Marvel Zombies!

Meh, I'll just read Walking Dead if I want zombies.

Marvel Zombies seems a bit silly to me, too. I've never really been a huge fan of zombies anyway.

It's nice to see that somebody remembered the Watchtower was smack dab on top of Avengers Tower, though. I keep seeing the Watchtower and Avengers Tower portrayed as separate buildings for some reason. :confused:

TheCorpulent1 said:
It's nice to see that somebody remembered the Watchtower was smack dab on top of Avengers Tower, though. I keep seeing the Watchtower and Avengers Tower portrayed as separate buildings for some reason. :confused:

I didn't know that. But then again I'm not reading NA or Sentry, so I'm probably out of the loop.

At the end of the Sentry arc in New Avengers, the Watchtower appeared out of thin air, merged with Avengers Tower. While I'm still not crazy about Avengers Tower in general, I have to admit, the Watch-/Avengers Tower combo looks pretty cool. But, as you've no doubt noticed, you can't even tell that they're supposed to be the same building since everyone between the NA Sentry arc and this MTU seems to have forgotten they merged.

TheCorpulent1 said:
At the end of the Sentry arc in New Avengers, the Watchtower appeared out of thin air, merged with Avengers Tower. While I'm still not crazy about Avengers Tower in general, I have to admit, the Watch-/Avengers Tower combo looks pretty cool. But, as you've no doubt noticed, you can't even tell that they're supposed to be the same building since everyone between the NA Sentry arc and this MTU seems to have forgotten they merged.

In the original Sentry mini, wasn't the Watchtower shown to be near the water? Or am I remembering it wrong? Because if it was down near the piers, it seems it would hard for it to merge with a tower in the middle of the city.

But then again, as you've said, people don't seem to remember they're together anyway so it doesn't matter.

I don't remember where the Watchtower was in the original story. It's just jarring to keep seeing the towers together in one issue, separate in the next, together, separate... pick one already!

What the ****! The Cap-zombie got half his head cut off, and he kept on trucking. A blast to the head KILLS a zombie. Blargh.

cqb101 said:
What the ****! The Cap-zombie got half his head cut off, and he kept on trucking. A blast to the head KILLS a zombie. Blargh.

According to who? Zombies are fictional beings so you can do anything with them. Anyway, I read the zombie arc in UFF so I'm definitely picking this up.

Marvel Team-Up must be out of continuity since it appears that all the heroes are being killed.

Zombies looks like good fun. Definitely picking it up.

or they're hooked up to a vr simulater. Or the avengers in the tower were robotic constructs or clones. Or jimmy crack corn and I don't care

I love when Zombie Cap points at his head after he gets hit with his shield.

Caliber said:

Yeah. That's pretty funny. He's either like "wtf?" or "Ha! Didn't even hurt me!"

Caliber said:
Me too.

I would love if we got a regular Marvel Zombie title written by Romero.

KingOfDreams said:
Yeah. That's pretty funny. He's either like "wtf?" or "Ha! Didn't even hurt me!"

Wouldn't he fall dead (even though hes a zombie). Isn't that how you kill zombies by cutting their head off?

The zombies book is going to kick serious butt!

This is what Millar hinted at ages ago, why he didn't take up the Thor storyline he had

With this idea for UFF, he did it in a tradtional zombie movie way, but using the Marvel heroes as the killers!

Everyones main gripe was that they didn't see enough zombie violence, but this is what they were hinting at. The intro was in UFF, but now they continue in their own U for a bit. Which if you haven't noticed, I'm very much down for :)

Silly, Yes. Stupid, probably. None the less, this is going to be great fun. An insane idea, with endless ridiculously insane possibilities.

For those of us that are zombie flick fans, this is going to be crazy cool. For those of you who aren't, well, it's set in another universe, and has only been breifly touched upon in the Ultimate U. Everyone are winners! You can take it or leave it, unlike what Marvel have been doing for a long time. Shoving insane ideas down our throat and applying it to central continuity whether we like it or not.

Zombie.jpg

I may give it a look, but I'm more interested in MTU. It's not supposed to be heavily connected into continuity; the title never has. Still, it is good he recalled the Watchtower thing when NA itself has forgotten it. Naturally those "deaths" will be undone via some mystical thing or perhaps it is a dream of some sort. The point of the story is that all the A-Listers are gone and it is up to those D-Listers to save the day. Although would X-23 really be considered one of them? She's EVERYWHERE! Not too thrilled about Arana either. But the rest? Cool! I just hope Kirkman mentions that Darkhawk would be "taking a break from Excelsior" to have an adventure in New York, with a footnote about RUNAWAYS. Hey, may as well actually promote a low selling Marvel title just as well as they promoted a better selling Image title, right?

Right!?

Plus, with Dagger there, and not in a coma, it has to be taking place before the last issue of RUNAWAYS.

so did zombie hulk get magneto or what?

Looks like they all got him. Poor guy.

But hey, remember from UFF... these were intelligent, articulate zombies. Normally the most dialogue you ever get out of a zombie is "Urrrghhh", so clearly, there's something different about these ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"