Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 3x18 Promo "The Singularity"

Great ep!
Awesome energy shield (geeked out)
Great interaction between May and Coulson.
Awesome scenes between Jemma and Fitz.
Great world-building bit with Holden and the other augmented humans.

Can't wait to see next episode. What new things will we learn about the Kree?

It's just a really weird way to end the threat that's been a big deal since TFA (in the films) and the show since S1. Offscreen mostly (not even a montage of those bases getting taken down). It is, kind of anticlimactic.

On a different not, GO FITZ AND SIMMONS!! You guys should totally not leave that room for, a LONG TIME!! ;)

Also is this "we must rescue Daisy" plotline going to go on for the rest of the season? Because I'm not sure how I feel about that possibility?

Theres only 3 episodes left to the season so saving daisy well probly take all 3 episodes. Just of note the episode after Civil War is called "emancipation" so there gonna deal with that. In a weird way i feel civil war will interupt the mojo of AoS, its got its own thing going and there kinda forced to react to the CW events.

I do like the tie ins to the films but Aos is hitting on all levels now and i hope they dont force it or at least make it seem as natural as they can.

Will's consciousness popping in to mess with Simmons was an interesting twist. If Will's mind wasn't in there somewhere, Hive would have simply killed Jemma. She's one of the only actual threats to him.

I wonder if and when Hive is defeated, can Will's mind take over Ward's body after Hive vacates it? Thus, the setting up of the weirdest love triangle in the history of network TV for season four???

Oh lord I hope not. We finally are making some progress with Fitz and Simmons and (assuming that one of them isn't the hyped up "main character death") I'd like to see that move forward more.

Theres only 3 episodes left to the season so saving daisy well probly take all 3 episodes. Just of note the episode after Civil War is called "emancipation" so there gonna deal with that. In a weird way i feel civil war will interupt the mojo of AoS, its got its own thing going and there kinda forced to react to the CW events.

I do like the tie ins to the films but Aos is hitting on all levels now and i hope they dont force it or at least make it seem as natural as they can.

Both of those sound iffy to me to be honest, but we'll see how it goes.

What a weird anticlimactic "end" to Hydra. They were defeated off-screen by the US military, not SHIELD. Although, I assume they are still around in some form in Civil War (if they aren't and you've seen it, don't post a spoiler to correct me).

Maybe...but i didnt mind....would have taken too long to end all those Hydra locations....so im glad it was done and over with....time to move on from Hydra...and this was a good way to do it.
Tonights show was GREAT....
Alot going on and Kree are on Earth....for next episode....looking forward to the final 3 episodes

What a weird anticlimactic "end" to Hydra. They were defeated off-screen by the US military, not SHIELD. Although, I assume they are still around in some form in Civil War (if they aren't and you've seen it, don't post a spoiler to correct me).

Indeed; plus it kind of makes the Avengers assault on their bases in between "Winter Soldier" and "Age of Ultron" seem pointless and meaningless.

A good episode.
Glad that James is indeed Hellfire, and glad to see Ginger Ninja back.
Coulson's shield, I didn't see that one coming.

Hive have his own Secrets Wardiors. :sly:

It's just a really weird way to end the threat that's been a big deal since TFA (in the films) and the show since S1. Offscreen mostly (not even a montage of those bases getting taken down). It is, kind of anticlimactic.

On a different not, GO FITZ AND SIMMONS!! You guys should totally not leave that room for, a LONG TIME!! ;)

Also is this "we must rescue Daisy" plotline going to go on for the rest of the season? Because I'm not sure how I feel about that possibility?

They always save Hydra's biggest bad guys for the movies anyways so taking down a few Hydra camps/bases on the show is no big deal. Hydra will still be represented in some capacity in Civil War by Zemo & Crossbones & a few random Hydra troops here and there.

You can tell that they really planned this out, greatly! Just like the "Secret Warriors" oh wait that lasted like ten minutes.:o

You can tell that they really planned this out, greatly! Just like the "Secret Warriors" oh wait that lasted like ten minutes.:o
Even if they don't team up in this episode, there was plenty of Secrets Warriors's elements in this episode.

We got Hellfire from the Secret Warriors comics in this episode.

And we got a fight between Alisha and Lincoln (that is a secret warriors in the show.)

Hive is also a villain from the Secrets Warriors comic.

Considering that SHIELD is fighting a threat that transcends even Hydra, I didn't mind it.

Yeah, it was supposed to be bittersweet and anti-climactic. Like all their work just created something worse and they can't even celebrate their victories.

If they took down Hydra in some big fanfare triumphant way, it would be tonally out of place.

Will's consciousness popping in to mess with Simmons was an interesting twist. If Will's mind wasn't in there somewhere, Hive would have simply killed Jemma. She's one of the only actual threats to him.

I wonder if and when Hive is defeated, can Will's mind take over Ward's body after Hive vacates it? Thus, the setting up of the weirdest love triangle in the history of network TV for season four???

Will exists in the Hive's psyche and Ward's body is dead, only re-animated by the Hive, so when the Hive is removed, both Ward and Will cease to exist.

Also, a thought I had from the scenes with all the enhanced humans has me wondering if that whole project is an extension of AIM, and AIM will become the baddies for next season. (inhumans vs enhanced humans)

Last edited:

I kinda wonder if Civil War necessitated the quick wrap up

Like, if in Civil War they mention Hydra being no more (or dying after Crossbones does whatever he does), it wouldn't make sense to have them still be a threat in AoS

After all, in the movie-only continuity, Hydra was more or less done in AoU
Crossbones is the only remaining big-name Hydra operative left in the films

but other than the anti-climactic Hydra resolve, this episode was very good, the best one since last season, imo

Energy Shield... f*** yeaa (What did Coulson say in this moment? I couldn't hear as my gf geeked out too hard)
Lincoln is finally a decent character
Good Work on Chloe Bennett's part, I simultaneously wanted them to save her and kick the s**t out of her (you don't mess with Fitz)
Ward/Hive messing with errybody (Is it weird I like Ward more now than I ever have?)

I still don't like that Hellfire is another goddamn inhuman though
and where were Yoyo and Joey? didn't see them...

Last edited:
There also the guy fron Ant-man that is still alive.

Energy Shield... f*** yeaa (What did Coulson say in this moment? I couldn't hear as my gf geeked out too hard)
Lincoln is finally a decent character
Good Work on Chloe Bennett's part, I simultaneously wanted them to save her and kick the s**t out of her (you don't mess with Fitz)
Ward/Hive messing with errybody (Is it weird I like Ward more now than I ever have?)

I still don't like that Hellfire is another goddamn inhuman though
and where were Yoyo and Joey? didn't see them...

AFter the energy shield moment the dialogue was:

May: When did you....?
Coulson: Thought it would be cool if the Director of SHIELD had a shield, Fitz agreed so...
May: Handy.
Coulson: OK, the leg hurts a little.
May: Maybe you should get a cybernetic one.
Coulson: Too soon.

As for Yoyo and Joey - Mack and May mention them at the beginning:

May: Tests come back?
Mack: Daisy's the only one infected.
May: So Joey and Elena...?
Mack: Touched down at the Cocoon, but Lincoln...
May:...refused to leave, I know.

The Cocoon, I believe, was the same place where Lincoln went a few episodes back or so when he went to get 'evaluated'. I think it's also where they sent Joey back near the beginning-ish of the season after he first developed powers.

I don't see the problem with how Hydra was handled, at all.

It has been dying in phases.

Winter Soldier was the first big blow, exposing them and cutting off a few of the big heads.

AoS season 2 chronicled the continuation of their decline and more of their leaders being taken out (Whitehall, Bakshi and the other leaders that took each other out).

Age of Ultron saw Strucker and his base and army being eliminated.

Now on AoS season 3 we get the reveal that Hydra , at least in the 20th and 21st century, had 2 major factions. Malick's faction evolved into what it always wanted to be, by bringing Hive back to Earth, only it backfired on him. So he facilitated the destruction of the remaining facilities that he knew of belonging to his faction or any other one. These are probably just foot soldier fodder, safe houses and weapons cache. I have no problem at all with this being taken out by US or UN military while SHIELD just oversees the operation.

Are they completely gone? Probably not, because as long as one person with their ideals remains alive, there is always the chance they could restart something.
Civil War [blackout]shows us this a little bit, because you see a couple of Hydra soldiers either in hiding or doing mercenary/terrorist work (Rumlow)[/blackout]. But the organization itself, the faction that Red Skull started, is dead, which is[blackout] what Zemo implied with his interrogation of that russian hydra soldier that was in hiding[/blackout].
Now the only side that remains is Hive's faction.

Last edited:
Yeah, even after AoU, they were still around as you saw a rep from them in Ant-man. I'm sure the Avengers took out their biggest and most powerful bases, but I'm sure there were still smaller operations about and it appeared they could never quite flush them completely away until this past episode (if they really did get them all, Malick only spilt all that he knew...which is considerable, but it's still possible he didn't knew everything because HYDRA may be set up where not many people know everything) so it didn't bug me.

AFter the energy shield moment the dialogue was:

May: When did you....?
Coulson: Thought it would be cool if the Director of SHIELD had a shield, Fitz agreed so...
May: Handy.
Coulson: OK, the leg hurts a little.
May: Maybe you should get a cybernetic one.
Coulson: Too soon.

As for Yoyo and Joey - Mack and May mention them at the beginning:

May: Tests come back?
Mack: Daisy's the only one infected.
May: So Joey and Elena...?
Mack: Touched down at the Cocoon, but Lincoln...
May:...refused to leave, I know.

The Cocoon, I believe, was the same place where Lincoln went a few episodes back or so when he went to get 'evaluated'. I think it's also where they sent Joey back near the beginning-ish of the season after he first developed powers.

Interesting that Yo-Yo is at the Cocoon despite her being all "screw SHIELD" last episode after the mistrust. Maybe Joey convinced her to come along.

Interesting that Yo-Yo is at the Cocoon despite her being all "screw SHIELD" last episode after the mistrust. Maybe Joey convinced her to come along.

I'm sure they're not happy about it, but considering what they now know Hive can do, they might have agreed it was for the best instead of being on their own.

Soooo.... is Mac just sitting in the corner... Watching?

I'm a little nervous about a couple (other) things with that scene. I don't know if Fitz was a virgin or not, but if you follow Horror Movies it doesn't look good for him. At the same time, was the "your hands are cold" a cute moment or a hint that Simmons is dead and possessed by Hive!?! DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

THAT was an AWESOME episode!!! Loved Phil's shield lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"