Mask Of The Phantasm Appreciation Thread

I've never even noticed it until now. :hehe:

[YT]-4Q-MS_oFkw[/YT]

tumblr_n8xwp2IGTj1tp6rxbo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n91j9c5eZc1tp6rxbo1_1280.jpg

I can hear Shirley Walker's soundtrack in my head just looking at those images

is Mask of the Phantasm considered part of the DCAU or just a one off film? i've always been left wondering if Andrea ended up killing the Joker

There's an official comic that explains what happens to Joker. Supposedly this was also a deleted scene in the movie, but the scene has never surfaced.

Bcp4I9x.jpg

hWrbYLD.jpg

rYFZ2SU.jpg

Last edited:
that's pretty awesome

wish those scenes would have been included

This movie is way over rated. I like it but I would rather watch the dark knight over this.

This movie is way over rated. I like it but I would rather watch the dark knight over this.
You know what movie is over-rated though? NOT Mask of the Phantasm.

For real though, I love it. But the end can be a bit of a let down. It's fine, but Batman looks a bit weak in the movie. It's probably my favorite animated Batman movie with Dark Knight Returns not far behind. But it's not as good as Nolans movies in my opinion. So maybe with that in mind, it could be a little overrated. I dont agree with the ones who think it's better than any live-action Batman, but i do think it's better than the Burton/Shumacher movies.

It has some of my favorite scenes in any bat-movie though. No doubt.

I rarely hear people mention it when they're talking about Batman movies.

If anything, it's underrated. lol

I have to disagree personally; I’d have to say it is among the most overlooked and underrated of all the Batman films.

I think it's always been a fan favorite, but not as popular with the GA.

If anything, I think Return of The Joker may be a bit underrated. It's nearly neck and neck with MOTP for me and I'm way more of a BTAS fan than a Batman Beyond fan.

MOTP is great though. A noir tragic romance with Batman in it. Delicious.

If anything, I think Return of The Joker may be a bit underrated. It's nearly neck and neck with MOTP for me and I'm way more of a BTAS fan than a Batman Beyond fan.
I agree with that. Both BTAS and BB were fantastic cartoons, and we're lucky to have equally fantastic movies for them. MOTP is the better film for me, but the flashback material in ROTJ alone makes it a memorable, emotional and powerful Batman film.
MOTP is great though. A noir tragic romance with Batman in it. Delicious.
'I Never Even Told You' playing during the end credits is one of the most poignant and affecting moments in the franchise, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"