Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

iambranded

Civilian
Reaction score
The team finds themselves facing a decision that could cause the destruction of earth

Friday, May 18th on ABC, streaming and on demand.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD official website: http://abc.com/shows/marvels-agents-o...
Watch more Marvel's Agents of SHIELD Season 5 videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
Like Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AgentsofShield
Follow Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD
Follow Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/agentsofshie

A team full of morons. Yo Yo...whether she ends up being right or wrong (she'll be wrong...the world is not going to be destroyed) she IS making the reasonable decision. This team...at every step...has made the decisions that would MOST LIKELY lead to the end of the world. They don't deserve to win this one.

Saving Coulson was the WRONG move...even if it works.

If you are the coach of a football team, and its the last play of the game...and you have 70 yards to go to get the game winning touchdown. Throwing a pass is the RIGHT call, even if if falls incomplete. A quarterback sneak is the WRONG decision...even if its somehow successful.

And now the team has chosen a man who can't kill terrorists who are proven murderers as the leader of their team.

They will win because the script requires that they win. But their decisions are stupid.

Well I agree about SJW aspects of the script, "We vote...we vote" and "let bad guys do whatever and never kill them, even if there's no other way".

But it's COULSON man. #CoulsonLives

They actually had the balls to kill a major character eh?

And there's the shoe drop.

This being Marvel I'm wondering if it will stick, but we'll see.

Yeah very shocked they killed off Fitz. Is Daisy dead too? Couldn't figure out her status there. Talbot is dead, but Graviton could come back as someone else.

Fitz ain't dead that is the fitz from the future there still a fitz in comastatus trying to get to the future

No Infinity War tie-in. Which made last week forced lip-service.

Yeah that makes sense. So that felt like a series finale. My guess the snap happens right after. I wonder if season 6 will deal with the ramifications of it.

No Infinity War tie-in. Which made last week forced lip-service.

It shows the writers kept the ending to Avengers: IW a secret and told very few people. It is pretty impossible to plan when you don't know.

If Coulson is out, I will never watch another episode of this show.

Having said that, this was an amazing and heart wrenching episode.

Boy that "death of Fitz" mourning period didn't last long.

They didn't even have the guts to close the door definitively on Coulson.

As a potential series finale I loved it. Great way to leave the series.

So I'm wondering how much of next season is space searching for Fitzicle?(in case that didn't read I'm combining Fitz with Icicle)

Fitz ain't dead that is the fitz from the future there still a fitz in comastatus trying to get to the future
I've been wondering if they were going to bring that up at all and by this episode I had completely forgotten about it. So they got me, I thought Fitz was dead and almost scream "Can't they give Fitz and Simmons and happy ending! After all the crap they've been through!"

It shows the writers kept the ending to Avengers: IW a secret and told very few people. It is pretty impossible to plan when you don't know.
Good point, I think usually the showrunners get to read the scripts or have advance screenings but given how big of a reveal that is it's likely they couldn't get the ending or was told "You can only mention Thanos and an incident in New York, but nothing else.

Yeah that makes sense. So that felt like a series finale. My guess the snap happens right after. I wonder if season 6 will deal with the ramifications of it.

Well if rumors are to believe Avengers 4 will have [BLACKOUT]time travel, so potential retconning or alternate future[/BLACKOUT] and if that's the case it would be best just to skip over it which is why I think the next season premiere was set to after Avengers 4

So I originally I was hoping that a few of the characters would get
snapped
but after seeing the episode it really wouldn't have felt right. It would've made the episode about IW and not about AoS. They still have the opportunity to pick up next season right as IW ends and then deal with the ramifications.

Overall, a pretty cinematic episode. Daisy vs. Graviton was done very well with a sad ending for Talbot, who was a great character throughout his run. The Fitz "tragedy" was shocking and then the way out of it was logical. Coulson's end was quite touching and poignant. Also, I really liked the decision to make Mack the new Director, feels more right. Great end to a great season.

I've forgotten...where exactly is Fitz sleeping it off? Did he go off to some other planet or something?

I'm completely confused about how voting is suddenly "SJW" territory. And the very first episode of this show it was Coulson who said "everybody matters" making it his damn mantra.

As for the episode itself, yeah, they were all making really stupid decisions. Seems the only one that was listening to Yo Yo was Coulson. I'm not sure if it was him that put the serum in Daisy's wrist armor or Yo Yo. At first, I thought Yo Yo did it, because of her saying, "what have I done?" when Coulson collapsed and Simmons was going for a serum that wasn't there. But Coulson was the one that handed Daisy her wrist things and said, "find the strength..." as a pretty heavy-handed hint to what he did.

I'm hoping both Fitz-icle and Enoch come back. I liked that guy. He was funny.

I know they did a long goodbye to Phil and all, but there's still time for them to find something. In a way I kind of hope they don't. Because how many times can a guy come back from the dead (who isn't named Loki?) Unless they find Fitz and then stick Phil in the cryo chamber to buy him even more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"