't think we would have gotten the DD shows we did if they were produced by Disney.

No thanks. Other than Loki none of these D+ shows have worked for me. Haven’t gotten around to MK. I’m not interested.

I don’t think it’s prudent to make any decision just yet. We don’t know enough

Very excited for this as the original Netflix series is probably my favourite thing Marvel has done, I just hope it isn’t jarringly different in tone.

They can't just pump this one out like they've been doing the rest of these Disney Plus shows, it has to have some more A-game work behind it lol. I think the best Marvel shows they've done were Loki and Wandavision but either of them still aren't on the level of Netflix Daredevil at its best. It's a tall order but I'm happy it's being attempted, DD's too good of a character to not keep going with what they already built up.

Very excited for this as the original Netflix series is probably my favourite thing Marvel has done, I just hope it isn’t jarringly different in tone.

I'm OK with doing some things differently. Like I wouldn't mind seeing more costumes, more costumed vigilantes, and maybe some more swinging stunts with the billy club.

In S2, Daredevil does a really cool building with the billy club all but once. We need more moments like that in a new series. Here's a video of what I'm referring to:

Cool! Hope they don’t feel like they have to make it more family friendly

I don’t think it’s prudent to make any decision just yet. We don’t know enough

Given Marvel's track record with shows so far, we have more than enough to make some educated guesses. For one, it won't be the same tone as the original series and two, it'll probably have a terrible final episode.

I'll be skipping this one.

Given Marvel's track record with shows so far, we have more than enough to make some educated guesses. For one, it won't be the same tone as the original series and two, it'll probably have a terrible final episode.

I'll be skipping this one.
I agree with all that, but it's Daredevil so I will check it out and hope for the best.

I agree with all that, but it's Daredevil so I will check it out and hope for the best.
It could be. It could be a lot of things so I tend to agree with you.

The best way I think to approach this is not to expect the same level of quality as the Netflix series, because I just don't see us getting that based on the Disney Plus we have gotten shows so far.

That being said I still think this could be a good follow-up to the Netflix series as long as its not a drastic change in tone and if the writing is at least on par with some of the better Disney Plus shows like WandaVision.

I’m not sure that the tone of the Netflix series is all that different than the tone of Falcon and Winter Soldier. With the exception of the Matt/Elektra scene in season 2, DD didn’t have the sexual content that Luke Cage had. And the violence could be toned a bit with more implied off-camera stuff ala Johnny Walker bludgeoning the guy with the shield and still maintain the overall tone of the original DD.

It’s not like Netflix DD was Game of Thrones.

What are we thinking for costume?
Now that it's with Marvel Studios I think he can have a costume that's a bit more saturated and comic accurate maybe? I'm thinking something similar to the Ultimate Alliance 3 costume would be a good step that looks like a natural evolution of his red costume on the Netflix show that gets the DD on his chest and a bit more color.
FTJvmb-XEAMMXVi

You're right... DD was better.
Agreed. And it achieved that feat while not showing boobies or extreme gore. The strong violence that DD did show could certainly have been toned down or implied and there would’ve been no drop in quality.

I'm just concerned we are going to get a major shift in tone. I don't think we would have gotten the DD shows we did if they were produced by Disney.

After watching Moon Knight and knowing this will probably not be MA or R my expectations are as low as they can get.

That's also what I'm worried about. Some of the fights in DareDevil were brutal, and Matt often got hurt pretty bad. Plus all the other adult themes on the show. I don't think we're going to get that again on Disney.
I’m not sure that the tone of the Netflix series is all that different than the tone of Falcon and Winter Soldier. With the exception of the Matt/Elektra scene in season 2, DD didn’t have the sexual content that Luke Cage had. And the violence could be toned a bit with more implied off-camera stuff ala Johnny Walker bludgeoning the guy with the shield and still maintain the overall tone of the original DD.

It’s not like Netflix DD was Game of Thrones.

I hope you're right. I'm just concerned they'll turn this into something closer to Moon Knight and Hawkeye :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"