Echo Marvel Studios' Echo General Discussion Thread

Review embargo matches the messy production we've heard. I will still probably check it out, but my expectations are very much in check.

Hmm, that’s not a great sign. :dry:

this may have been posted already, my apologies if it has been. navigating the Marvel TV series section of this forum is a bit clumsy. Please lock the thread if it has been posted.

I'm glad they got rid of the mustard yellow suit. Was worried we might be stuck with that now.

Hmm, that’s not a great sign. :dry:
My suspicion is that they're flaunting the Daredevil fight to offset the potentially bad reviews. Otherwise why spoil that to get people to watch it? It's streaming so it's not like they have a box office gross to worry about. They could have just as easily saved that surprise for when it drops because social media would naturally be buzzing about it regardless and thus get more traction for the show but the fact that they let that out of the bag early makes me think they don't have much confidence in it.

My suspicion is that they're flaunting the Daredevil fight to offset the potentially bad reviews. Otherwise why spoil that to get people to watch it? It's streaming so it's not like they have a box office gross to worry about. They could have just as easily saved that surprise for when it drops because social media would naturally be buzzing about it regardless and thus get more traction for the show but the fact that they let that out of the bag early makes me think they don't have much confidence in it.
With the Netflix model of the entire series being dropped at once surprise means little when the time zones start flipping and more folks wake up.
And any surprise boost would get lost among the reviews that are dropped with the embargo being lifted at the last second.

With the Netflix model of the entire series being dropped at once surprise means little when the time zones start flipping and more folks wake up.
And any surprise boost would get lost among the reviews that are dropped with the embargo being lifted at the last second.
True but dropping that scene a week out from release is still quite a bit different than the day of.

First of all – mild spoiler – Daredevil's new suit in Echo will be a red one (as opposed to the classic yellow suit we saw in She-Hulk: Attorney at Law). As Palmer explained to Phaze Zero's Brandon Davis, the suit is indeed a variation of the costume that Charlie Cox first debuted in the Netflix Daredevil series:

"It was a new take on the Netflix suit," Palmer said, "Which was designed originally by Ryan Minorbing who is our head of visual development for a decade at Marvel Studios. He came in and we said 'We want to honor classic Daredevil; we want to do a little bit different than Netflix just because we've got to. And Ryan came in and tweaked it a little bit. I think it's... I don't want to get too into the weeds about the suit – I mean I do because it's awesome and Ryan's awesome. It's kind of closer to the She-Hulk suit, but a little more red, in the most blatant terms. But it was our way of just trying to get the quintessential Daredevil onto the screen in this sequence."

True but dropping that scene a week out from release is still quite a bit different than the day of.

Could also be they figured they'd get a bigger new subscriber boost from dropping that scene than if they'd just relied solely on the show's release. Especially if the show is actually pretty meh.

The producer hinted at cameos from other MCU characters, and in this case, one character has ties to Daredevil that makes sense for Echo:

Brett Mahoney

I see that Devery Jacobs was cast as Kahhori in What If, but then she was also cast in Echo as a completely different character. What's the idea of casting her in Echo or as Kahhori? If Kahhori were to become a bigger character in the MCU, then surely they could've also saved her for the live action version instead of being a minor character in Echo?
Probably a situation where she auditioned and got casted for both projects around the same time. Has happened in the past. Either way, I don't see it being too big of a deal.

Last edited:
The production and everything we've heard so far is not great, the marketing/promotion has been tepid and the review embargo/all episodes at once isn't a great sign.... but damn the trailers look sooo good!!!

View attachment 76852
Color me surprised if this gets good reviews.

I for one, didn't like the trailer. It looked cheap.

There isn’t much to flaunt about that fighting clip. I totally agreed it was a rather awkward fight. It’s from someone who has been doing combat sports for over 2 decades and does give a lot of leeways to TV/movie staged fights.

This show has too many red flags at this point. Really genuinely hope it's good, but I've set my expectations very low for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"