Comics Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond - February 2022

Ben_Reilly

Civilian
Reaction score
Black Cat has been kidnapped, and the only person who can save her is… MARY JANE WATSON?!
• Mary Jane has never liked Felicia Hardy, and now she has to save her life?!
• But remember, this is the Black Cat we’re talking about. Things are never quite what they seem.

I read this the other day and it's easily one of the best issues to feature my two favorite Spider-Man supporting characters. Jed Mackay writes this outta the park...it's a fun, heartfelt, touching story with great characterization. And C.F. Villa whom I already think draws an iconic, definitive version of Felicia, does absolutely amazing with MJ.

This book was everything I could have hoped for and it's worth every damn penny. You'd be remiss not to pick up this fantastic one shot.

I can only hope we get more comics featuring MJ and Felicia and of course have Jed writing and Villa on art duties.

I agree, this was a great book!
Only two, maybe three writers during this Beyond era have been any good!
McKay is definitely one of them.

I read this the other day and it's easily one of the best issues to feature my two favorite Spider-Man supporting characters. Jed Mackay writes this outta the park...it's a fun, heartfelt, touching story with great characterization. And C.F. Villa whom I already think draws an iconic, definitive version of Felicia, does absolutely amazing with MJ.

This book was everything I could have hoped for and it's worth every damn penny. You'd be remiss not to pick up this fantastic one shot.

I can only hope we get more comics featuring MJ and Felicia and of course have Jed writing and Villa on art duties.
I seriously want to check this out. Also, as much as I complain about variants, the J. Scott Campbell variants on this book are amazing!

Dude!! Picked this up, and it killed!!!! It was a ton of fun, and featured MJ and Felecia being themselves, in character, for an entire comic!!! The last two pages on the rooftop were just heartfelt and beautiful.

We need more of these, please!!!!

Dude!! Picked this up, and it killed!!!! It was a ton of fun, and featured MJ and Felecia being themselves, in character, for an entire comic!!! The last two pages on the rooftop were just heartfelt and beautiful.

We need more of these, please!!!!

This issue was all kinds of awesome. I credit a huge part of the success to Jed Mackay. He's probably my favorite writer currently. His Moon Knight has been fantastic, his Taskmaster mini was also really good and Death of Dr Strange is so, so good! And the best book he's done and what got me hooked is for sure the Black Cat series. If you liked Felicia in that one shot I absolutely implore you to check out the solo book written by Mackay. It's excellent and worth every dime. I'm a bit biased when it comes to Felicia but I also feel like because of my bias I tend to judge more harshly, if that makes sense. That said, I am thoroughly satisfied with his work on her book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"