Mass Shootings/Acts of Violence Discussion Thread

Ummm... thats called being cowardly. Even little guys can intimidate bigger guys. Its called standing up for yourself and showing that you won't be pushed around. You don't even have to be physical. Just don't take him seriously, make him feel like a dumb ass for even trying to get a rise out of you.

Easier said than done.

However, since the reports are saying bullying doesn't seem to have been a factor, the speculation is a moot point.

http://gma.yahoo.com/baltimore-scho...-syndrome-134105244--abc-news-topstories.html

The victim had Down Syndrome. The shooter sounds like a complete tool-bag. I hope that little **** is put away for a long time.

From what I read (granted, this was an initial report, so it may not be entirely true), the shooter fired a round off and didn't hit anyone, the teacher grabbed him, and a shot went off during the struggle, hitting a student.

It doesn't sound like the shooter came in targeting anyone in particular... At least from that report.

From what I read (granted, this was an initial report, so it may not be entirely true), the shooter fired a round off and didn't hit anyone, the teacher grabbed him, and a shot went off during the struggle, hitting a student.

It doesn't sound like the shooter came in targeting anyone in particular... At least from that report.
That's what I gathered as well.

We're smack dab in the middle of two guys fighting it out for the presidency and yet neither candidate will even begin to talk about gun control. This stuff is going to continue unless these government officials stop being so afraid of the NRA and just make the laws more difficult for people to get...you know...automatic weapons. :whatever:

We're smack dab in the middle of two guys fighting it out for the presidency and yet neither candidate will even begin to talk about gun control. This stuff is going to continue unless these government officials stop being so afraid of the NRA and just make the laws more difficult for people to get...you know...automatic weapons. :whatever:

I would totally agree with this.

Unfortunately, a great majority of Americans would not.

I live in WV, right smack dab in the middle of 'you can take my gun out of my cold, dead hand' country. A friend of mine actually posted a pic on Facebook that showed a guy holding a sign that was lobbying for gun control, and another guy beside him that was holding a sign that said "Spoons made me Fat! Ban Spoons!" I have never understood this "more guns make us more safe" motto they keep spouting. Take that shooting in NY....the bystanders were *all* shot by the police themselves. The police who have been trained and are taught to think critically in situations like that.

I, personally, do not feel safer knowing that my neighbor Bubba down the street just got himself a semi-auto.............and a keg!!

This is getting out of hand. Yet our government doesn't do jack ****.

This is getting out of hand. Yet our government doesn't do jack ****.

That's because there would be protests in the street and on Washington if the government tries to 'take away their guns'. In the state I live, there was a rumor that Obama was going to do that when he took office, so all the drunks and crackheads that live down here proceeded to stockpile guns like they were gold bricks. There's this one guy who's even created a shooting range in his backyard where we can hear him fire off his semi-auto. Unfortunately, we live right in the middle of a city, and the houses are so close together that one stray bullet could hit like 3 houses.....supposed to be illegal to fire so close to other houses, but the police ain't telling a guy with a semi-auto that!

Some people shouldn't have guns. Period!

I for one, wish people would stop turning these threads into discussions about gun control.

I live in WV, right smack dab in the middle of 'you can take my gun out of my cold, dead hand' country. A friend of mine actually posted a pic on Facebook that showed a guy holding a sign that was lobbying for gun control, and another guy beside him that was holding a sign that said "Spoons made me Fat! Ban Spoons!"

I love (sarcasm) hearing this argument and, unfortunately, you hear it all the time.

Look, here's the deal: spoons are made to help with eating, cars are made for, pencils are made for writing...GUNS ARE MADE FOR KILLING!!!

God, this is going to be remembered as the summer of mass shootings now. It seems like every other week...

I don't know if I won't live on this planet anymore, but I sure as hell won't live in America anytime soon.

I used to live nearby. :csad: This is just sad.

And no, civilians shouldn't just be able to get automatic weapons. At the same time, we've got to take care of mentally ill people too. There's just something about this country's culture that makes people using a gun is going to solve their problems.

Again I wonder; is this happening more than usual or is it just being reported more often?

That's near my neck my neck of the woods. Something's gotta be done about these shootings, but you can't predict when some lunatic is going to randomly spray innocent people.

Again I wonder; is this happening more than usual or is it just being reported more often?

I'd like to see a statistics report. Although there's nothing new about these type of shootings the incidents seem much closer than ever before.
I remember there was a brief period where it seemed like we had a school shooting each month.

It's getting to the point where threads about such shootings should be merged.

I live in WV, right smack dab in the middle of 'you can take my gun out of my cold, dead hand' country. A friend of mine actually posted a pic on Facebook that showed a guy holding a sign that was lobbying for gun control, and another guy beside him that was holding a sign that said "Spoons made me Fat! Ban Spoons!" I have never understood this "more guns make us more safe" motto they keep spouting. Take that shooting in NY....the bystanders were *all* shot by the police themselves. The police who have been trained and are taught to think critically in situations like that.

I, personally, do not feel safer knowing that my neighbor Bubba down the street just got himself a semi-auto.............and a keg!!

Oh I know. I live in Pittsburgh and have traveled down to West Virginia many times...it's interesting some of the people you meet there. :oldrazz:

However, there are unstable people out there with automatic weapons. No civilian has ANY use for an automatic weapon. The only people who should have automatic weapons are our military. Or if evil aliens ever invade we may need those automatic weapons...but other than that they are not necessary for civilian use.

I understand at times guns are necessary and there have been times where someone having a gun has saved their life. That's not the point. The point is that there are mental unstable individuals out there who are walking around unchecked and somehow have an arsenal of automatic weapons waiting for whenever they decide to finally snap and take it out on the world.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. So, I'm sure that Obama and Mittens will continue the same song and dance and not even speak of the rash of mass shootings that have been happening this year. Gotta make sure they get the support of that NRA money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"