Math challenged people and foreclosure

Paladin-Hoss

Sidekick
Reaction score
There's this new dumb and/or pointless column on MSNBC about this subject.

Math-challenged Americans more likely to end up in foreclosure
By Bob Sullivan, Columnist, NBC News
Americans who have trouble dividing 300 by 2 are much more likely to end up in foreclosure than consumers with average math skills, a new study has found. The research is among the first to directly link mortgage trouble and financial literacy, according to its authors.

It's funny until you read that 1 out of 7 test subjects cannot answer the first two questions correctly...then it's sad..or still funny:oldrazz:

Btw, i answered all five correctly, guess it's now time to buy a house

http://redtape.nbcnews.com/_news/20...ans-more-likely-to-end-up-in-foreclosure?lite

Well, if the average person's math skills, are anything like their geography skills, or science skills, it's actually surprising we're doing this well.

My geography skills are a bit weak but that's due to rarely using them. I don't have a mortgage because I use my ever so amazing math skills to show there is no ****ing way I can afford it.

Don't mention it...

...and you owed me a new screen.Sprayed my coffee on it.

Now be a good time to use that math skill:oldrazz:

But seriously i cannot believe that there are people with morgage walking around that cannot divide 300 by 2...:huh:

How did these people ever manage their own financial?

That's one of the reasons the mass foreclosures happen. I knew one couple (who are getting divorced ATM) and the wife would not stop spending money. She'd yell at her husband because he bought a carton of chocolate milk and meanwhile she'd have gone out for lunch every day that week, bought $30 of weed and three packs of cigs all just for her. Then she'd whine about having no money because she didn't want to work full time.

That's one of the reasons the mass foreclosures happen. I knew one couple (who are getting divorced ATM) and the wife would not stop spending money. She'd yell at her husband because he bought a carton of chocolate milk and meanwhile she'd have gone out for lunch every day that week, bought $30 of weed and three packs of cigs all just for her. Then she'd whine about having no money because she didn't want to work full time.

That's a dumb b**** right there.

That's a dumb b**** right there.
And yet men keep on marrying them because they're hot, I guess? As a nerdy girl who saves like crazy and who's okay-looking but not hot, I have no sympathy. :oldrazz:

Yeah, a lot of people just sorta assumed the American dream was gonna happen for them and didn't realize that their lifestyle wouldn't support it. :o I think that's a HUGE issue for many people nowadays, not just Americans or even young people. People just don't want to face reality.

And yet men keep on marrying them because they're hot, I guess? As a nerdy girl who saves like crazy and who's okay-looking but not hot, I have no sympathy. :oldrazz:

Those men who knowingly marry a dumb woman have it coming. Nice **** and a fat ass doesn't last forever. Personally, I find lack of intelligence unattractive. Being ditzy and absent minded is such a huge turn off. Another thing. Using "like" multiple times in a sentence like a valley girl annoys me to no end. I have a friend who does this. I have to literally tune out and stop keeping count of how many times I hear "like".

Those men who knowingly marry a dumb woman have it coming. Nice **** and a fat ass doesn't last forever. Personally, I find lack of intelligence unattractive. Being ditzy and absent minded is such a huge turn off. Another thing. Using "like" multiple times in a sentence like a valley girl annoys me to no end. I have a friend who does this. I have to literally tune out and stop keeping count of how many times I hear "like".

Fat asses do last forever. Sometimes they even increase.

mathIsHard.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"