Sequels Marvel Studios' X-Men?

wolverine In infinity was isn't going to happen.earliest reboot of X-Men will
happen is after deadpool III In 2020.

I still find it amusing people think Fox would just say to disney they can have
X-men for nothing.

I really don't see Joss Whedon doing any other comic book films again.Russio Brothers doing X-men at some point after untitled avengers film maybe.

A reboot will happen in 2020? You are posting that like its for certain.

We shall see, I won't have a problem anyway especially if the films get more messy in the next 4 years and reboot would mean a clean slate for everyone.

while I shouldn't bother my point has been after deadpool III In 2020 fox could decide to reboot if following happens

1:New mutants Isn't seen as great success in 2018
2:X-force In Deadpool III Isn't overly loved by people
3:If reynolds diva behavior causes problems with him and Fox

at one point origins was suspose to spin-off gambit and deadpool films and cyclops and other prisoners in origins was suspose to led to different take on first class.

my stance is reboot just makes time and money on films in series a waste.

SOme won't be happy since in all likelyhood it would be fox rebooting not giving it to disney.and any X-Men reboot would be more and more ultimate X-Men the movie nomatter who does it.Incredible Hulk,Amazing Spider-man,FF<and Spider-man:Homecoming.That is why i didn't like idea of mark Millar as consulant for fox although that seemed to be pointless move by fox.

Just as like Spider-man i can quit seeing new films and i have 3 good films to watch at home-Spider-man,Spider-man 2,and Amazing Spider-man I will have at least 4 X-men films i really like-X-Men,X2,DOFP,APocalypse and one Spin-off i really Like-The Wolverine to watch at home

while I shouldn't bother my point has been after deadpool III In 2020 fox could decide to reboot if following happens

1:New mutants Isn't seen as great success in 2018
2:X-force In Deadpool III Isn't overly loved by people
3:If reynolds diva behavior causes problems with him and Fox

And people thought I was trashing New Mutants.:o

And people thought I was trashing New Mutants.:o

I am not one hoping it fails.your the one pushing for reboot which makes logan,new mutants,and deadpool II & III waste of time and money.I in dealing with reality of situation of what could led to reboot.I am not hoping for new mutants to fail.

And you think I am hoping for New Mutants to fail. No I don't. My concerns would be proven right once again but X-Men will be the big loser here if the New Mutants underperform just Apocalypse and I don't want that to happen.

And a lot of people wanted a reboot for a long time and I doubt they've been hoping the series to fail since then.

I am not one hoping it fails.your the one pushing for reboot which makes logan,new mutants,and deadpool II & III waste of time and money.I in dealing with reality of situation of what could led to reboot.I am not hoping for new mutants to fail.

and you bring up legitimate arguments. Nothing wrong with that.

Ignoring fact I don't think all of MCU films are great first class was prequel
to original trilogy you can't have the exsisting X-Men when xavier and magneto are in their late 20's.first class marketing was based on idea it was back story of xavier and magneto.

Like I said, then Vaughn/Fox/et al shouldn't have had Storm and Cyclops cameo in their Cerebro montage. It only flashed for a few seconds but it decimates their argument that those two characters would not have been born then.

All the FOX victimization and excuses here are getting really tiresome.

You can't say Apocalypse had a poor plot, because "its an adaptation of Fall of the Mutants"
You can't say X-Men haven't been accurate enough, even with them wearing black on screen for years, because "the Avengers costumes aren't that accurate!" "Marvel takes like a few liberties!"
You can't say you dislike this current Mystique, because "in some obscure comic Mystique was an X-Man and Married Xavier!" "she's a female character!"
You can't say you don't want JLaw in these movies anymore, because she "has to be in it because she was at the end of Apocalypse with the X-Men" even though even she doesn't want to!!
You can't say JLaw gives a bad performance, because "her character is different than Rebecca Romjin's!!!"

You guys want to have it both ways: you don't care or make up an excuse when they stray from the source material, like "The X-Men shouldn't wear colorful costumes because X and Y reasons", but you also like to give credit when things line up with some comic, obscure or not. So which is it?

:whatever:

*standing O* :woot:

I'd rather hear it straight from someone working at fox tbh because there is alot of questions to take into consideration otherwise like what would that have meant for her character? would she have always been in make up for this movie? even with her being recognized by everyone after the event of DOFP? or was that all created just for lawrence and not a singer wanting to explore a world where mutants are accepted because of what happened?

And obviously with it all coming from the same team who decided hank creates a serum to look normal again which i wouldn't have called necessary either.

I heard it straight from several people working on the movie and they loved JLaw so I don't think they were making stuff up.

Though I would think JLaw also counts as "someone working at fox" and you don't even believe her when she says she "put her foot down" so what's the friggin point. :cwink:

Though I would think JLaw also counts as "someone working at fox" and you don't even believe her when she says she "put her foot down" so what's the friggin point. :cwink:

Because she may have been playing around like she often does in interviews, Heck even you said she might have been.

Whether it was JLaw asking nicely; putting her foot down (ie. though she might've been joking then a la Halle's "I whipped out my Oscar statuette"); or Kinberg and Singer writing it without any direct influence from JLaw is debatable.

Last edited:
Like I said, then Vaughn/Fox/et al shouldn't have had Storm and Cyclops cameo in their Cerebro montage. It only flashed for a few seconds but it decimates their argument that those two characters would not have been born then.

*standing O* :woot:

I heard it straight from several people working on the movie and they loved JLaw so I don't think they were making stuff up.

Unlike many here i don't think Vaughn is god and singer a hack.First Class is most overated film In franchise.your right kids in that cerebro sequenze that looked like cyclops and storm was stupid thing.

There is little doudt lawrence used her clot to get out of makeup.

Because she may have been playing around like she often does in interviews, Heck even you said she might have been.

When all signs and evidence in the world point to one thing and one person refuses to see it that way...

When all signs and evidence in the world point to one thing and one person refuses to see it that way...

When there is so much other stuff to take into consideration but some are so focused on one thing to give it any thought.

Last edited:
Double post

Last edited:
Honestly, your opinion hasn't mattered ever since you've posted that you're fine with them turning Storm into Quicksilver's twin.

honestly, time to grow up,...

Congratulations to Jennifer Lawrence to persistently resist becoming available for online fanboy desires. It is a job. It's a paycheck. Why should she pretend that Mystique is the most important character she ever played in her career. She is not pandering to online fanboy trolls like you. And that is a good thing.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Jennifer Lawrence to persistently resist becoming available for online fanboy desires. It is a job. It's a paycheck.
That explains why her performance is so lifeless. Thinking about the paycheck only I see.

Good for you if that's what you want!

Remember when Mystique said that the kids needed to embrace their powers and then the camera cuts to Beast's face?

I just rewatched this scene. I didn't read it to mean Beast finally accepted his blue form.

Last edited:
honestly, time to grow up,...

Congratulations to Jennifer Lawrence to persistently resist becoming available for online fanboy desires. It is a job. It's a paycheck. Why should she pretend that Mystique is the most important character she ever played in her career.

*Jim Carrey voice*

"And the truth...shall set you FREEEE!"

*Jim Carrey voice*

Anyways, Kinberg is reportedly still working on script duties.

New year, more positive vibes.

Let's name off positive things that Kinberg brings to the X-men franchise, as a writer.

Who wants to start?

Last edited:
Let's name off positive things that Kinberg brings to the X-men franchise, as a writer.

Who wants to start?

sassy-cher-lloyd-um-yeah-gif.gif

any future X-Men full film will be different since bryan Singer is gone from
X-Men.now as for whedon i am not sure the whedon of today is right fit for X-Men after pilot episode of AOS and AOU.

How do you know that Bryan Singer is finally gone?

Phase Five:
May 2022: Marvel's Uncanny X-Men
Starring: Professor Charles Xavier, Scott Summers, Jean Grey, Warren Worthington III, Henry McCoy, Bobby Drake, Alexander Summers, Lorna Dane
Premise: The Uncanny X-Men against the mutant hunting Sentinels and Bastion!

May 2023: Marvel's Fantastic Four: Earth coming

May 2024: Marvel's Astonishing X-Men
Starring: Ororo Munroe, Rogue, Remy Lebeau, James Howlett, Piotr Rasputin, Elisabeth Braddock, Kurt Wagner, Katherine Pryce
Premise: Featuring the other X-Men squad teased during the end credits scene of the Uncanny X-Men, its the worldwide X-Men versus the Marauders! Mutants versus mutants!

February 2025: Marvel's Silver Surfer

May 2025: Marvel's Avengers: Silver & Fantastic

Phase Six:
May 2026: Marvel's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Sub Mariner

May 2027: Marvel's X-Men Legacy
Premise: Its the Uncanny and the Astonishing all in 1 film!

February 2028: Marvel's Silver Surfer: The Dark Space

May 2028: Marvel's Avengers Versus X-Men
Premise: Two worlds collide. The end result isn't so pretty as for the Scarlet Witch decimates the mutant population oh my!

Phase Seven:
May 2029: Marvel's Fantastic Four: Annihilation

May 2030: Marvel's X-Men: Decimation
Premise: 198 mutants against the world.

February 2031: Marvel's Silver Surfer: The Galactic War

May 2031: Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members