Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

OK so is Deke gone since Fitz is gone?

Thanks

DOC

I don't think so. Deke told Daisy he'd be gone when they came back and I think he is just off somewhere. He's from a different timeline now, I don't think he can just be unmade.

I don't think so. Deke told Daisy he'd be gone when they came back and I think he is just off somewhere. He's from a different timeline now, I don't think he can just be unmade.

OK thanks

So technically Fitz-Simmons aren't married now. Since Fitzcicle didn't ask or participate in the ceremony... 'yet'.

:D

Was very surprised they didn't bring Deathlock back one last time.

Also... Can someone refresh my memory... what did Coulson get for his deal with Ghostrider? Like I believe I remember him dying is a side effect of that.... but why did he make the deal? For some reason I feel like something was unresolved with all that ... though it has been 5 months.

Last edited:
Deke will still exist because FitzSimmons will still have kids.

My guess is that he's hanging out doing nothing with Deathlok, Mockingbird and Ghost Rider.

Well.....that was a heartbreaking episode.

Deke will still exist because FitzSimmons will still have kids.

My guess is that he's hanging out doing nothing with Deathlok, Mockingbird and Ghost Rider.

Given that Gemma puked when she found out about Deke, I still wonder if she is already pregnant.

I totally forgot about the Fitz that is still cryo-sleeping.

All this time travel, great for storytelling, but man, I was confused as hell during that conversation.

Gotta be honest, that's one of the most clever ways to "kill" and "resurrect" a character.

I'm so confused.

Is Fitz dead? Did Coulson die, because why is he and May in Tahiti?

They went to actual Tahiti.

I'm so confused.

Is Fitz dead? Did Coulson die, because why is he and May in Tahiti?

Coulson will die but actually in Tahiti this time.

Fitz is still in cryosleep in space. Remember, the whole gang went back in time so Fitz is still in his slumber, somewhere in space. Season 6 will be them trying to find him, probably. Enoch is probably still alive with him too.

OK so is Deke gone since Fitz is gone?

Thanks

DOC

That's what I don't get. If he disappeared why not show it and if he didn't vanish why didn't he appear anywhere after the first 20 minutes

I've forgotten...where exactly is Fitz sleeping it off? Did he go off to some other planet or something?

He is on Enoch's ship wherever he decided to hide it for the decades

I must have missed that line
He didn't want to spend his life in the lighthouse so stocked his future room and left to see a bit more of earth with the thought the theory would be right and he might disappear.

So come season 6 they can say the theory was wrong, recover Fitz and meet Enoch again. And then there is the retired May and Coulson. Do they let him go as not needed for the Avengers tie anymore?

Now that the season is over and we have....most of the information we have wanted since the first episode, we can start to piece things together. However, is this multiple timelines or one timeline constantly changing?

The fact that they were afraid Deke might go poof lends to a single timeline.

So, if we take the timeline of the agents that we know....it was obvious that Talbot was going to be the one to tear apart the Earth. However, since he was going to absorb Quake, did he need her power to do it?

Since Yo-Yo warns the Yo-Yo we know in the future, then that Yo-Yo has already been through the events we saw leading up to Talbot failing and survives to 2091. She speaks of the loop, so she had already been to the future and then gone back since she is the seer Kassius has.

Now, does this mean there is a version of the timeline where the agents are unaware of the impending destruction, where it happens for the first time? How did it happen in that first version of the timeline?

Would you say their knowledge of the Earth's destruction is what led to Talbot getting in the machine? Did Ruby get in the machine originally and cause it the first time? I'm positive the introduction of time travel to the mix is what caused Ruby, Strucker and Hale's death.

Now, this also poses more questions of this "first timeline." How did everyone get to the lighthouse? There had to be a "first version of the timeline" where the destruction caught everyone by surprise.

Was I the only one listening to a reporter blather on about royally still sitting there waiting on a post credits scene?

How do they get past the paradox? If the Earth doesn't split Fitz never goes into the freeze. Or am I getting the order of events wrong?

Glad the writers came to there senses and had Daisy give up her leadership position to Mack.

Now that the season is over and we have....most of the information we have wanted since the first episode, we can start to piece things together. However, is this multiple timelines or one timeline constantly changing?

The fact that they were afraid Deke might go poof lends to a single timeline.

The Deke thing is just bad writing. Whether it's a linear timeline or an alternate timeline there's no scenario in which effect would precede cause - and Flitz and Simmons should both know this.

If it's a linear timeline then there'd be no more prophecy, no more Robin sending them to a future that doesn't exist, and the entire events of the season would play out differently with no one having any memory of the Lighthouse.

If it's an alternate timeline then everything would play out as it has, but Deke would still be alive. There's no "cause" to the effect that is his disappearance, because everything that lead to him being born still happened, just in his previous timeline - the one where we saw Flint and Tess alive and well even after the team went back.

For the sake of logical consistency it has to be an alternate timeline, but for that to be true Deke must still be out there too.

Glad the writers came to there senses and had Daisy give up her leadership position to Mack.

Agreed. Daisy came to her senses for a moment and May completely lost hers when she smashed the Odium. I don't care that it all worked out - that was just plain dumb.

Last edited:
If Coulson is out, I will never watch another episode of this show.
People have been saying that on social media already that if Coulson isn't in season 6 if only briefly and cured they won't watch season 6 at all.

How do they get past the paradox? If the Earth doesn't split Fitz never goes into the freeze. Or am I getting the order of events wrong?

For whatever reason Enoch believed Robin's prophecy and sent folks to the future, the actual events of Graviton absorbing Daisy and splitting the earth came after Enoch's actions

I still don't get why Fitz wasn't on Enoch's list. Him staying behind served no major purpose. Sure once he got to the future Lighthouse, he helped the team get back. What difference would it have made if he was already there with the team in the first place?

I thought it was a lackluster finale. I'll have to watch it again though. That's just my initial feeling. Like the flow of it was off or something.

Jemma doesn't have to be pregnant for Deke to still exist. He already exists. Jemma and Fitz could end up having a boy and that boy marries a girl (or even a boy) that is in no way connected to Deke's ancestry and he'll still exist. This is a new timeline that Deke is a part of because they brought him back into it.

Or Enoch brings his Fitz back now that the extinction prophecy didn't happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"