Sequels The Official "How YOU would do Spider-Man 4" thread

Arad told Raimi that the fans wanted to see venom. So he put him in. Doing something for us, you know.

I tried to convince them of it.
It's a lost cause. They are sure that Arad is the devil.

Peter could help Dr.Connors work on the stuff to grow his arm back. Dr.Connors desperate after a failed attempt uses the stuff on himself once he thinks he's perfected it. He becomes Lizard.

Peter and Flash bump into each other one day and decide to put their past behind them and hang out sometimes.

MJ is friends with Gwen who has booked her a modeling gig.

Flash introduces Peter to his girlfriend Felicia.

The second villain could be Kraven coming to New York to stop SpiderMan or Lizard or the second villain could be Morbius who has stolen stuff from Dr.Connors lab to do his own experiments in his cheap lab.

Peter and MJ decide they need a break because their relationship wasn't all that perfect before the symbiote.

Felicia is into Spiderman who saves her sometime during the movie.

Martha and Billy Connors are in the film

Captain Stacy dies.

Hmm, lets see. . .

1) Peter begins to re-build his friendship with Gwen

2) Connors transforms, is the main villain as The Lizard

3) Mary Jane is going to leave the country with her parents for some reason.

4) Mysterio is the secondary villain.

5) Theme: Guilt for Connors, due to the fact the piece of symbiote is what caused a perfect serum to go bad. [Sorry, I dislike Carnage]

=] That's all I can think of, for now.

3) Mary Jane is going to leave the country with her parents for some reason.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of MJ, because in these movies she simply sucked (because of the way her character was written - that's 1, and 2nd because she was played by Dunst)!
So it works fine for me, but I doubt it will happen, especially since she & Peter got closer than ever after the ending of SM3!

I'd also love to see a hotter girl with attitude in these SM Movies! I'd really love to see Felicia, so I don't mind getting rid of Gwen Stacy either.

Focus more on Spider-man. I'm not saying make it all action, but the movie is about Spider-man, not Peter Parker.

As well, make it without Parker dancing and stuff, that was more awkward than funny.

Focus more on Spider-man. I'm not saying make it all action, but the movie is about Spider-man, not Peter Parker.

As well, make it without Parker dancing and stuff, that was more awkward than funny.
Ain't you me?
:woot:
Man, seriously, I've been reading your posts. I think exactly like you.

Last edited:
Huh? The focus on the story is Peter Parker. I can see what you're saying but focusing it more on Spider-Man than Peter is ridiculous.

Huh? The focus on the story is Peter Parker. I can see what you're saying but focusing it more on Spider-Man than Peter is ridiculous.

Sorry, but I read and watch Spider-man to read and watch Spider-man, not Peter Parker. Most people wouldn't care if it were called Peter Parker, and I suspect it would lose a lot more money and respect, which it has focusing on Parker. If I wanted to watch people with everyday problems I'll study up on non-science fiction.

Don't get me wrong, Parker's story is essential to the interest, but not meant to be the focus.

I do not want to see Peter and MJ. We have seen enough of that, and it is clear that the film suffers when they are in it. Let's get back to the struggle that Parker feels as Spiderman. That was the beauty of Spiderman 2, Peter was compelled to wear the suit. They had their chance in part 3 to show what power can do to Peter if he doesn't respect it, but they blew it. Let's simplify things.

It's so nice to finally see a avatar with the 1989 film in it for a change.

I agree, Jack's Joker is still great. I liked him more than Heath Ledger mainly for being more like the comic books and not a weirdo who wears face paint and tells his life story. =\

Not to say I didn't like Ledger Joker, just what I prefer.

Jack's Joker was not fat. You're thinking of Penguin. :dry:

^No, I'm not. I'm talking about Jack.

It was more or less a comment in jest, anyway.

Still don't know how you call that fat. But whatever.

Sorry, but I read and watch Spider-man to read and watch Spider-man, not Peter Parker. Most people wouldn't care if it were called Peter Parker, and I suspect it would lose a lot more money and respect, which it has focusing on Parker. If I wanted to watch people with everyday problems I'll study up on non-science fiction.

Don't get me wrong, Parker's story is essential to the interest, but not meant to be the focus.

Okay, if that's your preference. But isn't it really about the man behind the mask after all? If you want to care about Spider-Man you have to care about Peter Parker also. Just to know what's going on behind that mask and his life struggles and the weight of responsibility on his shoulders of a teenager is more engaging than beating up bad guys.

It's so nice to finally see a avatar with the 1989 film in it for a change.

I agree, Jack's Joker is still great. I liked him more than Heath Ledger mainly for being more like the comic books and not a weirdo who wears face paint and tells his life story. =\

Not to say I didn't like Ledger Joker, just what I prefer.

Well, you do know those stories aren't true right? And it's not about The Joker being perma white or having make-up. it's the spirit of the character. I always say, you can strip everythiny away from a character, but in the end all that's left is its spirit.

But really what's the problem?

He had red lips
wears purple
green hair
white face
And he kills people.

That's all you need when you're writing the character. It's the basics.

Well, you do know those stories aren't true right? And it's not about The Joker being perma white or having make-up. it's the spirit of the character. I always say, you can strip everythiny away from a character, but in the end all that's left is its spirit.

But really what's the problem?

He had red lips
wears purple
green hair
white face
And he kills people.

That's all you need when you're writing the character. It's the basics.

I always figured it was ONE of the stories. Or like, he was just stupid and didn't know what he was talking about. Either way, it's not something I'm used to seeing from him.

Also, I never really said there was a problem. I liked Ledger, just I think Jack was better to me. Both are awesome. I mean really, lmao, you can say the same thing to Spidey fans who hated Spider-Man 3's Venom. xD

He had teeth
He was black
Disorted eyes
Spider
Hated Spider-Man

I will get flamed for that.^

Well, I wouldn't call him fat at all, actually. Average is more like it. He wasn't fat, trust me. :yay:

Also, I love your avvy, webhead731.

Totally. Fat would be more like Penguin.

And thanks! I finally got my lazy ass to make another avatar for this place.

Characters/Events:
The Lizard
Kraven
Man-Spider
MJ and Peter taking a break
Showcases of Peter's scientific prowess
Major deaths
Cemetery battle

Summary:
(To preface: I thought of these things shortly after I'd seen SM3; TDK had no bearing on my ideas.)

I see this film as possibly the darkest in the franchise given that Peter may feel more alone and depressed because of the failures of some of his closest relationships (MJ, Dr. Connors' transformation, deaths), the fact that he has no symbiote to bond with to channel those emotions, and his struggles in his professional life in general (finding a job, maintaining finances, etc.). In addition to those, he experiences momentary lapses in his powers that make him more ineffectual as a hero, similar to the events in SM2, but different in how Peter deals with them (web-shooters) and what actually happens to him as a result (he grows stronger instead of becoming normal again). His increasing obsolescence opens the door for Kraven to catch/kill the Lizard.

Throughout the film, the audience sees how Peter deals with these issues while battling a growing public distaste for Spider-Man, and his dilemma to continue being a hero in light of that and his own transformation that could amplify that public animosity and put a tighter strain on his personal relationships.

Interesting. I wouldn't have him lose his powers again, but the Kraven / Lizard idea I could see happening.

Welcome to SHH!

My idea for Spider-man

MAJOR CHARACTERS
Peter Parker/Spider-man
Eddie Brock/Venom
*Felicty Hardy/Black Cat
*Max Dillon/Electro
*Kletus Cassidy/Carnage
Dr. Connors

MINOR CHARACTERS
Mary Jane Watson
Aunt May
The Daily Bugle Staff
Gwen Stacy
Captain Stacy
*Max Dillon's Boss
Harry (Flashbacks)

-Peter and MJ attempt to salvage their relationship
-Eddie Brock is found nearly dead amongst the rubble of the building at the end of Spidey 3. He was flung from the side and only survived from the bit of symbiote that was still alive. He's placed in jail.
-Peter feels responsible for Harry's death and carries the guilt with him, and still feels responsible for Uncle Ben's death.
-Aunt May becomes ill and is hospitalized.
-Peter is now working the staff job at the paper
-Whilst out as Spider-man, Peter goes after minor crooks like the good old days and ends up trailing a buglar known as the Black Cat.
-The symbiote is removed from Eddie when he's put in jail. The symbiote is first studied by government scientists, but through his connections Dr. Connors obtains it. Too keep it alive he bonds it with several pet lizards that he keeps in his lab.
-Peter visits Eddie in jail and Eddie threatens to expose Peter as Spider-man unless he returns the symbiote. Peter declines, unafraid that anyone will believe Eddie.
-Black Cat visits a former partner named Max Dillon who has retired from crime and now works as an electrician. He tells her to leave him alone.
-MJ and Peter are having difficulty working out their relationship. MJ's popularity at the Jazz Club has landed her a job at an uptown Cabaret. She takes it and moves farther away from Peter. She tells him she wants a break.
-Eddie is sentenced to forty years in prison and is transferred to a maximum security facility. His cell mate is serial killer Kletus Cassidy.
-During a test on the symbiote Connors discovers that the symbiote increases the speed of the Lizard's regeneration capability. Taken aback by the event he fails to notice part of the symbiote escapes the lab.
-Peter, as Spider-man, follows Black Cat after a small robbery and corners her. To his surprise she gives in to his order for her to stop, seduces him and kisses him, before using his surprise to escape.
-Cassidy and Eddie Brock develop a hateful relationship, but Eddie, without the suit, is not as powerful as Cassidy. The symbiote finds him in the prison and rebonds with him. Thanks to Connors' tampering, the classic tongue is present and he appears a little larger. He suffers for a moment before discharging a small red blob (the Carnage symbiote). He declares himself, or themselves, Venom, and break out the wall of the prison.
-Peter attempts to call up MJ but she won't answer. Peter goes to visit Aunt May and tells her what happens. She tells Peter he can't carry Harry's death with him all the time.
-Peter hears news of Eddie's escape and begins prowling the night looking for him. During the day he works with Dr. Connors as a lab assistant, but secretly, after discovering Connors has the symbiote, is trying to help destroy what's left. He becomes facinated by Connors' new found biological discoveries with regeneration.
-Dillon's electrical team is hired to help rewire the new wall to replace the one destroyed by Venom. Dillon is not the most compitent worker and is harassed by his boss.
-Cassidy finds the red symbiote attached to his shoe after being put in a new cell. He begins to treat it as a pet as it starts to come to life.
-During the night there is a thunderstorm but Dillon is working late to try and impress his boss. Lightning strikes the facility and shocks Dillion, electrifying his body. He recovers almost immediately and feels fine.
-Peter manages to sneak the symbiote out of the lab at night and decides to burn it, but Venom finds him in the school and break in. Venom threatens to kill Peter, but Peter refuses. Venom wants the rest of the symbiote, but Peter holds on to it and defeats Venom, who is weak without the whole symbiote.
-Dillon shows up the next day to the construction site to work, but his boss fires him for his incompitence and for working by himself. Dillon realizes he has the power to control and create electricity and kills his boss.
-Peter starts a new term at the University. Gwen is in his class and Peter makes an attempt to make peace with her. She's doesn't feel the same way.
-Upset over his failute with women, Peter goes out as Spider-man looking to run into Black Cat. Black Cat has been found by Electro who agrees to be her partner again, but Black Cat refuses to kill an innocent person during a robbery and Electro leaves her behind. Spider-man fights Electro but loses. Electro escapes and Peter tries to get some information from Black Cat.
-Cassidy bonds with the red symbiote and turns into Carnage. He kills numerous guards and escapes prison.
-Spider-man faces Venom again, this time defeating him. Peter tells Eddie to give up, but Eddie refuses and uses his knowledge from when the symbiote was bonded with Peter to go after Aunt May. Peter stops him but Carnage shows up, having tracked Venom. This turns into a three way fight and Carnage defeats both of them and hurts Spider-man terribly.
-Peter and Eddie wake up in the care of Black Cat. Eddie, knowing he isn't as powerful as Carnage, gives up and goes on the run. Peter and Black Cat, aka Felicity, begin to develop a relationship.
-Peter tracks down Eddie and tells him they need to work together to defeat Carnage. Eddie isn't sure, but Carnage manages to track them down again. Eddie refuses to fight and lets Spider-man deal with Carnage. The police show up, led by Captain Stacy. During the fight Carnage knocks apart a building wall that falls to the street and kills Captain Stacy. Carnage escapes.
-Electro and Carnage cross paths and find that they are equals in strength, as Carnage is pysically superior to Electro, but weak to electricity. They form a tentative partnership and devise a plan for Electro to hold the city at ransom.
-Peter attends Captain Stacy's funeral and sees Gwen. She's distraught and goes to him for support. Eddie watches from a distance. Peter catches Eddie and tells him that he can come back to the fight with vengeance for Gwen.
-Electro and Carnage go to the city's power plant and Carnage begins to absorb the electricity from the plant. Police shows up but Carnage fends them off. Electro speaks to the news cameras, demanding money in return for giving the power back, and continues to take more and more.
-Spider-man, Black Cat, and Venom show up. Carnage fights Venom. Spider-man and Black Cat get to Electro. Electro is supercharged from the extra power. He fights Spider-man and defeats him easily. Venom is beaten by Carnage. Venom demands that Peter give him the rest of the symbiote, which he does, which makes Venom grow (ala Ultimate Venom). Venom goes after Carnage with new found strength and sucessfully rips him in half. Black Cat is able to distract Electro long enough for Spider-man to get the better of him. Electro gets knocked into a generator which power surges him and knocks him out. The blast of power supercharges the facility and Venom grabs the still living upper half of Carnage and with the other hand digs into a power grid, electrifying the both of them. Electro is defeated, and both symbiotes are dead. Cassidy dies due to his close bond to his symbiote, but Eddie lives because he retained his identity within Venom.
-Eddie is hurt badly and speak with Peter. Eddie knows that he will likely go back to jail but says he's okay with it because he redeemed himself. Paramedics wheel him away and Gwen sees him. She holds his hand as he's wheeled to the ambulence.
-Peter and Felicity get away from the cops and paramedics. MJ shows up to see if Peter is okay, and Felicity, realizing he still loves her, tells him to go to her. Peter goes to MJ and they embrace.
-Electro is locked up in a special prison designed for super-beings.
-Peter visits Eddie in jail. Peter feels relief since he was able to save Eddie, like a second chance at saving Harry. Aunt May begins to recover.
-Dr. Connors takes a chance and applies his test formula on himself in attempts to regrow his arm. As his arm grows, he begins to show signs of turning into the Lizard.

They just really need to flesh out spider-man himself and make him a believable character. Movie Parker was hesitant, mild, awkward and a little slow... this is not the type of person who engages armed gangs or knows how to react in a warzone. Spider-man isnt superman, there is always a genuine danger of death if he is wounded. He needs to be quick, in his thoughts and actions...

The spider-suit looks too clean and showy, I wouldve liked the suit to look like it doesnt cost a few grand to make and impossible to actually put on without a group of people dressing you. I don't know how to explain it but it should have looked more tactical. He should be humanized a bit, (not by making him cry or struggle to hold onto his girlfriend) by showing the audience how he uses problem solving to handle what looks like an impossible task. And I'd like it better if they focused more on the webbing as a weapon. it just seemed like some magical special effect that did what ever he wanted it to do... I wouldve played on the fact that they were non lethal, restraint weapons that spidey knows how to put to good use.

^ I agree a million percent... The problem solving schtick could be really emphasized if Spidey were involved in thwarting a large crime-syndicate. He would be more snooping around and listenning in on things, rather than having hi-octane confrontations.

Then we could also see the webbing used to cover mouths to muffle a shout, leg-trips, snaring weapons, and whip-lash-hurling bad-guys accross the room... Plus, hopefully we would get some kick-ass parkour stunts, and actual Transporter'esque multi-directional fight scenes... instead of the CG Spiderman that worked over the thugs in the first movie (the flying head-scissors move).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"