Massive spoilers...on R'as al Ghul!

Miss Webb

Sidekick
Reaction score
FROM THE COMIC BLOC FORUMS:

Batman #671 (Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul - Part 4) - Spoilers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was one of the best Batman books I think I've ever read.

Batman takes Ra's up to Nanda Parbat and the Fountain of Life. Ra's always believed it to be a prototype of his Lazarus Pits and has spent years searching for it. Once Batman and the Demon's Head get there, they're greeted by none other than Ra's Al Ghul's own father.

He impales his own son and then gives Batman one serious beating even boasting Bruce Lee style that he'd only need 1 minute to defeat the detective. (I even just watched Dragon: The Bruce Lee story this afternoon.)

But then he sends the same spear through Batman's chest...

Broken, bloodied and impaled, Bruce still fights the good fight and Ra's father meets his match. Ghul looks dead but seems to have made a leap into another body and the Batman is already on to him.

This entire storyline has been amazing and this issue ends with one heckuva cliffhanger.

OoooOOOO...what does this all mean, people!!:wow:

I hate this damn story.

I hate this damn story.

Its better than some of the other recent crossovers we have had such as 'War Games' and 'One Year Later'!!

Its fun and only lasting about 9 issues all in all. - I enjoy an epic bat story once in a while.

They brought Ra's back? UGH!

Ugh! indeed which is why I have dropped the majority of the canonical titles once again for now. Say what you want about Death and the Maidens but at least it was the boldest arc in the bat books in a long time and now they'rejust undoing it so quickly, no thanks I think I'll stick to All-Star and Confidential as far as monthlys go for now. What they have planned for next spring's major arc is even more vomit inducing. I think I'm gonna drop the DC cape books for now until Final Crisis hits.

The difference is with Jason they waited over a decade to bring him back with Ra's they just waited 2 years. The words "too soon" would be an understatement in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"