Marvel took away my Thing.

Darthphere

Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
In case you guys didnt know, The Thing is cancelled with #8.

Im sorry Dan, we didnt pull hard enough.:(

Sigh. Morons. Marvel has their tastebuds in their ass.

Sorry, Dan. DC could always use more amazing writers :)

Marvel needs Dan Slott like a fat kid loves cake. Stop whooing him to the other side.

Son of a ****ing *****. Great, so that's one less QUALITY book from Marvel. Now we get more JMS an' BMB spooge soaked pages of refried uninspired crap.

Put Dan on Amazing Spider-Man right ****ing now, Marvel!!!:mad: :spidey: :mad: :spidey:

Darthphere said:
Marvel needs Dan Slott like a fat kid loves cake. Stop whooing him to the other side.

DC gave Gotham Central 40 issues, Manhunter 25 issues, and Plastic Man 20 issues... they would've held on to a low-selling Slott title longer. However, I wonder if Slott's intricate knowledge of continuity extends to the DCU.

Lackey said:
DC gave Gotham Central 40 issues, Manhunter 25 issues, and Plastic Man 20 issues... they would've held on to a low-selling Slott title longer. However, I wonder if Slott's intricate knowledge of continuity extends to the DCU.

Look you sons of *****es, DC has plenty of good writers Dan is all us Marvel fans have left.:(

Darthphere said:
FF is good.:(

Yes it is. And I'll pick JMS over Slott anyday.

Not Bendis though. :)

Darthphere said:
In case you guys didnt know, The Thing is cancelled with #8.

Im sorry Dan, we didnt pull hard enough.:(

It wouldn't make a difference,.. we have previous examples of how Marvel is messed up in the head this way.

I remember Panther, Swamp Thing, Howard, West Coast, Force Works, SpiderWoman, Wonderman (yuck), Heroes for Hire, Cage, all good concepts cut or canceled when in most cases their numbers were higher than editor fav's like Ironman or Thor,....

The only exception I'm aware of was Spidergirl.

The worst part is that I never got to read it.:( My shop didn't carry it.

I'm gonna buy the TPB. Mabey then they might start it up again.:thing:

Yeah, but how long before they discover they were chosen by mystical cosmic gods to become th' FF and get all new powers like the ability to eat faces from 20 yards?

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Yeah, but how long before they discover they were chosen by mystical cosmic gods to become th' FF and get all new powers like the ability to eat faces from 20 yards?

15 issues.

Darthphere said:
Look you sons of *****es, DC has plenty of good writers Dan is all us Marvel fans have left.:(
Brubaker

This is f'in horrible. Hopefully we'll see Lockjaw in FF issues as a reminder of this great, short lived book.

Orko Is King said:
Put Dan on Amazing Spider-Man right ****ing now, Marvel!!!:mad: :spidey: :mad: :spidey:

Has Dan ever written Spidey before? I'm curious as to how he'd do Peter's humor.

Darthphere said:
Why do you always have to go and be such a smartass?:(
How am I smartass? you said there were no good writers at Marvel other than Slott, I provided counter evidence

Colossal Spoons said:
Has Dan ever written Spidey before? I'm curious as to how he'd do Peter's humor.
He did a Spider-Man/Human Torch miniseries last year, and it was great

Spidey also appeared in the last issue of thing, and awhile back in She-Hulk

Elijya said:
How am I smartass? you said there were no good writers at Marvel other than Slott, I provided counter evidence

It was hyperbole.:(

Elijya said:
He did a Spider-Man/Human Torch miniseries last year, and it was great

Spidey also appeared in the last issue of thing, and awhile back in She-Hulk

I always meant to pick up the Spidey/HT mini. I hesitated cuz I figured too many funny guys would spoil the broth, ya know. Imagine a book with Spidey, Iceman, Deadpool, and Torch. Overkill.

I loved his Spidey in the last Thing issue.

Lackey said:

and marvel gave spidergirl, captain marvel and black panther a lot more than that.

I don't think it's intrinsically true that dc would hold on longer.

Doc Destruction said:
I would agree with that statement up until I read Deadly Genesis. Then...not so much.

Hmmm 1 out of 3 titles. That means 2/3 of his titles are good, which equals 66%.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"