Marvel Studios' X-Men: The Roster

Iger is done with that "political" stuff. :o
Someone's existence isn't "political.' Sane and rational people don't see people's existence as "political." Thus it is obvious he never said that he would no longer show how diverse people are. In fact, he said the exact opposite -

"During last week’s interview, Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) CEO Bob Iger clearly stated Disney's main mission is to capture broad and increasingly diverse audiences."

It's safe to say that Iger thankfully doesn't align with the racists and homophobes demanding for entire communities to be erased and ignored on film just because it makes bigots mad.

Last edited:
I'd actually like to see the X-Men in the MCU as civilians before they become X-Men and then down the road they actually form the team.

My picks for the team would be:

Storm- I could see her being a "face" of the MCU. She's a great character which is the main thing (and she also "ticks boxes" so DIsney will get their money's worth with her.) They could eventually have her form a relationship with Shuri's Black Panther since she had a releationship with Black Panther in the comics and T'Challa is dead (although his son is also called T'Challa so he might be the one she has a relationship with). However, let her grow as a character before they throw her in a relationship with anybody.

Gambit- Not necessarily a full team member but an ally who often ends up fighting alongside the team because of his friendship with Storm.

Cyclops- Because you can't have the X-Men without Cyclops.

Jean Grey- Because you can't have Cyclops without Jean Grey.

Rogue- But only after they have her kill Captain Marvel. She won't be on the initial team but would join them further down the line (which then also paves the way for Gambit joining full time)

Wolverine- He's kind of expected because he's a "big name" but they could use him elsewhere if they choose to cover Weapon X ad Alpha Flight and then just have him as part of the ensemble for the X-Men movies.

Jubilee- Have her be older than a teenager but still the youngest member of the team so we get the same dynamic but avoid the teen angst.

They could either use the X-Men animated series line up or the X-Men evolution line up.

I wonder how many additional "Featuring X-Related Spin-offs" we'll get.

Stuff like X-Force and X-Factor, Excalibur, X-Force Investigations, New Mutants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"