Comics Marvel's Black Cat

The annual was a blast. I wish they would use this artist for the actual main title. The style just fits so much better for this book. Honestly I feel like the only thing holding the main title back at the moment is the artwork. So far I’m enjoying what they’re doing with the character of Felicia. Granted I wish the stakes were a bit higher and maybe give Felicia just a touch more depth. However I didn’t expect much from the title when it first came out and it’s really surprised me. I’m praying that Marvel sees the potential for this book and somewhere in the near future, a new artist gets a crack at it.

Wait,does the annual take place before issue #1 or #7?
It wasn't exactly clear at the end...

I absolutely loved the annual! Such great chemistry between Spidey and Felicia--their interaction is by far the highlight of the issue. The push and pull dynamic, it's great seeing them in character.

I wish the art in the rest of the series was as good as the art in this annual. I'd probably like the book way more.

Issue 7...

Really liked this one. Very simple but a nice entry. Odessa and Black Fox having an interesting convo and we learn the connection between them and Felicia. My only complaint is the art is dragging. Foreman is not a bad artist imo but I just don't feel like he's the best choice for this book. Like his style isn't a good match. Not sure of the guy's name but whomever did the annual...they need to get him on as the main artist. He's got a much better suited style imo of course.

Haven't made a post on this series in awhile. However, I'm loving this book. Mackay is on a roll...the past few issues have been excellent and even the FCBD was really good. It's worth picking up if you haven't already.

Black Cat is getting a relaunch in December. It's still continuing with the same story line but with a new number 1. I've said this before but the series is doing really well and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good read.

Marvel relaunches Black Cat ongoing just in time for 'King in Black' crossover | GamesRadar+

KAZDUfCUSyThCQW862jnTi.jpg

Read the 'restart' of Black Cat...

It's starting with a 3 issue King in Black tie in and then it goes back to a continuation of the previous storyline left with issue 12 from the first year. So, issue 4 in this new run is basically issue 13. Clear as mud?

Anyway, I know I'm one of the few Felicia Hardy fans on here but even without my bias this series is really something. The creative team right now is just clicking...Mackay is writing her so well, he truly understands the character. And he's making a point of how she not only belongs as a solo act in the Marvel U but she can stand amongst the other solo acts with recognition and credibility. Before reading this series, I'd highly recommend reading Jen Van Meter's Amazing Spider-Man presents Black Cat 4 volume mini. That is probably the best version of Felicia prior to this run and also served as inspiration for Mackay. The art started off kinda so-so but now they have CF Villa in pencils and he's just killing it.

Seriously, check this out...imo, you won't be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"